Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surgery friday 8th july 2016  (Read 11288 times)

Takanori

• Visitor
Re: Surgery friday 8th july 2016
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 06:04:35 PM »

Hello friends from the forum,

Sorry again, i take time to update my diary but these last 3 weeks were intense and my mood fluctuated a lot.

So here is the CHAPTER 2: LIFE AFTER HOSPITAL

I was able to leave the hospital the 11th july at 2pm, Dr G gave me a contact for a helper and she came to pick me at the hospital, i am lucky to get such a thoughtful person. we took a cab and i was back to my appartment after 3 days of total nighmare! So happy;

So first thing for people who wants to do this surgery, you ABSOLUTLY need an helper! cause you are just like a worm, unable to do anything.
You need someone to clean your house, wash your clothes, to buy your food, your medications....Even if i anticipated and cooked 7h the day before surgery to put meals in bags to freeze so I was ok to eat for 2 weeks.

The physiotherapist of Dr G (Francesca) came to my appart to see if everything was ok

Takanori

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2016, 07:29:58 PM »

sorry...

So she came to see the facilities and she told me that i need to sleep my legs raised up, so she put some cushions under my mattress to elevate the bed. Guys I can tell you it is ABSOLUTLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP like that.

In fact it is just impossible to sleep, everybody in this forum already told you about that but trust me it's the worse part of LL!
I am almost 3 weeks after surgery now and I still have trouble to sleep even 2/3 hours in a row!!!

For you to understand, I go to bed at midnight and wake up at 2am/4am/6am because of that fking pain in my legs! it is difficult to explain that pain but it is like burning, cause all the muscles, nerves are stiff like rock! for me especially my facia-lata. So I do biking for 10/20 min and some stretching before back to bed.

Now I have to confess that I don't take any painkiller since the beginning cause i don't want to be addicted to that drug, except 1 day I was forced to take it and I will explain why after. The other patients told me that i am crazy or that i am superman lol

I started to go the gym the day after and I was so glad to see the other patients, it's maybe a little bit cheesy to say that but it's like a familly (I came alone in Milan and nobody knows) so it is essential for me to have human relationship and everybody are so interesting, smart and cheerful, I am lucky to be in that "promotion" ;-)

In the morning I also go to the Isokinetic, it's a place where you do the same exercices that in the gym but there is only couple patients and each one are on some sort of massage table. there is also a physio who take care of you and you can get a massage at the end (just magical...the best moment of the journey).

Now concerning the second worst part of that experience: THE CLICK :'( :'( :'( :'(

I must confess that this part has to be improve in the future cause there are many problems with patients and the mechanical manner to click your legs is really stressful and I must say a little bit archaic (to my opinion), to ear that horrible sound and fell like your leg "broke" everytime you do it, knowing that you have to do it 3 sessions per day during 2 months....it's hard, very very hard.

At the beginning (the first week) it was ok cause the legs were still "soft" but after with the stiffness of all the muscles, OMG it's hell!!!

Now I can explain my anecdote: last sunday I was unable to do my clicks, i took acrobatics positions and it was so painful. So I called Dr G and he told me it is because of calcification and I have to "break" it so he asked me to do 40 clicks that day!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes 4 sessions of 10 clicks  with some rest between the clicks and i can take aspirine, naproxene and homeprazol to relax myself.

Thanks DOC for that tips...

I succeeded to do the 3 first sessions but he took me maybe 10 hours and i wanted to quit LL cause you can't fighting against the click.And at the end of the last session after many hours of research to find a better way to click, I managed to find a new position with less less pain. IT WAS LIKE A MIRACLE! I almost cry cause I was so happy. BUT....40 clicks represent 3mm of lenghtening, it's huge! And that night was for sure the worst night of my entire life. It was so painful, I wanted to cut my legs lol. So for the first time i took a tramadol (the most powerful pain killer) and a sleeping pill. I can't say that it was very efficient but it helped me a lot.

Dr G always said to patients who got problems to click that it's bacause of calcification, but I really not sure that it's always true and some other patients got the same opinion, sometimes it is a problem a positioning. My X ray after 2 weeks didn't show a lot of calcium, just normal one so I am a liitle disturbed about that. But hey! I gained 3mm in one day and i am ahead of my schedule  ;) better to think like that.

And today i t was my first day with crutches, no more walker, except at home.

I am waiting my first month to tell you how much cm i gain  ;)
But i still fell like a dwarf even if the mother of a patient told me that it is incredible how i look already taller (best compliment ever)

Bye friends, thanks for your support and the 3rd chapter will come soon.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2016, 07:32:31 PM »

You didn't get any sleeping pills?

Anyway first month is always the worst one, keep tight over there.

CCMidwest

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2016, 07:38:05 PM »

3mms in a single day? Wtf?
5'7.5

Takanori

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 12:21:48 AM »

no sleeping pills but I will take when is too hard, for example now, i can't find a position to relax and try to sleep so i will try to lay down and see if i can sleep but seems hard.

And yes 3 mm a day...gomu gomu no!!!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2016, 12:25:02 AM »

It's 3 times past the maximum daily safe limit

You can easly damage your nervous system....

CCMidwest

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »

It's 3 times past the maximum daily safe limit

You can easly damage your nervous system....

I assume he also lengthened Takanori by about 10mm during the operation too, so that is a very large amount of lengthening in a very short time.

Maybe Takanori was at risk for pre-consolidation?

It would be nice to know the doctor's thinking on this, but in my mind this is a huge red flag for Dr. Guichet.

Of course, it is easy for us to sit on this forum and pass judgement with so little info, but it is very concerning.
5'7.5

Takanori

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2016, 04:32:58 PM »

You're right CCMidwest, during the surgery they did 150 clicks each leg.

I am not the Dr but concerning me, I am pretty sure it was not calcification but a problem due to the manner (position) to click.

CCMidwest

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2016, 05:20:13 PM »

You're right CCMidwest, during the surgery they did 150 clicks each leg.

I am not the Dr but concerning me, I am pretty sure it was not calcification but a problem due to the manner (position) to click.

Meaning you missed clicks and this 3mm in one day was solely to catch up? Seems risky brah.

Hope you are feeling better now though. Good diary, thanks for keeping us posted.
5'7.5

dream_catcher

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2016, 09:58:38 PM »

Meaning you missed clicks and this 3mm in one day was solely to catch up? Seems risky brah.

Hope you are feeling better now though. Good diary, thanks for keeping us posted.

Among Dr.G's patients, it's not uncommon to do a large number of clicks in a day. Another patient also had difficulty clicking and wasn't able to do any clicks by himself for two days, and Dr.G didn't hesitate to instruct him to make up all the missing ones, around 60 for each leg, in one day. Of course it's very very painful for the patient to do that :(

CCMidwest

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »

Among Dr.G's patients, it's not uncommon to do a large number of clicks in a day. Another patient also had difficulty clicking and wasn't able to do any clicks by himself for two days, and Dr.G didn't hesitate to instruct him to make up all the missing ones, around 60 for each leg, in one day. Of course it's very very painful for the patient to do that :(

That's brutal, wow.

Thanks for the info. Hope all is going well for you now dream_catcher
5'7.5

Auron

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2016, 11:07:15 PM »

At first, Guichet's decisions seem to be a bit mindless but they always end up being the correct ones. That's what I gathered so far from his patients.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2016, 11:16:22 PM »

I saw people that after 1mm of lengthening daily they had super sore legs so i don't even imagine 3 times more...

Good luck remember that most of the worst things are behing you already.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up