Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Experience with Dr. Jamal Nemer, Ukraine at the Medical Centre Bonamed  (Read 3079 times)

aeo9898

• Visitor

Dear friends.
I am writing this from perspective of a patient undergoing LL for the last 6-7 years. My schedule overspan the LL of femurs & lower shins (tibias+fibulas) over 2 stages. For the first 1.5-2 years I underwent femur LL. I came to Ukraine with my parents to visit Dr. Jamal & Dr. Dragan. My parents was not totally committed to my decision citing this lengthy time commitment will hinder my enrollment at the university. I was graduating from high school at that time. So we postponed the surgery from the initial contact. I underwent higher education for one year, then made schedule to go back to Ukraine for LL. After the prerequisite xray & health examination, I was proceeded to have femur LL one surgery at a time, two surgeries in one week. The first surgery was the painful. the 2nd one was not so much. After surgery, Dr. Jamal helped me over to the rented apt for recuperation & clicking /lengthening of the femur. By that time my parents had already went home. I stayed in the apt quite comfortably. There was a very pretty female translator helping me with grocery shopping, Internet registration, etc. and even cooking for the first week. Then there was this very dedicated nurse and/or caregiver coming over to do laundry, cooking, house-up keeping. I recommend to any friends going away for this kind of surgery please bring: power convertor, Wi-Fi router, gaming consoles, favorite books but maybe in pdf electronic forms so it is easy on the weight. Staying 3 months in Ukraine was necessary until the removal surgery of the clickers which was done in the span of 1 surgery. Wow, and I thought that was painless, and how in one felt swoop I had become taller by 9 cm. I dislike my femur being so longer disproportionally to my lower shins. But my determination was that I will have tibias lengthening eventually.
I will update on my stories.
Long stories made short, I had my tibias lengthened by 6-7cm as well. I actually do the clicking not in Ukraine but after I had come back to Canada. Doing it by myself days after days.
I will be coming back to Ukraine this month for removal of intramedullary rods in tibias. I will be doing a vlog & upload to youtube if people are interested.
Dr. Jamal is very attentive to my needs. He is more than a friend, and older & wise brother, but he is also a father figure to me. He changed my life. I hope to be of good standing (puns intended) after all this is over. I enjoyed my new height. Oh, and tibia lengthening surgery seems somehow so much pain-free as compared to femurs lengthening. My parents was attending pacu by my side post femur surgeries. For the tibias surgeries, I came to Ukraine by myself. Dr. Jamal picked me up at the airport. He made all paper registration and worried free as possible. He is more attentive to me than any doctors could ever be. Like I said, he is like your dearest caregiver & more than just a friend. He is optimistic & very joyful in person.
ps. will post more.
you can email me directly please post your questions here!

on a scale of 5
Experience of doctors:   *****   5/5
Investment cost:           *****  5/5
Time saving:                 *****  5/5
How friendly are the Dr. ***** 5/5
 No questions is a naïve questions, Dr. Jamal look after you very well. When I was bored, he took me & another patient out for excursion. Thumbs up.
Weather:                      ***    3/5
Kiev, Ukraine in the winter can be cold. I was committed. I am still amazed all that time I spent in Kiev in a private apt., recuperating & clicking days after days. During that time, I was able to read a lot of books. If I was to reschedule my time in Kiev, I would surely bring my gf/fiancé along this time.
Facility:                        **    2.5//5
The hospital during the winter has its wear & tear. But that is no matter. As you registered for LL by Dr. Jamal you are admitted to a special facility within the hospital. This facility is modern, fresh, and enjoyable to stay with very friendly staff & lovely nurses. This place is in stark contrast to the solace of the foyer & corridors of the main hospital. This is OK in my book. You understand your investment goes to where it matter the most. You & your surgery.
Nice scenery, beautiful architects. But better to stay closed to the doctors when you are out & about.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 02:24:27 PM by aeo9898 »

TIBIKE200

What was the total lengthening and how tall are you now?
I learned some stuff during this time

aeo9898

• Visitor

YourSpaceBoyfriend

So, you lengthen your femurs by 9cm and now you want to lengthen your tibias by 7cm?

Good luck and everything but you want to do 16cm in total? Just ehh...

Peaceout

So, you lengthen your femurs by 9cm and now you want to lengthen your tibias by 7cm?

Good luck and everything but you want to do 16cm in total? Just ehh...
I think he alredy did that.

Thanks alot for this great post.I would love to watch your videos.
Can i ask your old height and current height?
How do you feel now?
Pages: [1]   Go Up