Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 48 y.o. male, 173.5cm+9cm=182.5cm Doc.Barinov Volgograd.  (Read 5167 times)

Mark

• Visitor
48 y.o. male, 173.5cm+9cm=182.5cm Doc.Barinov Volgograd.
« on: September 28, 2016, 05:28:00 PM »

Hello to all lengtheners,

I'm an italian guy doing full external with the Ilizarov apparatus. I've almost reached my goal, I'm and I will remain at 9 (I wanted 10). I had to stop because of bone cutting.
It's the 11th month that I'm here and I'm now dealing with the axis correction, on both legs, they were in a pretty bad condition: verticality was just a vague memory for my legs!
So far it's been a very demanding experience with an inflamed disk herniation l5-s1 and arthrosis on both knees which I didn't know of until I got here. Everything is possible with discipline and effort. I would like to encourage all the older ones and all the people that have injuries or issues that make the lengthening a bit more complicated...

ciao

Peaceout

Re: 48 y.o. male, 173.5cm+9cm=182.5cm Doc.Barinov Volgograd.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 06:49:12 PM »

Im assuming you did tibias?Dont you think that is a bit too much for 1 segment?What did your doctor said? and lastly what do you think about your proportions now?Will you share a proportion pic?

Mark

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 07:18:22 PM »

...Doctor stopped me because of the bone cutting and infection. My proportion are great as I have long femors so my legs are perfect now.

(It doesn't load the pic!, I'll try again tomorrow)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 07:19:31 PM »

Use imgur.com

Morissette

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 06:48:29 AM »

Wow good for you good luck in your recovery!

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 08:42:08 AM »

Enjoy your new height i dont know how you got 9cms on tibias you must have extremely supple tendons and muscle tissue

Mark

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 11:27:32 AM »

...thanks Morisette, but I have to correct my axes and other issues. Still a long way to go

Mark

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 11:32:57 AM »

Hi Bigpo,
Over here 9cm is relatively normal!
In any case I'm quite flexible so I didn't really have big issues like ballerina...
I thing the biggest problem has been the strength of the soft tissues which pulled to the level of causing instability of the apparaturs...

TIBIKE200

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 11:50:40 AM »

Sei il tipo italiano che ha scritto anche nell'altro forum? Come mai che hai scelto la russia e non da Catagni o Pilli? Questione di soldi?
I learned some stuff during this time

Mark

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 12:02:48 PM »

Sapevo che il dott. Catagni operava solo in caso di nanismo; del dott.Pili non sapevo nulla, leggo che è un medico molto attento e preparato.
Considera che avevo raccolto informazioni circa 5 anni fa e all'epoca ero indirizzato all' internal femor. In tempi più recenti ho deciso per la Russia perche' è qui che l'apparato è stato concepito e quindi i dottori hanno una consolidata esperienza.

P.s.per rispetto verso gli altri membri, ogni altro mio messaggio sarà in inglese. Ti chiedo di fare lo stesso

TIBIKE200

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 12:05:03 PM »

Salve che il dott. Catagni operava solo in caso di nanismo; del dott.Pili non sapevo nulla, leggo che è un medico molto attento e preparato.
Considera che avevo raccolto informazioni circa 5 anni fa e all'epoca ero indirizzato all' internal femor. In tempi più recenti ho deciso per la Russia perche' è qui che l'apparato è stato concepito e quindi i dottori hanno una consolidata esperienza.

Non e vero che Catagni fa solo nanismo. Infatti io dovevo essere operato da lui a maggio (ma sono successe alcune cose e ho dovuto cancellare). Poi non sono un nano... Sono 172 quindi magari era informazione sbagliata o all'epoca era meno disposto boh...
  Communque, come mai che non volevi piu fare il femore? Raggioni estetiche?

It's not true that Catagni only operates on acondroplastics. I was supposed to do the procedure in May with him (but had to cancel due to a few things). Besides I am no midget... I am 172 so maybe it was misinformation or in that time he was less likely to do cosmetic LL boh...
  Also, how come you decided against internal femurs? Aesthetics?
I learned some stuff during this time

Mark

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »

Obviously  had wrong information about Italian doctors

Mark

• Visitor
Pages: [1]   Go Up