Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Some people die after LL surgery or become crippled  (Read 12448 times)

LLuser1

• Banned
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Some people die after LL surgery or become crippled
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 12:09:07 AM »

Allright?

I think it's something that everybody knows.

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 12:45:44 AM »

And will continue dying while wrong doctors operate on patients.
Budget will determine my future.

CCMidwest

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:59:12 AM »

First two links are about the same girl. Third link is not about LL at all.

Other than that, useful info...good job.
5'7.5

Penguinn

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 08:17:50 AM »

I doubt those doctors were even qualified for LL. Even Sarin isn't that bad.

CCMidwest

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 12:27:10 PM »

I doubt those doctors were even qualified for LL. Even Sarin isn't that bad.

And it sounds like the girl possibly died from not being prescribed a blood thinner. The guy that posted a thread about avoiding taking warfarin during CLL needs to take note...
5'7.5

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 02:01:28 PM »

And it sounds like the girl possibly died from not being prescribed a blood thinner. The guy that posted a thread about avoiding taking warfarin during CLL needs to take note...

blood thinner = heparine shots... Guess who forgets heparine shots. Surgeons who forget prescribing meds put their patients' lives into risk.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 02:02:36 PM »

Third link, I wanted to post a different link from that newspaper. I will check later

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 04:32:28 PM »

Some people in this forum are not aware of the negative consequences this surgery may have on them. They can loose their lives or their limbs unfortunately, especially if you go to unskilled doctors but this can happen everywhere.

CCMidwest

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 07:52:54 PM »

Some people in this forum are not aware of the negative consequences this surgery may have on them. They can loose their lives or their limbs unfortunately, especially if you go to unskilled doctors but this can happen everywhere.

I've never seen anything that suggests the risk of death is higher for LL versus any other major surgical procedure.

Hell, gall bladder removal surgery is one of the riskiest surgeries on the planet (in terms of death rates), and is still routinely performed.

.4% death rate (one death for every 250 surgeries):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8443723
5'7.5

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 07:56:26 PM »

What is up with your recent anti LL crusade?

CCMidwest

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 08:02:23 PM »

What is up with your recent anti LL crusade?

It's not recent. He made his first post slamming doctors (specifically Dr. Monegal) way back on December 7th, 2015. On a thread about Dr. Paley nonetheless.

Don't feed the troll.

With that said, this is actually a good post he did. People need to understand and see the negative side of LL.

I bet money this thread goes off the rails before it reaches page 2 though...
5'7.5

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 08:08:49 PM »

Before he sticked to Monegal only now he jumped on whole LL industry.

As long as i understand the need to show negative side of LL(which im highly for) but then the actual form of showing it is just... 2 links about the same person and the third one is just wtf.

CCMidwest

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 08:13:22 PM »

Before he sticked to Monegal only now he jumped on whole LL industry.

As long as i understand the need to show negative side of LL(which im highly for) but then the actual form of showing it is just... 2 links about the same person and the third one is just wtf.

There's only 1 example of a death from LL (the 2 links) because after lots of searching myself, that is the only example of an LL related death I can find. I assume the OP couldn't find any others either.

Which kinda proves how "deadly" LL can be, just not in the way OP was hoping for, lol.
5'7.5

Penguinn

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »

People die crossing the road too if they don't do it right. I haven't seen a single case where a patient lost their limb going to even a bad, somewhat well known doctor. Even the bad cases are walking. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ozymandias

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 09:01:27 PM »

It's quite obvious that OP started this thread with the solely purpose of including a veiled reference to his very beloved doctor, which he already did at post #7

Other than that, as it has already been said, LL is a quite common surgery. Cosmetic cases are still relatively scarce, but there are surgeries for kids with dwarfism, or people with shortened limbs after an accident, etc... Therefore, 1 or 2 deaths are statistically unavoidable. Hell, you can even google some cases of kids killed after routine dental procedures.

paddy10tellys

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 09:20:56 PM »

LLUser1 - what created the concern troll? What's your backstory, Cassandra?

PS (for the record) I'm conflicted++, worrying whether CLL is worth the risk/hassle at my height & stage of life ... but I just wondered, what happened to you?
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

LLCaptain

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 12:10:27 AM »

Such a dumb topic.. more Americans die from eating pizza than CLL.

He probably thinks he's doing us a favor by posting some crappy links, trying to scare you guys. At least there's beginning to be a larger backlash against his behavior in recent months.

Average2Tall

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 12:51:19 PM »

There are alot of negative outcomes which are not reported! Most people would rather keep it to themselves than to be ganged on with critics who have no idea of the misery they have to endure for the rest of their lives.

CCMidwest

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 03:49:57 PM »

Such a dumb topic.. more Americans die from eating pizza than CLL.

He probably thinks he's doing us a favor by posting some crappy links, trying to scare you guys. At least there's beginning to be a larger backlash against his behavior in recent months.

I think the only benefit to the community from his links is proving the point = don't go to an unqualified doc just because they are cheaper. Save the money and pick a good doc!

PS (for the record) I'm conflicted++, worrying whether CLL is worth the risk/hassle at my height & stage of life ...

I know those feelz...

Now that I've mostly gotten over the depression and height neurosis, I'm back to my old self, and I get plenty of attention from women...which is the only reason I considered LL in the first place. (seems most don't like to say they do this for women, but I'll be the first to admit that's really my only reason, despite warnings from members here whom I respect that have warned me against doing it for women)

Still, I have a consultation scheduled...
5'7.5

Penguinn

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2016, 04:21:13 PM »

Now that I've mostly gotten over the depression and height neurosis, I'm back to my old self, and I get plenty of attention from women...which is the only reason I considered LL in the first place. (seems most don't like to say they do this for women, but I'll be the first to admit that's really my only reason, despite warnings from members here whom I respect that have warned me against doing it for women)
Imo people actually *short*, 5'5 and below in the US or something like that do it for social standing in general. I don't like 13 year old boys having half a foot over me.

And aren't you married? Dog :P

Auron

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2016, 04:26:54 PM »

I think the only benefit to the community from his links is proving the point = don't go to an unqualified doc just because they are cheaper. Save the money and pick a good doc!

I know those feelz...

Still, I have a consultation scheduled...

which doc?  :P

CCMidwest

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2016, 04:27:33 PM »

Imo people actually *short*, 5'5 and below in the US or something like that do it for social standing in general. I don't like 13 year old boys having half a foot over me.

I agree with this, it just doesn't apply to me beings that I am just under 5'8

And aren't you married? Dog :P

Haha, yeah...

which doc?  :P

With the current atmosphere in this forum, I'd rather not say.
5'7.5

Auron

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2016, 04:32:28 PM »

I agree with this, it just doesn't apply to me beings that I am just under 5'8

Haha, yeah...

PM me, I think we are considering the same doctor xD

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2016, 05:01:43 PM »

Monegal confirmed.

CCMidwest

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2016, 05:43:53 PM »

Monegal confirmed.

No, what I mean is that someone from this forum took the time and effort to ID me and sent both me and my wife Facebook messages this weekend.

So my time here is limited.
5'7.5

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2016, 05:57:52 PM »

Crappy links? Only instances of LL deaths?? Not at all! Those are recent examples but there are many old ones too!

CCMidwest

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2016, 07:29:34 PM »

No, what I mean is that someone from this forum took the time and effort to ID me and sent both me and my wife Facebook messages this weekend.

So my time here is limited.

yourspaceboyfriend,

I'm at my 3 PM limit for the forum, this is what was said:

I got a message from some guy in Turkey that said, "ur ccmidwest from the forum?"

The message to my wife was, "do you no [my real name]?"

I ignored both messages, and will continue to ignore any messages from him in the future.

Edit: I got a friend request from some hot chick in Turkey at almost the same time. I assume it was related. Wife was NOT happy, lol.
5'7.5

TIBIKE200

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »

Yes. Crappy links. One death from a non lo surgery, another one about a guy who is angry that ll hurts and that's it. Ohh yeah... Beside that you spam about cooper and friends or about two betz patients. We got it. So instead of spamming useless data, commenting on threads from 2014/2015 either post some useful/new data or just go to a shrink to cure your out of control psychosis
I learned some stuff during this time

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 11:06:59 PM »

Yes. Crappy links. One death from a non lo surgery, another one about a guy who is angry that ll hurts and that's it. Ohh yeah... Beside that you spam about cooper and friends or about two betz patients. We got it. So instead of spamming useless data, commenting on threads from 2014/2015 either post some useful/new data or just go to a shrink to cure your out of control psychosis

Tibike are you really a future doctor? You don't seem intelligent and it's you the mental case not me with that relative account and your changes of mind. You aren't coherent.

Why do you say the link about the girl is not about LL surgery? She had to lengthen one of her legs, shortened in a previous accident. It's LL surgery. Perhaps not cosmetic but LL surgery...

And let me tell you something. You should read posts by Metanoia. Cosmetic cases become medical cases very often because limbs get fractured or misaligned or whatever and you can die or get crippled as a consequence of it.

You start as a cosmetic patient but then you become a medical case. It can be a very slow death, taking years and several surgeries.

In some cases you die straight after first CLL procedure.

I will post more links about LL complications and deaths.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up