Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you guys think, can I lengthen 3-4 cm and recover completely?  (Read 16974 times)

Uppland

Is it possible to lengthen 3-4 cm and still retain my athletic ability to such a degree that I would not notice the difference 3 years post-op?

These are the activities I do: Sprinting, swimming, bodybuilding, cycling and skiing.

Note that I do not compete in any of these so a slight decrease in performance is acceptable as long as I can still execute these with no issue.

I would go with Dr. Guichet and my timeframe before returning to everyday life would be 6 months from the date of surgery at most.

These outcomes would be unacceptable to me:

-Being unable to walk properly after 6 months.

-Long term decrease in athletic function that noticeably impacts said activities and/or my everyday life.

What do you think, can it be done or should I forget about lengthening?

I understand that no individual process is alike but I would like your opinions nevertheless.

Deads

Re: What do you guys think, can I lengthen 3-4 cm and recover completely?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 12:33:06 AM »

Is it possible to lengthen 3-4 cm and still retain my athletic ability to such a degree that I would not notice the difference 3 years post-op?

These are the activities I do: Sprinting, swimming, bodybuilding, cycling and skiing.

Note that I do not compete in any of these so a slight decrease in performance is acceptable as long as I can still execute these with no issue.

I would go with Dr. Guichet and my timeframe before returning to everyday life would be 6 months from the date of surgery at most.

These outcomes would be unacceptable to me:

-Being unable to walk properly after 6 months.

-Long term decrease in athletic function that noticeably impacts said activities and/or my everyday life.

What do you think, can it be done or should I forget about lengthening?

I understand that no individual process is alike but I would like your opinions nevertheless.

Yep, go for it.. Your lengthening would be done in under a month with Guichet... At least do the 4cm! All that money for 3cm is just ridiculous.. I say do 4.5cm so that you can be 6 feet tall.

The average Guichet patient lengthens 4.5cm in about 28-30 days. You'll be back to normal activities quicker than anyone.

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 12:54:56 AM »

Yep, go for it.. Your lengthening would be done in under a month with Guichet... At least do the 4cm! All that money for 3cm is just ridiculous.. I say do 4.5cm so that you can be 6 feet tall.

The average Guichet patient lengthens 4.5cm in about 28-30 days. You'll be back to normal activities quicker than anyone.

I honestly don't need more than 3 cm and I figured I would alter my body and proportions as little as possible while still going from a bit short to average.

All I want is to reach a decent normal height so I can fit in with my peers. Being tall is a luxury and I can manage without it.

Deads

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 02:23:40 AM »

I honestly don't need more than 3 cm and I figured I would alter my body and proportions as little as possible while still going from a bit short to average.

All I want is to reach a decent normal height so I can fit in with my peers. Being tall is a luxury and I can manage without it.

... Dude. Is $60,000 US worth 3cm? You should get out 3cm and look at it on a tape measure. No one would be able to tell a difference. You are just attached to a number.. Just wear lifts.

You are cray cray if you spend $60000 for 3cm... And that's putting it nicely :)

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 04:11:43 AM »

... Dude. Is $60,000 US worth 3cm? You should get out 3cm and look at it on a tape measure. No one would be able to tell a difference. You are just attached to a number.. Just wear lifts.

You are cray cray if you spend $60000 for 3cm... And that's putting it nicely :)

Yes maybe, but if I had that kind of money now I don't know what else I would spend it on.

Peaceout

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 08:20:33 AM »

Yes maybe, but if I had that kind of money now I don't know what else I would spend it on.
So you are saying you think the only way to spend 60 k is that breaking your legs and lengthening them for just 3 cm?you dont know how to spend it except using it on LL ? Thats weird.

aspirant185

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 08:25:30 AM »

You should go for 6 cm. That is below average for Guichet's patients and you will still recover completely. People will not notice a thing. Guys that are 160cm lengthen 8 cm with Guichet, recover completely and get back to normal, and you who are 178 are thinking you will not recover fully? 6cm femur would be way less than 20% for you. I honestly think below 5 cm, in any case, it is not worth it. If you just wanna do 4cm, go and do 4cm with Mitkovic for 10 k euro :)
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 08:46:26 AM »

So you are saying you think the only way to spend 60 k is that breaking your legs and lengthening them for just 3 cm?you dont know how to spend it except using it on LL ? Thats weird.

I don't really lack anything material, guess I would invest it.

Uppland

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 08:47:57 AM »

You should go for 6 cm. That is below average for Guichet's patients and you will still recover completely. People will not notice a thing. Guys that are 160cm lengthen 8 cm with Guichet, recover completely and get back to normal, and you who are 178 are thinking you will not recover fully? 6cm femur would be way less than 20% for you. I honestly think below 5 cm, in any case, it is not worth it. If you just wanna do 4cm, go and do 4cm with Mitkovic for 10 k euro :)

6 cm would mean that a complete recovery is unlikely, also my proportions would not look good. I've put thouhgt into this and 4 cm is the most I would do, 3 cm the least.

Peaceout

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 08:57:47 AM »

6 cm would mean that a complete recovery is unlikely, also my proportions would not look good. I've put thouhgt into this and 4 cm is the most I would do, 3 cm the least.
What do you mean exactly by saying 5-6 cm wont look good proportionally

aspirant185

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 09:13:44 AM »

Complete recovery is never likely if you break your bones. Psychologically speaking, you would now that your legs are not the same anymore. For example, football stars, when they break their legs or get a sever injury, they very very rarely return at the same level. Leo Messi and Cristiano CRonnie7 have been extraordinarily lucky not to suffer a major injury such as bone breakage or muscle tear. Most major football stars have never suffered such injury. On the other hand, when the Brazilian CRonnie7 started having problems, well his career failed.

With that being said, based on what I ve read in here, 6, 7, and even 8 cm would be possible to recover to the extent to which one can walk normally, does not have pain, and even play tennis/football at an OK level, albeit worse than before.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Uppland

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 09:30:07 AM »

What do you mean exactly by saying 5-6 cm wont look good proportionally

I think it's self-explanatory really. Or could you be a bit more concrete?

Peaceout

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 10:07:30 AM »

I think it's self-explanatory really. Or could you be a bit more concrete?
I meant what you dont like about your body when you try 5 -6-7 cms.Your upper body?your arms?your femur/tibia proportions?
Because i still insist 3 cm is not worth

Uppland

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 12:20:40 PM »

I meant what you dont like about your body when you try 5 -6-7 cms.Your upper body?your arms?your femur/tibia proportions?
Because i still insist 3 cm is not worth

It's not really necessary to get specific, I will say that the effect can be mitigated by building muscle. Besides i'd rather be 181-182 and more proportionate than 183-184 and less.

My starting proportions are also unfortunate, small wingspan, normal inseam and thin build. I also place a lot more value on looks than I think anyone else on this forum and I'm a bit obsessive about it I guess.

Deads

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 01:50:08 PM »

It's not really necessary to get specific, I will say that the effect can be mitigated by building muscle. Besides i'd rather be 181-182 and more proportionate than 183-184 and less.

My starting proportions are also unfortunate, small wingspan, normal inseam and thin build. I also place a lot more value on looks than I think anyone else on this forum and I'm a bit obsessive about it I guess.

Uppland, everyone can agree that 3cm is just too neurotic and nitpicky.. Don't do the surgery if it bothers you that much.

Also, I think now is the perfect time to clear something up. As everyone is already aware, wingspan is a measurement of your arms AND your back. You've made it clear that your small wingspan is a result of your small back. You're afraid of how you're arms will look based on a number that is only a partial indicator to how your arms really look on your body. Anyone can gain 5cm and look great. Not just okay, but great! Completely normal.

I want to ask; are you just trying to seek attention? You keep making threads asking people what to expect when you are one of the most longest standing members here. You know what to expect, you know what recovery should be like after 3-4cm.. There's nothing left for you to ask that you haven't already been exposed to in your time on this board. The only thing left to do is just decide. If you can't make up your mind, then get mock-ups done because there is really nothing left for you to discover at this point. It baffles me that you haven't already done mock-ups if you're really that serious about proportions.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:51:50 PM by Deads »

westercoasten

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 02:24:31 PM »

Uppland, everyone can agree that 3cm is just too neurotic and nitpicky.. Don't do the surgery if it bothers you that much.

Also, I think now is the perfect time to clear something up. As everyone is already aware, wingspan is a measurement of your arms AND your back. You've made it clear that your small wingspan is a result of your small back. You're afraid of how you're arms will look based on a number that is only a partial indicator to how your arms really look on your body. Anyone can gain 5cm and look great. Not just okay, but great! Completely normal.

I want to ask; are you just trying to seek attention? You keep making threads asking people what to expect when you are one of the most longest standing members here. You know what to expect, you know what recovery should be like after 3-4cm.. There's nothing left for you to ask that you haven't already been exposed to in your time on this board. The only think left to do is just decide. If you can't make up your mind, then get mock-ups done because there is really nothing left for you to discover at this point. It baffles me that you haven't already done mock-ups if you're really that serious about proportions.
Whats your wingspan?

Thatdude950

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »

I don't really lack anything material, guess I would invest it.

You genuinely don't believe that you'd be better off with +60k in the bank and the ability to put in 2 years of hard work at the gym, compared to +3cm of height and being crippled for the same amount of time? Really?

I have a suggestion by the way. If you're worried about your wing span because of your back, why not spend a year getting yourself into optimum shape. Build a broader back. It will take at least a year of solid work. Then you will be ready for LL if it's still needed.

Deads

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 02:45:27 PM »

You genuinely don't believe that you'd be better off with +60k in the bank and the ability to put in 2 years of hard work at the gym, compared to +3cm of height and being crippled for the same amount of time? Really?

I have a suggestion by the way. If you're worried about your wing span because of your back, why not spend a year getting yourself into optimum shape. Build a broader back. It will take at least a year of solid work. Then you will be ready for LL if it's still needed.

Training your back and shoulders doesn't affect wingspan. It's a bone structure thing... thought I'd blurt it out before Uppland does haha

Thatdude950

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 02:50:49 PM »

Training your back and shoulders doesn't affect wingspan. It's a bone structure thing... thought I'd blurt it out before Uppland does haha

For sure, you're limited by your frame - but you can still make a difference. Even if it's an illusion.

Uppland

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 02:54:51 PM »

You guys think I should refrain from it all then?

Perhaps that would be best, I would have liked a small gain, a relatively quich recovery and then to forget about the ordeal but I suppose that might be unrealistic. I would spend the money if I had it that doesn't concern me much, however my health and my time I consider almost priceless.

Deads

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 03:07:31 PM »

You guys think I should refrain from it all then?

Perhaps that would be best, I would have liked a small gain, a relatively quich recovery and then to forget about the ordeal but I suppose that might be unrealistic. I would spend the money if I had it that doesn't concern me much, however my health and my time I consider almost priceless.

If 3cm is all you're willing to lengthen, then yes.. 5cm on the other hand is worth it.

With Guichet, your lengthening time frame would be only a little over a month. You can fully weight bear with G-Nail so you'd be walking again nearly straight away.

Peaceout

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »

But if you get a bulky upper body it will even make your arms appear smaller(after exceeding wingspan).Atleast thats what i think.Am i wrong?

Deads

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 03:54:25 PM »

But if you get a bulky upper body it will even make your arms appear smaller(after exceeding wingspan).Atleast thats what i think.Am i wrong?

Very minimal. You'd have to be at a professional level for it to have any effect like that... The reason that your arms would look remotely shorter is because your lats would push your arms out slightly preventing them from being completely by your sides.... You need huge lats for that to occur though.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 01:15:41 AM »

What's your lifestyle, employment, family situation look like, Upland (sorry if I seem nosy)? If you are very much immersed in heavy social interactions (work with people alot), self employed i.e. work from home (no colleagues to have to explain yourself to), have alot of clingy family members that require you text, call, write them even though you only live a few miles away (my predicament lol)? I only ask because if you have many social/employment obligations then long distraction/consolidation times will be a big downside to it all. You err on the side of caution and that's a good approach when considering something as major as LL.
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

YellowSpike

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2016, 03:09:42 PM »

If you go with Dr. G, I would disagree with this statement. I did 7cm, and honestly, I can see how I will eventually fully recovery. I'm very optimistic in my recovery. The only issue I have now is the left screw issue which I'm getting fixed shortly. And I will eventually post a video of me on here (wearing a mask, of course) running to show that I'm doing well. My recovery is fine, just took longer than the legendary ShyShy for several reasons (I had to work right after clicking and he did not, I had the left screw issue and he did not, genetics, etc.). My only thing is I want a bit more height.

In your case, I would do 5cm so you can be the magical 6ft. I mean...5cm in femurs with Dr. G...you're VERY UNLIKELY to have any complications and you WILL recover fully.

In my case when I do tibs, I'm only doing about 3cm because I just want to be 5'9" (which to me, is essentially average). Tibs are a bit riskier and take longer, and given that and proportions, that's why I'm only doing a very small amount. But in your case...I would do 5cm.

programdude

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 03:40:08 PM »

What I've seen is- LL is a crapshoot. You could be not properly functional for over a year like me, or bounced back and running in 3-5 months. Hope for the best, expect the worst.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

YellowSpike

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 04:13:55 PM »

What I've seen is- LL is a crapshoot. You could be not properly functional for over a year like me, or bounced back and running in 3-5 months. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Good to see you PD. And agree - it is a crapshoot. It's like a box of chocolates...you really never know what you're gonna get. But I think 5cm on femurs for a young guy like Upp should be fine.

programdude

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 05:29:45 PM »

Should be, for sure. But when you are breaking and stretching limbs you never know
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

YellowSpike

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »

Should be, for sure. But when you are breaking and stretching limbs you never know

This is very true. With this sh*t, you just never know.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 09:14:11 PM »

How is your recovery going? Sprinting, explosiveness, vertical leap etc.
Edit: An 8cm height gain is impossible I believe (with the precise), do you know the exact number of cm´s and mm´s you´ve gained?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:09:22 PM by Alittletooshort »

YellowSpike

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 10:48:40 PM »

How is your recovery going? Sprinting, explosiveness, vertical leap etc.
Edit: An 8cm height gain is impossible I believe (with the precise), do you know the exact number of cm´s and mm´s you´ve gained?

In his case, exact gain is less important. I've met PD and he looks comfortably tall. No woman would ever have an issue with his height.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up