Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: StrugglingHard - External Tibias - Dr. Sringari - 2013 - My Lengthening In India  (Read 38152 times)

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .

i understand what you trying to say ..
i just shared my experience and opinion cause i thought it might help you .
CLL is a very lengthy process and especially recovery ... you will realize later what i m trying to say .

Over all it will be better if you consult other doctor about your condition ASAP ..!!

BilateralDamage

26/02/2014:
First Walking with crutches with twisted right foot(60% recovered):

Sorry but your gait is the stuff nightmares are made of... even more disturbing is that your PT seems fine with it.

Smallguy

Yeah. My choices also mirror yours, but not necessary in that order.

But if you choose Franz, Lee, Paley (or even Guichet?), they don't advice coming home before distraction is done, right?

BTW, do you think 100K is enough for Paley (including stay in Florida)?

I may have to resign from my job. My company said they'll be flexible with my vacation but they won't expect that I will be leaving for 3 months.

I think 100k should be enough for Paley. If not, just make sure you have a credit line or home equity line open.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Smallguy

Hey, how are you doing so far? Getting better? Any updates?
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

StrugglingHard

My twisted leg as on 8/03/2014.

Thanks a lot Harry, Mohammad Nisar and Management for providing 2nd physiotherapist:

StrugglingHard

@Machine,

I dont see ur post.
What do u say after seeing my latest pic? Do u still think I need another surgery to rectify my foot twist?

StrugglingHard

Hi,

its 40 days since my frame removed.
I am using Orthofix physio-stim to improve my callus. When I put Orthofix on my shin/leg there is press mark on my shin which means my new callus are being pushed down by Orthofix temporarily, will it cause any problem in my callus formation? Pls advise. Any idea?

orthofix physio-stim:

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .

@Machine,

I dont see ur post.
What do u say after seeing my latest pic? Do u still think I need another surgery to rectify my foot twist?

it is obvious that you are going to have another surgery in future to fix it ... i think the problem of your foot is because your tibia is not aligned which will cause ankle pain and knee pain and you won't be able to walk properly in future until you fix it .
like i told you before my condition is much better then yours and still i came all the way to mumbai to consult Dr Mangal Parihar to fix the issue ... anyway it is better you consult other doctors ..@!

StrugglingHard

it is obvious that you are going to have another surgery in future to fix it ... i think the problem of your foot is because your tibia is not aligned which will cause ankle pain and knee pain and you won't be able to walk properly in future until you fix it .
like i told you before my condition is much better then yours and still i came all the way to mumbai to consult Dr Mangal Parihar to fix the issue ... anyway it is better you consult other doctors ..@!

I dont have knee pain at all but had ankle pain in left leg due to infection and its much better now and my twisted foot is almost straight now and when I walk pressure dont go to single point but in larger area.

StrugglingHard

Thank God I walked 1/2 km today without rest with crutches and without any difficulty. Thanks to Sukesh for his sincere and tireless physio. I am happy that I will not need any surgery for my twisted foot and I feel I am 90% recovered.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day

Thank God I walked 1/2 km today without rest with crutches and without any difficulty. Thanks to Sukesh for his sincere and tireless physio. I am happy that I will not need any surgery for my twisted foot and I feel I am 90% recovered.

im glad for you man! keep it up!!
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

StrugglingHard

Hi Guys,

Im here after long time. My frame was removed on 31st Jan, 2013. Its 14 months since first surgery and 9 months since frame removal.  While I can walk without any crutches(still I use single stick just for protection), I am still unable to walk normally.

Left Leg: 

My left leg is perfectly straight but there is still considerable ballerina and better callus but not yet fully filled

Right Leg:

My right ankle is still twisted though improved a lot and has almost no ballerina. My heel is not in central position and is inwards and its so hard/stiff that even putting 20 kg weight against twist do not bring back the heel to central position. Also less callus in right leg.

I have been from hospital to hospital, doctor to doctor since 1st April, 2014 in UK and still waiting for date, they say next apointment will be in Feb 2015. That seems like joke. As per doctor there is no problem with ankle/bone, but I do not trust him becoz putting 20KG weight while no ballerina shud push the heels towards central postion at least but its so stiff and hard that it doesnt push towards central position. He told me tendon release will solve the problem.

Kindly tell me if anyone one of u went through tendon release, and how much time it takes to recover and walk normally after tendon release? Any suggestion from anyone?

And my callus still not filled properly,

TomD

• Private

Same for USA because not being able to walk is a medically necessary treatment. In fact you can head straight to Paley and be covered. It will make you feel like you are the hands of the best doctor in the world for a steep discount.

My next budget is 100k. I bought some stocks before heading for India which doubled in value and I also own a home in Vancouver. So I can take out a mortgage for this next one.

My choice at the moment is Franz, Guichet, or Paley (or even turkey).... or even Danghoon cuz I listen to korean music. Paying more doesn't guaranteed that you will be complication free (eg Betz) but it will make you feel like you have made the right choice the first time around

If you go to Russia / China or India and you end up unable to walk, you can go to Paley and be covered ????

It will be a fight but I think you will win in the end if the original doctor screws up.

I grew up in West Van and (will) own a duplex in Horseshoe Bay.  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up