Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Proportions  (Read 3255 times)

AnotherLLer

My Proportions
« on: January 26, 2016, 12:26:43 AM »

Hello, I'm new to the forum and appreciate your thoughts.

These are my stats, so you can judge about my future lengthening amounts:

Sex: Male

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Height: 166 centimeters (Morning measurement)

Sitting height: 91 centimeters (Morning measurement)

Wingspan: 166 centimeters

Navel height: 97 centimeters (165-97=68, 97:68=1.426 (Golden ratio is 1.618))

Inseam (Bicycle) [From crotch to the ground]: 75 centimeters (165-75=90, which is near my sitting height (91 centimeters))

Distance between nipples: 22 centimeters (Near head length)

As you can see, from crotch to top of the head is nearly 91 centimeters (Close to 4 heads length).

Below crotch (where legs join the torso) to the ground is nearly 75 centimeters (Close to 3.4 heads length).

These measurements tell my body proportions between legs and upper body (Including head).

As you can see, I'm nearly 7.5 heads tall. I want to increase my femur and tibia (Proportionally) as long as I'll reach 8 heads in total height. 22x8=176. This means I should split 10-11 centimeters into femur and tibia, proportionally.

What do you think about my measurements and goal? Wingspan is a problem, but I don't care -10 centimeters APE index.

Thanks for your feedback.

Alittletooshort

Re: My Proportions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:37:48 AM »

Upload a picture and a mockup of your desired height. Numbers alone aren´t really helpful.

Alu

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 01:12:53 AM »

Ok so important insight from me and my own evolutionary thought about proportions:

Lately I've become much more lenient on proportions. For the simple fact that I feel much more at ease that I could pull off 8 CM.

When it comes to proportions, it's so subjective that I don't dare to really talk about other's proportions unless I'm telling them to think more realistically and not aim for 10CM+ (which I feel typically never looks normal). Now, when doing mock-ups it can be a good indicator but not a great one. I advise people try mock-ups more then anything though. When playing the number game, it can certainly be a good frame of reference. However, bodies...uhh..hmm... horizontally vary; a primary reason why I feel all LLers should bulk up more to make your torso compliment longer legs.

From what you just shared, I do feel that 10-11 would be a tad too much. I like your frame of mind in separating the two and keeping the femur and tibia proportions the same. In the end though, it's primary what you want more then anything. Also just to ease you in, I feel like you could do 5 CM with out a problem even in one segment.

Also: if you want you can try this http://shapex.bodylabs.com/examples/demo-large.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:53:27 AM by Alu »

Daylight

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:14:08 AM »

Nobody cares when you throw a bunch of numbers out there except for height and wingspan. We can only judge based on your picture man.

Peaceout

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 09:43:59 AM »

Dont do 10 cm.It wont look good stop around 6,maybe 7 for proportion-sake (wingspan)

AnotherLLer

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 03:16:01 PM »

Keep in mind that if I undergo lengthening surgery, I'll balance 10 centimeters to both segments proportionally (It may be 5 centimeters on each, or 6.5:3.5 or whatever).

I can't imagine lengthening both parts for under 10 centimeters. I don't know my femur:tibia ratio, so I have to take X-rays to make general ideas about my lower extremities proportions.

Wingspan matters a lot, but I don't think that someone will notice -10 centimeters APE index, unless there's a significant disproportion between femur and tibia (e.g. lengthening 10 centimeters on tibia or femur independently).

Peaceout

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 05:08:51 PM »

Wingspan matters a lot, but I don't think that someone will notice -10 centimeters APE index, unless there's a significant disproportion between femur and tibia (e.g. lengthening 10 centimeters on tibia or femur independently).
Are you serious right now :D ? It will be noticeable even with 5 6 cm,just it will be tolerable wont be a huge problem.10? lol man..

Alittletooshort

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 11:45:21 PM »

You are like everyone here who discovered this surgery, you´ll pick lower goals once you know more about this surgery. -10 Ape index is VERY noticable, I personally woudln´t go below -3/-4.

AnotherLLer

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 12:37:26 AM »

My wingspan is around 166 centimeters, which is very close to my current height.

I want to lengthen both segments of lower extremities to look proportional. 4 centimeters gain is so ridiculous through this surgery, especially if you split it to both segments.

If 10 centimeters lengthening will look weird to me, I'll lengthen humerus by 4 centimeters, so I'll be fine.

I can't upload picture right now, but I'll upload someday.

When I look into the mirror, I feel that I have very short legs compared to my body. I have bulky femurs, which looks weird at this height. When I wear jeans, I try to pull it up as long as it go, to extend my leg length and look normal.

It's not just me, who perceives that I have short legs, my friend told me that I look very short because of my legs, especially in posterior view, where my femurs look so weird.

I know it's hard to imagine how I look in reality, so I'll upload pictures (nked and with slim jeans), so you can look and make general idea about my proportions.

Thanks for your feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up