Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you plan to keep this a secret?  (Read 7501 times)

chineseguy

How do you plan to keep this a secret?
« on: February 14, 2016, 05:27:23 AM »

Hi everyone
Do you plan to keep this secret from everyone except parents or siblings?
What about girlfriends or future wife?
How do you explain scars?  Can scars be remove through surgery?
What about your kids height? Wont you worry? If they are short, how will you explain it?
Thank you!

lluser

• Visitor
Re: How do you plan to keep this a secret?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 08:37:08 AM »

Well for scars you can say they are stretch marks for when you hit puberty. If you are between 15-25 you might get away with saying you had a late growth spurt.

Tiny

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 09:43:54 AM »

Yes.

Yes.

I had an accident. That's it. Yes, you can minimize their look with surgery.

What about your kids height? Wont you worry? If they are short, how will you explain it?

No. Pretty sure they'll be fine with better nutrition and healthcare. With the added height, you'll have better chances in dating. You can date taller women. As long as your kids are in the normal height range (not sure of the exact numbers, but say, + or - 1 to 2 inches of your height), then that's acceptable. If they're still not content, you know what to do.

shorthandsomedoc

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 10:43:56 AM »

Yes.

Yes.

I had an accident. That's it. Yes, you can minimize their look with surgery.

No. Pretty sure they'll be fine with better nutrition and healthcare. With the added height, you'll have better chances in dating. You can date taller women. As long as your kids are in the normal height range (not sure of the exact numbers, but say, + or - 1 to 2 inches of your height), then that's acceptable. If they're still not content, you know what to do.
This made my day lol

Ozymandias

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 02:18:05 PM »

Yes

See previous answer

If I do internal femurs, scars won't be an issue, at least on long term. If tibias, I will say that I had an accident... Nothing serious, I don't want to talk about it!

I don't want kids, so no problems here  :)

Quite surprising you have not included the most usual question: how to explain a sudden growth spurt, which happened strangely after you spent months on wheelchair/crutches.

"Dad, can I borrow $50,000? I want to break my legs so I can be taller than you!"
Insert your future answer here: ________________________________________

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 02:20:56 PM »

I'd go "No son, this is immoral and you're perfect as you are."

Then lock the door, stand in front of a mirror and go "HA! YOU'LL NEVER BE TALLER THAN ME! HA! fkING MIDGET RUNT!"

Tiny

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 03:23:41 PM »

"Dad, can I borrow $50,000? I want to break my legs so I can be taller than you!"
Insert your future answer here:

*Grabs beer for two...*

Son, I fully understand your sentiments of being short. This world is a cruel place and I don't want you to suffer because of things that are beyond your reach (dad puns lol). But seriously, I want you to think this through over and over again. I want you to have the best life. Remember,  whatever you do, I'm always here for you. *Hugs son*

Btw, you don't have to borrow. I prepared for this sh!t. Also, here's a list of doctors I consider safe. Now gtfo here you little fcker.

Svensk

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 03:56:51 PM »

Hi everyone
Yes, even my parents & siblings.

Yes.

I will give them hGH in time, I want them to be taller than me.

I'll probably do just like my dad would have done. Lift me up against a wall and hit me a hundreds of times and explain how stupid that idea is.
Why didn't the short guy come in to the night club?
-No leg

Goal: 7 cm femurs in summer 2017

Nightwish

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 04:35:22 PM »

There is one person I'd tell as I would trust her with my life and if something went wrong I would want someone to know, noone else would know about it. Ever. There are three doctors I'm debating between, Drs Birkholtz and Nemer which would obviously be two femurs together. If in South Africa I would say I was doing volunteering charity work in Namibia and if Kiev I'm learning Russian so that would be my cover story there. I'm also considering Dr Monegal which would be one at a time, and I would be doing football coaching in Lisbon. I'd fudge the places incase someone put 2+2 together and found this forum - obviously no doctors listed in Lisbon or Namibia!

I would dismiss it as in an accident, if pressed I would say I was in a taxi when a car drove into the side of it and I have bone, muscle and ligament damage in each leg where they got trapped in the wreckage. Elaborate lie which I would feel genuinely awful saying, but I guess it's better than the alternative. I guess with Dr Monegal it would seem more likely with only one properly busted leg when I came back to the country.

I would explain the height growth by saying something like, yeah, lost weight, done a bit of yoga during rehab, heights increased by pretty much an inch! Think it would look shadier if I was like, I haven't grown even though we were at eye level a few months ago.

Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Knik

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »

the scars are quite small, with surgery a few people should notice? not ?
Looking for Pili

MirandaProcerusa

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 10:31:48 PM »

Hi everyone
Thank you!
1. Won't be able to do this for a year or so anyway so probably start wearing high heels or lifts the whole time and then after surgery just wear flats. Not really gonna keep it a secret just not going to talk about it.
2. Already in a committed relationship so no problem regarding this.
3. Would be doing internal LL so hopefully scars are minimized. There are surgeries to remove external LL scars. There are also silicone pads, silicone gels, chemical peels etc to minimize scars.
4. Kids will have best nutrition possible. Tall parents can still have short kids and short parents can have tall kids. Explanation is Genetics.

ouroboros

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 12:53:17 AM »

so probably start wearing high heels or lifts the whole time and then after surgery just wear flats.

I would caution you to not overdo it with the lifts and high heels if you plan on doing tibias..... you could be messing up your achilles and might affect your lengthening and recovery.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 12:55:26 AM »

1) Only told one friend, and i regret it. Not planning on telling anyone else. But not a huge deal as I plan to coincide the surgery with moving to another city.
2) No way.. can't imagine anything good coming from telling your SO.
3) Ski accident (I ski a lot, so quite plausible to those who know me)
4) Ideally I'll utilize my additional height to marry a tall girl. If the kids come out short anyway, who is going to blame me? Don't see why this is a big concern.
5) We have to account for inflation here. The kid will be asking for at least $100k! But yeah, if I get it done I don't see any reason why I wouldn't let my kid get it done too.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

5.7to5.9

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 04:37:16 AM »

I would do only 4cm which would be a significant change for me, where as others won't be able to make out where it's from actually. 171 to175 is pretty good for me

Keep Growing

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 07:08:08 AM »

4) Ideally I'll utilize my additional height to marry a tall girl. If the kids come out short anyway, who is going to blame me? Don't see why this is a big concern.

Now, that is cheating/lying and you could be even sued for it. :)

I believe this should be kept a secret from anyone except, maybe, our parents. Given the nutrition in developed and developing countries these days, our kids should be taller than we are.

yagen

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 09:13:43 AM »

Yoga, pilates and straight back with this device http://www.uprightpose.com/ I got one, and its perfect to manaint the correct posture,

I will show them the device in my back, and I will talk to them about the important of a good posture of the back, and bla bla bla......

Peaceout

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 05:24:26 PM »

I would do only 4cm which would be a significant change for me, where as others won't be able to make out where it's from actually. 171 to175 is pretty good for me
im also thinking about this amount.I believe it will be good for me.
 i wouldnt tell anyone except my parents.
Why worrying alot about your kids?If you are not like over 40,then there are plenty of time for your future adult kid.Give him better nutrition.Dont let him ztay away from sports and if nothing goes wrong he/she should have a decent height.
But you cant change genetics afterall.

For scars question that is one of my reasons why i dont want external,ive seen some examples on some diaries.it is bad imo.

LookingAround

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 10:00:50 PM »

Hi everyone

Secret from everyone.  I only plan on doing 4-6 cms so I think I can get away with it as long as I wear boat shoes and vans etc. for a few years after.

See above

Not too worried about scars, I plan on doing femur lengthening and thus not a whole lot of people will see my thighs. 

I have the genetics of an average height person.  So long as, if I have kids, the mother is a little tall and I get my kids to eat well then my sons should be in the 5'10 to 6' range.
Current Height: 177 CM
Desired Height: 181-182 CM

Alu

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 11:02:32 PM »

Huh so much for not wanting to do it lol

To OP: I'm just gonna be upfront with my family and some of my friends. I really don't care what others would think about me getting this procedure. I won't be a blabber mouth and tell everyone about it, but I certainly don't want to keep it a secret from my loved ones (I've already told my father about it and he seemed concerned but understanding). In terms of my "soul mate" I'll be upfront a couple of months into the relationship. I certainly don't want to keep it a full secret, but I wouldn't want to tell her so upfront. Ohh, and when it comes to kids, I don't want any, but if I do then I'll make sure they are healthy throughout.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2016, 06:16:12 PM »

I wouldn't keep it a secret to anyone. In fact, I would entrust it to anyone really close to me. Even my future partner. If her response would be "Why did you do such an idiotic thing?", then she's probably the right one.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

myloginacct

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 11:03:27 PM »

I think hiding it from your wife is a terrible decision. Unless you did it absolutely alone, wore lifts to your desired height before getting to know everyone in your current social circle, and didn't tell or see absolutely no one in your family in recent times, your LL secret will probably come out someday, in some form. It's better to not risk something like that.

You shouldn't be married to a person who doesn't understand you to the point that they can't accept you were in so much pain about your height, you went through something as drastic as this, anyway. I stand by my point in other threads that physical attraction and looks are totally biological in nature. You don't need to worry about being rejected for telling your wife, of all people, that you went through LL in the past. Most people's minds wouldn't even be able to really picture you were shorter once. But like everything in life, everyone has to make their own decisions. I think the sooner you can tell a serious partner, the better.

To answer the thread:

No. I'd just avoid telling it to people I don't know very well, since there's no reason to, and they would never understand it. It's not even possible to hide something like this when you just return taller than you were in your adulthood, anyway. It's a personal decision and I would be fine with the ones who are close to me knowing. Ideally, I'd like to believe the people I choose to keep close to me in my life would be understanding enough to the point of being empathetic if I ever went through something as radical as LL just to deal with my own psychological pain.

I'd tell them as soon as I felt it is appropriate, if it is a serious relationship. They have the right to make an informed decision about their future, and I would also like to judge their reaction. It'd also be personally hard for me to keep living and thinking I'm deceiving someone, even though I understand everyone here who chooses not to tell; everyone wants to be judged/loved for who they are, not their height.

Every single member of this forum who's going to have children someday is going to be very conscious about making sure their sons reach their maximum potential height, with HGH treatment, great nutrition, etc. But if I ended up marrying a very short woman, I'd do IVF to not risk having sons.

onemorefoot

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 05:48:04 AM »

Hi everyone
Thank you!
1. Of course, Who wants to be a clown?
2.I Wouldnt tell my Gf, you can break at some point And She has information that can damage you, I Wouldnt marry, human beings are not done to be married( you know why)
3.Scars are the easy part, your doc can remove them
4. I dont want kids, too much work for me, but I would arguello that they were unlucky
Budget will determine my future.

Purushrottam

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 08:13:51 AM »

Hi everyone
Thank you!

I had 6.5 cm ll in my femurs. I'm 1 month into consolidation. I'm still handicapped. I met a lot of people that I knew before. None of them noticed/said anything. If you don't mention it, they won't notice it (assuming you lengthen under 3 inches).
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Knik

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 10:23:56 AM »

Finally found how
I have no social contacts out of my family  8)  8)  8)
I just need money, for both LL / house and then scar removal and if scar removal is not enough maybe some discret tatoos
but scars are not that big, hopefully
Looking for Pili
Pages: [1]   Go Up