Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legs are 60% of height, should I get LL?  (Read 3597 times)

aplane

• Visitor
Legs are 60% of height, should I get LL?
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:13:18 PM »

My inseam is 31 inches, length to my hip is 41 inches, length to my shoulder is 59 inches, and my height is 69 inches. The space between my last rib bone and hip is only about 1 inch. I'm 29 and male.

I should be genetically tall because my father is 6'4", but my teenage years were pretty rough. I used to be very fat, and now I'm skinny-fat. I want to be taller in whatever way I can, but I fear that my torso is too short to get limb lengthening. What do you guys think? How do I gain in my torso?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:58:59 PM by aplane »

TIBIKE200

Re: Legs are 60% of height, should I get LL?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:30:18 PM »

Do yoga and pilates... Seems more likely you lose height because of bad posture... Or maybe your ethnicity is black? Blacks have lower torso/limbs ratio
I learned some stuff during this time

aplane

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:57:31 PM »

Do yoga and pilates... Seems more likely you lose height because of bad posture... Or maybe your ethnicity is black? Blacks have lower torso/limbs ratio

I'm white, French/Irish ethnicity and those aren't the tallest people out there. I'll try yoga and pilates, thanks for the suggestion. Can fusion of the lower spine be reversed with exercise?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 10:22:32 PM »

Height is purely genetic(unless you had hormonal problems or specific syndromes).

You can't look only on your father height, you need to consider your mom and both grandparents.

What's your sitting height btw?

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 01:48:20 AM »

Exactly, what is your sitting height?
Budget will determine my future.

Peaceout

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 02:14:18 PM »

You can do small amounts if you really want(4-5 cm maybe?),it cant effect proportions alot.
Just out of curiosity,how tall is your mother and siblings if you have?

aplane

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 09:20:05 PM »

Sitting straight with my butt on a flat surface, my sitting height is a little over 37" (10" in hip bone). I did have HGH deficiency as a kid, my head length is 7" and my middle finger isn't even 3" long. My parents were heavy smokers and I had a lot of breathing problems growing up. We were always poor so I never got to learn much, eat much, or sleep properly. I haven't grown since I was 13.

No brothers or sisters. My mom is 5'3" and my dad is 6'4". He only wears a 32" in leg, so his sitting height is 44". I have 3 uncles and 4 cousins who are 6'5", only my mother and her mother are short in the whole extended family.

I've been trying yoga, it's hard but I'm getting more flexible. My goal is to be close to 6' and maybe (just maybe) look like an adult, so I'm saving all of my money for either LL surgery or to buy some hormones. Would hormones like HGH or testosterone help me now? Would I be able to grow denser or longer bones (ones without growth plates)?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 09:42:35 PM »

No, HGH won't help you if your growth plates are closed. To be honest even if you had growth hormone deficiency there is no real guarantee that you will grow at all.
Trust me, i have hormonal problems myself and unfortunely you can't do much over the age of 15.

And ye, i haven't grow when i was 12 years old. You were still pretty lucky, you didn't end up being 5'5 like me.

But you could still just get the short gene since you are in normal range of height, it's hard to say since nobody did anything with your hormones as a kid.

And btw, what do you mean by looking like an adult?

apoxyomenos

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 10:33:54 PM »

Hi aplane,
You wrote that you're legs are 60% of your height, have you measured your skelic index? In Anthropology the skelic index is generally indicated as the ratio between torso (head included) and the legs length. If you get a value <51 you're DOLICHOSKELIC or MACROSKELIC (long legged); between 51,1 and 53 MESOSKELIC; >53 BRACHYSKELIC (short legs). The ideal for LL is to be brachyskelic. In general the MACROSKELIC type, such as the nilotic population, is associated also with a high crural index, an ape index (wingspan/height) >1, and an high brachial index.
It's all relative...

The Kaiser

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 11:31:52 PM »

Sitting straight with my butt on a flat surface, my sitting height is a little over 37" (10" in hip bone). I did have HGH deficiency as a kid, my head length is 7" and my middle finger isn't even 3" long. My parents were heavy smokers and I had a lot of breathing problems growing up. We were always poor so I never got to learn much, eat much, or sleep properly. I haven't grown since I was 13.

No brothers or sisters. My mom is 5'3" and my dad is 6'4". He only wears a 32" in leg, so his sitting height is 44". I have 3 uncles and 4 cousins who are 6'5", only my mother and her mother are short in the whole extended family.

I've been trying yoga, it's hard but I'm getting more flexible. My goal is to be close to 6' and maybe (just maybe) look like an adult, so I'm saving all of my money for either LL surgery or to buy some hormones. Would hormones like HGH or testosterone help me now? Would I be able to grow denser or longer bones (ones without growth plates)?

How old are you and whats your height?
Pages: [1]   Go Up