Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs, tibias, or both? New here, thanks!  (Read 5640 times)

AlliNeedisHeight

• Visitor
  • Im new here! But really like this forum
Femurs, tibias, or both? New here, thanks!
« on: March 10, 2016, 07:30:25 AM »

So obviously I'm new to this site. I have been lurking around on these forums for a couple of weeks before considering to make a serious account. Anyways, I'll cut to the main points.

Height: 5" 7' or 170 cm

Desired height gain- Anywhere between 3-4 inches or about 7- 10 cm (Personally, I just believe that any lengthening below 3 inches is just not worth the time and hassle.)

I'm completely open to doing tibias, femurs, or both (if It's the best option) in order to achieve my goal height.

Here are some recent pictures of my body. Sorry if the angle isn't the greatest. The camera was relatively placed at around knee level. But anyways, what do you guys think is best to lengthen? And do any of you have any doctor recommendations under $10,000 outside of the U.S (that you know from experience)?

Thanks!

http://m.imgur.com/PTshBCs
- :)

Alittletooshort

Re: Femurs, tibias, or both? New here, thanks!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 11:45:19 AM »

If your goal is 7+ you have no other choice than to do internal femurs. This will cost you at least 45 000$. More than 5cm's on the tibias is not advised by many doctors due to a decrease in atheltic recovery.
You can't lengthen more than 7cm's baisically because most internal nails only allow an 8cm elongation and the curve of the femur bone will reduce the accieved height gain  so 8cm's will probably result in ending up 7cm's taller.
10 000$ is  not enough for any lengthening, you'll probably need 15-20k. Just read some diaries and figure out what's the best for you.

Max

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 02:04:55 PM »

7- 10 cm (Personally, I just believe that any lengthening below 3 inches is just not worth the time and hassle.)

I agree with this point of yours brother

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 02:19:40 PM »

So obviously I'm new to this site. I have been lurking around on these forums for a couple of weeks before considering to make a serious account. Anyways, I'll cut to the main points.

Height: 5" 7' or 170 cm

Desired height gain- Anywhere between 3-4 inches or about 7- 10 cm (Personally, I just believe that any lengthening below 3 inches is just not worth the time and hassle.)

I'm completely open to doing tibias, femurs, or both (if It's the best option) in order to achieve my goal height.

Here are some recent pictures of my body. Sorry if the angle isn't the greatest. The camera was relatively placed at around knee level. But anyways, what do you guys think is best to lengthen? And do any of you have any doctor recommendations under $10,000 outside of the U.S (that you know from experience)?

Thanks!

I wonder why you think that any lengthening below the 7-10cm is worthless... Try putting 2 inches insoles in your shoes and tell me if you don't feel much taller... Especially at your height of 170 (I am also 171-172) in which even going up to 175-176 will put you in a solid average in most countries of Europe

http://m.imgur.com/PTshBCs
I learned some stuff during this time

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »

I agree with this point of yours brother
What you didn´t get yet is, that the more you lengthen the more time you need. Every cm more increases the time needed to heal exponentially. 8cm´s will take more than just twice as long than 4cm´s. You will also not recover completely from an amount like this.

AlliNeedisHeight

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 03:35:00 PM »

Okay understand guys. I was just wondering. And i didn't mean it's worthless as in it won't make a difference (because it will) it's just that, for me personally, i would love atleast 3 inches. I don't think it's greedy, Because its not 4+ inches, I just know what I'm aiming for. But thanks for the replies! Gives me a good insight on what I'm looking towards in the future.

AlliNeedisHeight

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 03:40:23 PM »

Hey thanks for the reply. I've been reading a lot more about this and you're right. If I may ask you though, would it be worth doing 4-5cm on tibias and then 3+ On femurs (won't need internal since it's not past 7 right) in order to achieve the 3+ inches? Recovery time for me is not an issue, I'm fairly young in comparison to most people so taking time off from work isn't as detremental. And if it means having to save up 15K - 20K then I'll just delau the trip by a few months until I save up enough, if it means getting my goal.

Nightwish

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 04:20:39 PM »

Hey thanks for the reply. I've been reading a lot more about this and you're right. If I may ask you though, would it be worth doing 4-5cm on tibias and then 3+ On femurs (won't need internal since it's not past 7 right) in order to achieve the 3+ inches? Recovery time for me is not an issue, I'm fairly young in comparison to most people so taking time off from work isn't as detremental. And if it means having to save up 15K - 20K then I'll just delau the trip by a few months until I save up enough, if it means getting my goal.

Going for 3+ inches I'd probably look at two surgeries. From what I've read and in my unqualified opinion it's sort of the 6-7cm boundary that I'd be very cautious of going past. Of course your body might be able to handle it well, we are all different. As a general rule I would always lengthen more in the femur than the tibia. I would also stay away from external femur, like, properly just no. Internals are really the only femur option imo.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

AlliNeedisHeight

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 04:59:58 PM »

Okay cool. So then i'll avoid external femurs, but do you think it's best to lengthen a couple of cms of internal femurs first in my 1st surgery, then fully heal and have my second for tibias a couple months after, or is it best to do both within a couple of days?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 05:03:42 PM »

Stay away from external femurs, the pins that are used are huge and block your range of motion. They can also damage your muscles to a point where your body is unable to heal from it. 
It's also extremly painful and you can't even wear underwear.
So either you spend 50 000$ on the internals or forget about femur lengthening.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 05:11:31 PM »

Don't plan two surgeries at once before you have started the first one, do this step by step. Doing less is generally smater.

Max

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 05:26:59 PM »

What you didn´t get yet is, that the more you lengthen the more time you need. Every cm more increases the time needed to heal exponentially. 8cm´s will take more than just twice as long than 4cm´s. You will also not recover completely from an amount like this.
Brother I mean that something like 3-4 cm is more or less insignificant .

LLCaptain

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 05:33:18 PM »

Hello, don't do LL you are crazy.

We have a member who wants to amputate his leg. Holy flaming   that is scary.
Then we have other members who start a diary and never finish or never come back. Can we assume they are all dead?

Don't do it not worth it save your money go home and live better life.

Knik

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 05:39:16 PM »

Hello, don't do LL you are crazy.

We have a member who wants to amputate his leg. Holy flaming crap that is scary.
Then we have other members who start a diary and never finish or never come back. Can we assume they are all dead?

Don't do it not worth it save your money go home and live better life.

Stop your lies
nobody has ever died of operation or at least there is no evidence
and  about the guy who want to amputate his leg, he did the operation in India (if I'm not mistaken)
Looking for Pili

Bruno Mars

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 03:37:52 AM »

Stop your lies
nobody has ever died of operation or at least there is no evidence
and  about the guy who want to amputate his leg, he did the operation in India (if I'm not mistaken)
What is his story? Why does he want to do that??? fk!! its sad to hear this is happening to a LL fellow....

Nightwish

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 08:00:00 PM »

What is his story? Why does he want to do that??? fk!! its sad to hear this is happening to a LL fellow....

Read the diaries by CrimsonTide.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Knik

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 09:25:10 PM »

The 0 risk does not exist, and you must know.
Any medical procedure has risks, in France a woman has recently received  1 million € after she became disabled as a result of his childbirth
but the risks increase if you make your operation in distant countries where the rules are less strict
hence the need to be motivated, and especially well informed (interest of the forum)
Looking for Pili
Pages: [1]   Go Up