Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there big difference between 5'4 and 5'7?  (Read 10466 times)

ʘ‿ʘ

• Visitor
Is there big difference between 5'4 and 5'7?
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:20:24 PM »

Do you think leg lengthening is worth it if you are 5'4 short going to 5'7 short? Is the difference big in how men and women will look at you?
Hi my name is Tibor.

patientdad

Re: Is there big difference between 5'4 and 5'7?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 12:02:05 AM »

There is a huge difference.  My son went from 5'4" to 5"7' and he seems much bigger physically.  With shoes on he should be about 5'8" and that is a game changer.

ouroboros

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:05:33 AM »

Do you think leg lengthening is worth it if you are 5'4 short going to 5'7 short? Is the difference big in how men and women will look at you?

I don't know.  I'm 5'7" right now and people normally think than I'm shorter.  It sucks sometimes, but the worst thing I can do is try to prove to them that I'm actually taller because it shows that it bothers me.

I think that if you are 5'4" and you become 5'7", the fact that you are going to have longer legs is going to make you look taller than me at the same height......so height is just a number, but perception of height is what might be more important.

Morgenst.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:11:51 AM »

HUGE difference at 5'3 I wear 3in lifts in my boots for a total of 4in (yeah it's not very comfortable, i dont do it often) increase it's like a new world. Yeah I'm still short but I tower over people who are my height of 5'3. By tower i mean instead of eye level their eyes are on my chin almost so yeah dude.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:13:46 AM »

Yes like a new world
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Alu

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:14:00 AM »

I say any inch increase below 5'7 is pretty worth it. Going to 5'7 means you're going to be taller then most girls and that can be a huge confidence boost for you. Without debating the value of 5'7, it certainly seems like it can be a huge improvement from 5'4. At the same time though, while 5'7 for western countries is shorter then average, it's still a strong adult height.

I could careless if I am still going to be "short" at that height, considering my limitations and what not, I can live pretty comfortably at 5'7. Putting own personal and emotional issues aside, at 5'7 a guy really won't struggle socially; at that point it really is about your mental prowess more then anything.

Cartman

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 12:16:58 AM »

The difference exists... 5'7'' (170 cm) is generally considered a "border line" of height: under 5'7'' a man is short and over is average. About women, at 5'7'' you are taller of the majority of them is shorter than you and we know how much important it is.

P.S. : 170 cm is probably the total world male average ;-)

Morgenst.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 12:40:18 AM »

Basically at 5'7 if you wear boots or dress shoes you'll be 5'8 and you can easily get a girl within the 5'3 to 5'5 range that likes to wear heels and doesn't tower over you. I dont know about you but I dislike when my girl is 5 inches taller than me when we go out, just doesn't look right.

PatientZero

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 12:41:45 AM »

Hello.. I started at 5'4 (163cm) and is very close to my goal of ~5'7 (170cm).

Is the difference big in how men and women will look at you?

I think the point of LL is to change how you perceive yourself since this is a problem we've created in our heads. Going from tragically short to just short has given me a renewed sense of vigor. I used to feel embarrassed going out as a man in a child's body, this feeling has mostly dissipated, now standing at almost ~169cm. I use a walker to visit restaurants near my guesthouse and can't help smiling inside knowing people are thinking 'disabled guy' instead of 'very short guy'.

Since I've undergone surgery, a huge burden was lifted from me, as if I unlocked a much greater capacity for life. I know that at 170cm I'm still short in a Western country, but it is a height that I can easily overcome with other traits: dressing better, social skills, job, cash money, personality, etc. Also, I just gained an extra billion women in my dating pool so thats nice.  :P

I truly recommend this surgery if you are 170cm or less and have crippling height neurosis. Anything greater, the benefits vs risk is not as appealing, and you can gain confidence in other ways.

There is a huge difference.  My son went from 5'4" to 5"7' and he seems much bigger physically.  With shoes on he should be about 5'8" and that is a game changer.

I know exactly how your son feels. Having sneakers on feels incredible!!!
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

theuprising

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 02:38:20 AM »

Will you be getting your son a second LL operation or are you content at 5'7?

patientdad

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 03:15:34 AM »

No more.  He is happy, and none of us want to go through it again.  It is a huge undertaking.

5.7to5.9

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 05:50:53 AM »

My natural height 5.7 with a inch taking me to 5.8 is good. But I still feel trapped in a kids body in many situations( even though I have broad shoulders). 5.9 is when you are treated as a proper man with strangers. But with friends and colleagues I rule 8)

YellowSpike

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 01:41:23 PM »

My natural height 5.7 with a inch taking me to 5.8 is good. But I still feel trapped in a kids body in many situations( even though I have broad shoulders). 5.9 is when you are treated as a proper man with strangers. But with friends and colleagues I rule 8)

I agree. 5'9" is when the change really happens and you start to actually blend in with a lot of other men, and hold your own (not get towered over) with even 6ft men (although men 6'2" and up will still tower over you).

That's why I will not accept anything less than 5'9". I will get that last inch (or more) if it's the last thing I ever do on God's green earth.

Penguinn

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 03:50:17 PM »

Huge. But if the 5'4 guy doesn't feel that way, he shouldn't be swayed into LL.

ouroboros

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 06:19:59 PM »

That's why I will not accept anything less than 5'9". I will get that last inch (or more) if it's the last thing I ever do on God's green earth.

I agree with this from my personal perspective.

Being stuck at a height below 5'9" is like being part of a professional sports team and sitting on the bench most of the time.   Not that there is anything wrong with warming up the bench......it's just a little more fulfilling when you can proudly say you are part of the team instead of the reserves. 

aspirant185

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 10:22:22 PM »

I agree with this from my personal perspective.

Being stuck at a height below 5'9" is like being part of a professional sports team and sitting on the bench most of the time.   Not that there is anything wrong with warming up the bench......it's just a little more fulfilling when you can proudly say you are part of the team instead of the reserves.

Still, if you are on the bench for a professional team , no matter how  ty the team and in which sports, you would still be making a ridiculous amount of money and you wouldnt care much about height :D 
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

hyong

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 12:42:36 AM »

I don't know.  I'm 5'7" right now and people normally think than I'm shorter.  It sucks sometimes, but the worst thing I can do is try to prove to them that I'm actually taller because it shows that it bothers me.

I think that if you are 5'4" and you become 5'7", the fact that you are going to have longer legs is going to make you look taller than me at the same height......so height is just a number, but perception of height is what might be more important.

i get what u mean,

i used to have an ex , shes like 167cm ? 5'6 ? and i am 5'8 , she always feel she is around the same height as me.

Alu

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 02:06:46 AM »

i get what u mean,

i used to have an ex , shes like 167cm ? 5'6 ? and i am 5'8 , she always feel she is around the same height as me.

I mean did she break up with you because of that...I fail to see the relevancy in this... Dare I say ask your dad how he hooked up with your mom.. sounds like you have some confidence issues..

ouroboros

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 02:51:43 AM »

i get what u mean,

It's interesting how women think that they are taller than their actual height, specially those in the 5'5" and up range.   They put on high heals and they are as tall as the average man.  Maybe they are the ones with the bigger height neurosis.   

hyong

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 05:10:24 AM »

I mean did she break up with you because of that...I fail to see the relevancy in this... Dare I say ask your dad how he hooked up with your mom.. sounds like you have some confidence issues..

Well, i have to admit i have not the most confident men up here in this forum , that is the truth.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 05:30:29 PM »

Huge difference. Well, at least it was huge for me and I was only 1"-2" taller than you when I started. Going from 5'6" to 5'9" was pretty drastic. I no longer felt "short" and I'm finally at ease with the way I look. Now if my legs didn't hurt every time I walked, I'd say that this surgery changed my life for the positive. The way people treated me was different, too. For example, 5'7"+ girls never thought of me as anything more than a friend. But now it's different. Definitely more girls are checking me out now and chatting me up now than before. But other than that, no. There's not much difference. My friends still treat me the same way other than noting that I'm taller now. I don't work in a corporate job, but I doubt that I'd get a pay raise for being taller.

It's interesting how women think that they are taller than their actual height, specially those in the 5'5" and up range.   They put on high heals and they are as tall as the average man.  Maybe they are the ones with the bigger height neurosis.
I highly doubt that. Most of the people who get LL are males.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

5.7to5.9

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 06:01:26 PM »

My friends still treat me the same way other than noting that I'm taller now. I don't work in a corporate job, but I doubt that I'd get a pay raise for being taller.
I highly doubt that. Most of the people who get LL are males.
[/quote]

I guess there will be a change once there is a change in personality, which tends to happen after physical change like getting fitter or getting beefed up going to gym. I am sure your personality change will come across to everyone in due time
Pages: [1]   Go Up