Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here are my current photos, want to get 7-8 cm, femur or tibia?  (Read 6500 times)

maximuskoncept

• Visitor

Currently 173CM, 140 LB, 27 years old.
My inseams are 78 cm, 45% of my overall height.
Really short arms, 170cm wingspan.

Looking to go to 180-181cm, i.e. 7-8 cm.
I'd like to go with Guichet or Paley, saving up money to do this in a year or two. yolo

Should I try to get all 7-8cm on internal femur? assuming that it is doable, would it be too out of proportion?

Also would my arms be tooooo short? 180cm height 170cm wingspan

http://imgur.com/XfRXPKC
http://imgur.com/gn0hRgv
Thanks!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Here are my current photos, want to get 7-8 cm, femur or tibia?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 12:28:29 AM »

Imho 8cm could be troublesome since you have quite long legs(at least they look long on the pictures or mb i have weird perspective since i have 42% ratio lol).

Make some mockups and see if you will be satisfied.
Here is a good tutorial: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=89.0

Btw out of pure curiosity what's your sitting height?

Antonio

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 08:29:40 AM »

7-8 cm is too long for you as you already have quite long legs for your torso and arms. I'd stick to max 4 cm on femurs

ub40

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 09:23:24 AM »

7-8 cm is too long for you as you already have quite long legs for your torso and arms. I'd stick to max 4 cm on femurs

Yeah, I agree. You might get away with 5cm on your femurs. Don't touch your tibias. they look pretty close to the same length as your femurs already
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Penguinn

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 10:37:35 AM »

I also think you should do 2 inches.
You won't look like a T-Rex with 3, it's very hard to look like a T-Rex or a significantly disproportionate person and I think people exaggerate proportions here a bit...but 2 inches if you want to look very normal and do LL.
You should also definitely do femurs, and on femurs you have to do internals. So the question is, is that much money, time and pain worth getting from 5'8-5'10?

onemorefoot

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 02:48:42 PM »

had you tibia lengthening?
Budget will determine my future.

maximuskoncept

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 04:13:24 PM »

So this is the weird thing, I went back and measured my sitting height, which was 93 cm, doesn't this mean I actually have really short legs?

So I did some research on ideal leg length/body proportions etc, and it turns out that in the ideal person, your height should be 1.618 times longer than the distance from your navel to your feet. (golden ratio)

According to this ratio the distance from my navel to feet should be 107cm, but mine were only 100cm. 7cm too short.

I think it could be a problem with the camera? (iphone 6plus), I tried a variety of different angles but the legs do appear long. Maybe its an illusion?

I guess the only way to figure this out is to actually measure my femur/tibia right? Can I do this without a X-ray?

thanks again for all the warmhearted and thoughtful replies guys

onemorefoot

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 04:26:00 PM »

I am 176 cm and my navel height is 101-102, and my sitting height is almost 92 cm, so navel height is a weird thing.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 05:10:45 PM »

So this is the weird thing, I went back and measured my sitting height, which was 93 cm, doesn't this mean I actually have really short legs?

Hmm im 166cm and i have around 91cm sitting height.

Seriously make a best quality photo you can and make mockups.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 06:44:33 AM »

get 5 to 1m78. decent average height. No worry about complications either.

maximuskoncept

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 02:08:53 PM »

but if i go with a good doctor and use a good procedure like precice 2, 7-8 cm is doable right?

Auron

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 02:25:44 PM »

but if i go with a good doctor and use a good procedure like precice 2, 7-8 cm is doable right?
You should set your initial goal to 5~6cms and, once you reach that goal, decide from then whether your body condition and proportions allow you to go further.

maximuskoncept

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 03:21:28 PM »

gotcha, also from what i've read it also depends on a lot on how flexible and how much muscles you have on your legs right? i guess i should start working on these two things to maximize my chances?

thanks! :)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 03:27:05 PM »

Going more than 6cm with one segment increase risks of damaging your soft tissue and becoming crippled drastically.

I don't even talk about recovery.

Moubgf

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 04:05:14 PM »

Going more than 6cm with one segment increase risks of damaging your soft tissue and becoming crippled drastically.

I don't even talk about recovery.

Not one case have become crippled with an experienced doctor (internal method). 7 Cm is where you get your moneys worth.

onemorefoot

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 05:51:41 PM »

I think 6.5 should be fine.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 06:02:42 PM »

Not one case have become crippled with an experienced doctor (internal method).

Theoretically Sarin is an "experienced" doctor besides even Paley had few bad cases.

7 Cm is where you get your moneys worth.

Money is worth it if you are satisfied with the results.

Deads

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 07:06:26 PM »

Currently 173CM, 140 LB, 27 years old.
My inseams are 78 cm, 45% of my overall height.
Really short arms, 170cm wingspan.

Looking to go to 180-181cm, i.e. 7-8 cm.
I'd like to go with Guichet or Paley, saving up money to do this in a year or two. yolo

Should I try to get all 7-8cm on internal femur? assuming that it is doable, would it be too out of proportion?

Also would my arms be tooooo short? 180cm height 170cm wingspan

http://imgur.com/XfRXPKC
http://imgur.com/gn0hRgv
Thanks!

Dont worry about proportions. You'd look fine. If 7-8cm is what you want then go for it. I think 6.5 is a sensible goal for recovery and money's worth. Do what makes you happy though. Everyone's physiology is different. Some people can handle larger amounts and others can't. Sensible suggestion made by someone else that you should get to 5cm and then take it one day at a time from there. Definitely reccomend being flexible and strong before this surgery.

Don't get hung up on proportions.. Unless you're lengthening over 10cm (and no, I'm not referring to your wingspan I'm referring to total height gained) then everyone looks acceptable.. No one in the real world is analysing how tall you are when you sit. If you're fat you have a taller sitting height because of all the padding.. No one analyses the difference in sitting height with overweight people. They don't even think about it.. Because we're out here in the real world with more concerning things to pre-occupy our minds with.. And wingspans aren't an issue if you stick with 3 inches. Anyone can lengthen 3 inches and look normal (yes your femur will be longer than usual, but you can't change that if you want to get your money's worth). Just save the money for the doctor you want, and take it one day at a time once you get the surgery. If you want 7cm then make that your end goal and don't look back.... Don't sit on this forum analysing things that aren't a big deal. Take action, spend your time saving and actually take steps to making your dream become a reality. Focus on being the best you in the mean time.. Obviously use the tools this forum has to make yourself as knowledgable as possible, just don't waste all your time analysing things that don't matter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up