Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Mahboubian (LA: NoHo) 2016  (Read 8793 times)

batmanLA

• Visitor
Dr Mahboubian (LA: NoHo) 2016
« on: May 12, 2016, 04:05:58 AM »

Had my consultation with Dr. Mahboubian this week. The dude is pretty chill. The office is calm and relaxed. They do a lot more than just LL procedures so nobody will know WHY you're in there -- in case that's a concern for you (it was for me).

So how did the consultation go? Pretty damn smooth for not knowing what would happen.

First they measure your height and weight and then make you sit and weight for Dr. M to come in. For me, it was close to half an hour or more.

The first question he asks is: WHY do you want to get LL? And then Is there anything you cannot do at your current height?.... I think it is to gauge whether or not you have visions of grandieur regarding this procedure... Like "if I get 3 more inches, I could become president". Heck. I don't know.

One of the things I was unsure about was how to "prepare" for max lengthening. I thought maybe I should make my muscles stronger. A lot of leg presses to build up my thigh muscles. And a lot of pushups for when I'm relying on a stroller. All of that is secondary to how well you can stretch. Being able to touch your toes was recommended, so I'm working on that.

Met with the xray team, the financial person they have, and the scheduling person they have. Flawless process.

The cost could be different for everybody but here's what I was quoted.

LL procedure Dr M fee: $30K
Hospital fee: $45-48K (they were confident insurance wouldn't cover much of this except maybe some meds)
Physical therapy 4x week: $15k (could be covered by insurance)
Removing nail 1-2 years later: $15k

As you can see, you're going to be all-in about $100K minus what your insurance pays out.

The DrM and hospital fees are due in full prior to surgery so you can save for the nail removal... about a K a month. Your insurance should cover physical therapy so that's a relief.

Am I going to have this procedure? Yup!

Will keep you all updated.

Peaceout

Re: Dr Mahboubian (LA: NoHo) 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 01:05:38 PM »

What is your starting height?What is your goal?Are you using precise or?
Good luck!

batmanLA

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »

Starting Height: 5'4.5" (164cm)
Goal Height: 5'7.5" (171.5cm)

Will be using the Precice. He had a model of what it looks like at the office. I'll post a picture of that here once I download it to my laptop. It is A LOT thicker than I expected and I suppose that's a good thing because it looks very durable.

Dr.M told me he hasn't ever had a nail go broken. He also says he does the IT band release for everybody now.

Cheez

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 08:02:15 PM »

The first question he asks is: WHY do you want to get LL? And then Is there anything you cannot do at your current height?....

So, what did you answer, if I may ask?

I wouldn't be sure what to answer in that situation.

batmanLA

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 04:53:39 AM »

I know right? Seems like such a simple question yet so tough at the same time.

To his first question about why I want LL, I just said I wanted to be a little taller.

But whether there was something I couldn't do at my current height, I said no. BUT I said that because I'm coming off a bad relationship and I'm OUT THERE that I'd like to be a little taller to have better odds with the ladies. He understood.

Though I didn't say this to him because I didn't have time to really process my thoughts... There's a lot I don't do now that I know I would if I was even just 3 inches taller. For one, I'd wear shorts more as I would no longer be shy about my short legs. I'd have more luck finding pants that fit. I wear a 32x30 but the 30 length is still too long. So the bagginess in my pants probably make me look even shorter than I am. Right now I'm at the same height as many girls but the extra 3 inches would make me clearly taller.

patientdad

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 10:27:33 PM »

My son's doctor.  He did a good job.

aspirant185

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 07:45:29 AM »

You could just say that you feel like you are the shortest everywhere you go, you are the shortest among your friends, and among your colleagues and that you just need some 3 inches more to fit in better so to say.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

batmanLA

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 07:01:13 AM »

How long ago was your son's surgery? ... and how many cms did he get? Has he already had the rod removed?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 07:06:22 PM »

Some people say bad things about this doctor. His ads aren't the best, but other doctors promote themselves much more aggresively. Mahboubian seems a good option for me.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Mivsta101

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 02:03:34 AM »

I feel for you man. I'm 19 at that height and im desperate to get to at least 5'7 naturally. What is the full price including everything for the procedure? in usa currency

patientdad

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 02:07:02 AM »

Over $100k

LLCaptain

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 10:36:51 AM »

My son's doctor.  He did a good job.

Hey patientdad, I've seen you post this exact same message all over the forum. Supposedly this doctor is an evil money making salesman.

How come you're still around? Are you dating the doctor?

Alu

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »

Hey patientdad, I've seen you post this exact same message all over the forum. Supposedly this doctor is an evil money making salesman.

How come you're still around? Are you dating the doctor?

You know there are good ways to ask qiestions, then there are a sh*t ways to ask a question. This is a sh*t way.

patientdad

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 06:06:10 AM »

Ha, LLCaptain, you are a douche bag. 

patientdad

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 06:15:07 AM »

LLCaptain, I read what you have posted......just kill yourself and get it over with.  Idiot.

LLCaptain

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 10:15:32 AM »

LLCaptain, I read what you have posted......just kill yourself and get it over with.  Idiot.

This patientdad guy is super suspicious, I've always thought that he was the patient himself and not the dad. Or maybe one of Dr. Mahboubian's staff.

Anyone who can afford Dr. M needs a big chunk of money and probably values their time a lot. Why would a rich grown man obsess over this forum when his "son" is done with LL?

Also for a dad, his response sure is immature.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 10:40:43 AM »

This patientdad guy is super suspicious, I've always thought that he was the patient himself and not the dad. Or maybe one of Dr. Mahboubian's staff.

Anyone who can afford Dr. M needs a big chunk of money and probably values their time a lot. Why would a rich grown man obsess over this forum when his "son" is done with LL?

Also for a dad, his response sure is immature.
That is a good point
But be polite is better for forum

Alu

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 04:42:14 PM »

Let's be polite guys. This isn't a battle ground. This maybe the start of someone's diary.

LLcaptain, trust me I've had conversations with patientDad. I fully trust his story and that his son is doing LL (or rather is now in the recovery process). Nothing that he really says tells me he's just a pawn of Mahboubian trying sell Mahboubian to others. His comments aren't really anything more than just, "yeah this doctor does a decent job." There's nothing sinester afoot, calm down.

patientdad

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 12:03:34 AM »

Ha, this is too funny.  I came to this forum to get info for my son and have hung around to offer advice.  That is it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up