Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why I Have Decided to Do Limb Lengthening Surgery With Dr. Jean-Marc Guichet  (Read 4352 times)

swalsh

• Visitor

Hello all, I am on this site, as I assume everyone else is, because I am interested in undergoing limb-lengthening surgery.  More specifically I am planning to undergo femoral lengthening.  I am writing this post to share with everyone who is interested what I have found through the research that I have done on the doctors.  Just to give you a bit of background on myself, I am 5 ft 7 inches, I live in Florida and have my whole life, and I graduated from college almost two years ago.

After my initial research in which I discovered all of the top doctors for leg lengthening, my choices were narrowed down to two: Dr. Jean-Marc Guichet (who does his work in Milan and London) and Dr. Paley (who does his work out of West Palm Beach).  Although Dr. Paley is located only 45 minutes away from me, after more extensive research on both doctors I decided that I wanted to meet with Dr. Guichet in Milan about a potential leg lengthening procedure.  The reasons I decided to have a consultation with Dr. Guichet were as follows: 1. Dr. Guichet invented both the Albizzia Nail and Guichet Nail 2. Dr. Guichet strongly believes in the patient doing pre-operative work that includes a lot of stretching, and strengthening the legs for the best outcome 3. Dr. Guichet strongly believes in safely lengthening the leg so that there are no complications later in life 4. And Dr. Guichet believes in having his patients be active after surgery by walking and doing biking on a stationary bike and keeping them active throughout the lengthening process.

Although I was already strongly leaning towards Dr. Guichet when my parents and I set up a consultation with Dr. Guichet, I was not going to make a decision until I had met with him, and I was absolutely sure that he was the right choice.  When I got to Milan I went through a series of tests that included; low radiation X-Rays to check my bones and make sure they were strong enough for a potential surgery, a psychological exam to make sure I was of sound mind, I met with the physical trainer who works with patients and had the flexibility of my legs checked, and my leg strength was tested at another facility.  After a very impressive display and thorough process of checking whether I was a right candidate for leg lengthening I met with Dr. Guichet himself.
It was the day I met with Dr. Guichet that I was 100% sure that he was the doctor I wanted doing my leg lengthening surgery.  When we met with Dr. Guichet he told my parents and I what we could expect from the surgery and how it would be post-op.  He told us about himself, how he went about the procedure, and how he believed that no patient was the same and that the gains the patient saw were dependent on how motivated they were in putting in the necessary work before and after the surgery, on whether they were willing to listen and do what Dr. Guichet told them to get the best outcome, and of course how their body responded to the lengthening process because under no circumstances would Dr. Guichet risk complications for the patient later in life just to get more gain in the short term.  After meeting with Dr. Guichet he took us to see a few of his patients that had just completed surgery or were further along in the post-op recovery.  What I saw was nothing short of amazing.  I watched as patients that had just completed surgery were able to walk up and down stairs and just walk in general, I saw patients walking to stationary bikes and biking, and patients told me how some of them were able to get up from the operating table post-op, and walk to their room.  Reading about it was interesting and confidence building, but actually seeing it was an unbelievable experience.

Shortly thereafter I knew that Dr. Guichet wasn’t only the right choice, but the only choice for me.  We left Milan with the primary goal of getting ready for surgery.  Dr. Guichet has been readily available to answer any questions since we got back from Milan, which has made things that much easier.  I have been training to be in optimal condition for the surgery, and I went back to Milan just recently to meet once more with the doctor to monitor my progress, and to get everything in order for the surgery.  While there I had an opportunity to meet with new patients who have been walking and biking after surgery (which never ceases to amaze).  I have set up my surgery with Dr. Guichet for the beginning of July with a month of training in Milan in June.  I am excited and looking forward to doing the surgery with Dr. Guitchet.           

Quincy

swalsh, I'm doing the surgery with Guichet as well, around the exact same time, and am also in Florida.  I just sent you a PM.

goodlucktomylegs

Why both of you choose milan?
Why not london ?at least they speak enhlish not italian

Quincy

It's a bit less expensive in Milan, due to exchange rates for the Euro vs. the Pound, as well as the living cost (rent, etc.).  Plus I'd much rather spend 2-3 months in Milan than in London.

Anna21

• Visitor

Good for you swalsh :)
I'm personally planning to do LL with Guichet as well! Keep us updated on your journey! xx

abc123

• Visitor

hey - great reasons; i've been toying with the idea of the surgery, i definitely agree with your thought process - i think his  focus on maintaining activity during the lengthening process is really huge and a big  reason why he doesn't seem to have many complications. i feel like people talk a lot about athletic recovery on the forum and throw out different numbers in terms of max safe lengthening/% possible recovery ... did he say anything about his experience in that regard? thanks and it really does sound like a good plan!

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Update?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 11:25:19 PM »

I am excited and looking forward to doing the surgery with Dr. Guitchet.

Have you had the surgery? old forum members haven't been as happy with Dr. Guichet and his facilities.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

all the best and my best wishes for your journey into the hell.

Body Builder

Guichet is a joke. Anyone who does LL with him is simply insane and completely responsible of what will happen.

IwannaBeTaller

IMO, after the Unicorn story, Guichet should not be allowed to ever perform LL surgery again.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Johnson1111

Hello all, I am on this site, as I assume everyone else is, because I am interested in undergoing limb-lengthening surgery.  More specifically I am planning to undergo femoral lengthening.  I am writing this post to share with everyone who is interested what I have found through the research that I have done on the doctors.  Just to give you a bit of background on myself, I am 5 ft 7 inches, I live in Florida and have my whole life, and I graduated from college almost two years ago.

After my initial research in which I discovered all of the top doctors for leg lengthening, my choices were narrowed down to two: Dr. Jean-Marc Guichet (who does his work in Milan and London) and Dr. Paley (who does his work out of West Palm Beach).  Although Dr. Paley is located only 45 minutes away from me, after more extensive research on both doctors I decided that I wanted to meet with Dr. Guichet in Milan about a potential leg lengthening procedure.  The reasons I decided to have a consultation with Dr. Guichet were as follows: 1. Dr. Guichet invented both the Albizzia Nail and Guichet Nail 2. Dr. Guichet strongly believes in the patient doing pre-operative work that includes a lot of stretching, and strengthening the legs for the best outcome 3. Dr. Guichet strongly believes in safely lengthening the leg so that there are no complications later in life 4. And Dr. Guichet believes in having his patients be active after surgery by walking and doing biking on a stationary bike and keeping them active throughout the lengthening process.

Although I was already strongly leaning towards Dr. Guichet when my parents and I set up a consultation with Dr. Guichet, I was not going to make a decision until I had met with him, and I was absolutely sure that he was the right choice.  When I got to Milan I went through a series of tests that included; low radiation X-Rays to check my bones and make sure they were strong enough for a potential surgery, a psychological exam to make sure I was of sound mind, I met with the physical trainer who works with patients and had the flexibility of my legs checked, and my leg strength was tested at another facility.  After a very impressive display and thorough process of checking whether I was a right candidate for leg lengthening I met with Dr. Guichet himself.
It was the day I met with Dr. Guichet that I was 100% sure that he was the doctor I wanted doing my leg lengthening surgery.  When we met with Dr. Guichet he told my parents and I what we could expect from the surgery and how it would be post-op.  He told us about himself, how he went about the procedure, and how he believed that no patient was the same and that the gains the patient saw were dependent on how motivated they were in putting in the necessary work before and after the surgery, on whether they were willing to listen and do what Dr. Guichet told them to get the best outcome, and of course how their body responded to the lengthening process because under no circumstances would Dr. Guichet risk complications for the patient later in life just to get more gain in the short term.  After meeting with Dr. Guichet he took us to see a few of his patients that had just completed surgery or were further along in the post-op recovery.  What I saw was nothing short of amazing.  I watched as patients that had just completed surgery were able to walk up and down stairs and just walk in general, I saw patients walking to stationary bikes and biking, and patients told me how some of them were able to get up from the operating table post-op, and walk to their room.  Reading about it was interesting and confidence building, but actually seeing it was an unbelievable experience.

Shortly thereafter I knew that Dr. Guichet wasn’t only the right choice, but the only choice for me.  We left Milan with the primary goal of getting ready for surgery.  Dr. Guichet has been readily available to answer any questions since we got back from Milan, which has made things that much easier.  I have been training to be in optimal condition for the surgery, and I went back to Milan just recently to meet once more with the doctor to monitor my progress, and to get everything in order for the surgery.  While there I had an opportunity to meet with new patients who have been walking and biking after surgery (which never ceases to amaze).  I have set up my surgery with Dr. Guichet for the beginning of July with a month of training in Milan in June.  I am excited and looking forward to doing the surgery with Dr. Guitchet.         

Hi Dr. Guichet

myloginacc

Old thread, but yes, don't go to Guichet.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

QuinnHaverbrooke

• Redpills

Guichet is a joke. Anyone who does LL with him is simply insane and completely responsible of what will happen.

Why is that? What's wrong about him?
Current height: 170,4 cm
Dream height: 183 cm

4cms

Dont use guichet , for one he his nail has broken a former patients femur after being placed incorrectly. He then charged the patient for the complication which was his fault in the first place, i am talking $10,000 extra.
Number 2 about 5 years ago i was going to use him, i paid a deposit but when i chose another doctor after 1 week he did not want to return my deposit.
I paid $6700 australian dollars and only got back $2600.
This is a Doctor that will milk every cent that you have if somthing goes wrong. For eg a mistake that he caused he will charge you for the surgery and say somthing like its the anasthesia charge or somthing else.

MirinHeight

if you wanna end up crippled go to guichet
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

mrblack

thats the problem with cosmetic surgeries of any kind! its very difficult to get money back even when its doc's fault. normally you have to sign a contract where the surgeons absolve every responsibility.

Dauntless-LL

• Visitor

How many of his patients have ended up crippled?  I thought he was one of the better LL surgeons...

Bosnian2018

After what he did to UNICORN

enough said.

one post accounts deciding on a doctor.

I smell some conspiracy.

He made her lengthen multiple cm in a few hours while she was crying through the pain.

There should be a ban against Guichet on this  forum.

tombrada

Is there anyone on this forum who has used Dr Guichet or is thinking of using him? I'd love to speak to you!

myloginacc

Is there anyone on this forum who has used Dr Guichet or is thinking of using him? I'd love to speak to you!

LLSouthAmerica and YellowSpike.

I see you already found what he did to Unicorn.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

togetheragainstguichet

• Visitor

Please, if someone has had some bad experience with Dr. Guichet regarding the limb lengthening, do not hesitate to contact me, we have a lawsuit against him and his companies, but we need as much information as possible about how the surgery payments were made, how much he charge you for the surgery to which accounts he ask you to deposit money, also if you have any complications before, during or after the surgery. On what Hospital he hospital he made the procedure and the names of the people who work for him.

Do not worry if you sign any confidentiality agreement with him, all the information that you provide me will confidential at the beginning then presented in the court of London and Milan my lawyers will protect you and if the judges believe is necessary they can cancel any agreement of confidentiality that you have signed with Dr. Guichet. I ask you to not be afraid and send me the information by inbox. I will respond all of your questions and I hope to help you in case you had any complications with Dr. Guichet

Together we can.
Modify message
Pages: [1]   Go Up