Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Dinh Van Thuy (Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam)  (Read 15730 times)

Asiann123

Dr Dinh Van Thuy (Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam)
« on: October 16, 2016, 06:17:39 AM »

Dr Dinh Van Thuy
Located: Ho Chi Minh city, VietNam
Experience: over 350 case of legs lengthening
Complication rate: 5%
Complication include:
Infection, non-union, nerves and blood vessel damage, premature consolidation.
Major perform: Tibial lengthening. (Also do femur if patients require)
Maximum amount to lengthen: 7cm on tibial and 5cm on femur
Rate for lengthening: 0.75mm/day

Price for Illazavor lengthening: 5000USD
Price for L.O.N: 5500USD
The price including all medication fee for legs lengthening (not include complication)

For the staying: 5000 USD for 4 months with a company specialize in taking care for international patient
They will help you with the visa
A private room (double size bed, air condition, wifi, tivi with private bath room inside)
House keeper
Nurse
Physician
Driver
Food
An assistant to help you with your request or your need when you staying with them

They also will lend you walker, crutches, wheelchair so you don't have to buy anything. I'm staying with them so i know, i'll take you pic of the room. Very nice room and friendly people.

4 months time package is enough because by that time you will be done with the lengthening process, only left with healing process.

For L.O.N, after 4 months he will take out your frames

For Ilazarov, after 4 months  you can come back to your country with frame on and wait for the bone to heal then take out the frames at your country (if you want) because any doctor can take it out without surgery or you can come back to VietNam so that he will take the frames out for you with no extra cost.

If you want to expand your stay with the compamy for longer than 4 months, they will charge: 650USD/month (try to negotiate with them don't be shy, if you stay more they will give discount)

Contact them via this email: limblengthconsultant@yahoo.com

I'm one of Dr Thuy patients, I put his information here upon many request, he doesn't know about this forum.
You can read my legs lengthening diary via this link

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3681.0

sashawiak

Re: Dr Dinh Van Thuy (Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 02:36:32 AM »

That price is crazy low. I hope he's a good doctor, for the price I wouldn't even mind flying over there tomorrow and checking the place out. (not like going straight into surgery) Especially WITH accommodations? If I had him and my LL went as well as yours did, Vietnam is about to be my favorite country

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 02:45:03 AM »

How many moths should I use frames for 5 cm??
Budget will determine my future.

Bander72

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 01:28:52 PM »

That price is crazy low. I hope he's a good doctor, for the price I wouldn't even mind flying over there tomorrow and checking the place out. (not like going straight into surgery) Especially WITH accommodations? If I had him and my LL went as well as yours did, Vietnam is about to be my favorite country

Yes please go investigate, he could be a great option for those on a budget.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

TnaTna

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 11:37:42 PM »

This doctor is the second cheapest after Solomin, he is to be investigated for the sake of the poor guys of this forum (like me).

Jack1066

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »

Got a response to an email:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi,

My name is Thao and I am doctor's assistant. I will represent my doctor to answer your questions.

1. We are no longer offer traditional illizavor. However, we will still consider perform it if the patient request due to the fear of permanent knees pain. (100% patients report no permanent knees pain after recovery)

2. For traditional illizavor or Lengthening over nail, the maximum limit for femur is 6cm. We cannot let the patient lengthening over the safe limit because serious complications may occur.

3.  If you want to do more than 6 cm lengthening, may I suggest L.O.N tibial lengthening? With Tibial lengthening, we can help the patient to lengthening up to 10cm. (However, the safe limit is 7 -> 8cm)

4. We increased the price this year. The new price also include all form of complications. So if complications appear, the patient will not pay anything out of pocket.

The price for L.O.N are:
8 -> 10cm tibial lengthening: 12.600 USD
6cm tibial or femur lengthening: 12.000 USD.

We use Sign Nail from USA with the weight bearing ability up to 200kg per limb.

The price is the whole package for international patients. The price include:

Surgeries (3 operations)
Complications (All form)
Under doctors's care 24/24
Nails
Frames
X-rays
Medicine
Support tools
Physical therapist (everyday)
Private hospital room ( with private toilet, A/C, fast connected WIFI, cable television)
Personal helper 24/7.
Room cleaner (everyday)
Translator
Food (3 meals/day)
Bandage changing (once every 3 -> 5 days)
Visa

We will take care for you from the day you come in till the day you can walk without support back to your country.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you again.

Best Regards,

Thao.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall, seems pretty damn good! In fact, so good I'm half worried it's a scam...  ???

What do you reckon? Could a good practice offer such a cheap price and good service (not in your dreams, but in real life)?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 03:23:41 PM »

Got a response to an email:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi,

My name is Thao and I am doctor's assistant. I will represent my doctor to answer your questions.

1. We are no longer offer traditional illizavor. However, we will still consider perform it if the patient request due to the fear of permanent knees pain. (100% patients report no permanent knees pain after recovery)

2. For traditional illizavor or Lengthening over nail, the maximum limit for femur is 6cm. We cannot let the patient lengthening over the safe limit because serious complications may occur.

3.  If you want to do more than 6 cm lengthening, may I suggest L.O.N tibial lengthening? With Tibial lengthening, we can help the patient to lengthening up to 10cm. (However, the safe limit is 7 -> 8cm)

4. We increased the price this year. The new price also include all form of complications. So if complications appear, the patient will not pay anything out of pocket.

The price for L.O.N are:
8 -> 10cm tibial lengthening: 12.600 USD
6cm tibial or femur lengthening: 12.000 USD.

We use Sign Nail from USA with the weight bearing ability up to 200kg per limb.

The price is the whole package for international patients. The price include:

Surgeries (3 operations)
Complications (All form)
Under doctors's care 24/24
Nails
Frames
X-rays
Medicine
Support tools
Physical therapist (everyday)
Private hospital room ( with private toilet, A/C, fast connected WIFI, cable television)
Personal helper 24/7.
Room cleaner (everyday)
Translator
Food (3 meals/day)
Bandage changing (once every 3 -> 5 days)
Visa

We will take care for you from the day you come in till the day you can walk without support back to your country.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you again.

Best Regards,

Thao.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall, seems pretty damn good! In fact, so good I'm half worried it's a scam...  ???

What do you reckon? Could a good practice offer such a cheap price and good service (not in your dreams, but in real life)?

I wouldn't trust any doctor from a third world country
I learned some stuff during this time

6FeetSoon

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 03:25:15 PM »

Ok so after i finished laughing. I settled down and thought about it.

"We use Sign Nail from USA with the weight bearing ability up to 200kg per limb."

So what they're saying is they use an american nail that none of the elite american doctors use and it can support a person who weighs over 850 pounds (400+ kg)
(I love when in an effort to look legitimate, people always reference the american origins of something to make their pitch)

Not to mention, if you go to the SIGN page, they specifically talk about focusing on developing countries. I would question the quality of such a nail.
https://signfracturecare.org/

Oh yeah and all surgeries, X-rays, medicine, complications, 3 meals a day, private room, personal helper, visa, and on and on... all for under 13k USD? Ok back to laughing now.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 03:27:36 PM »

Ok so after i finished laughing. I settled down and thought about it.

"We use Sign Nail from USA with the weight bearing ability up to 200kg per limb."

So what they're saying is they use an american nail that none of the elite american doctors use and it can support a person who weighs over 850 pounds (400+ kg)
(I love when in an effort to look legitimate, people always reference the american origins of something to make their pitch)

Not to mention, if you go to the SIGN page, they specifically talk about focusing on developing countries. I would question the quality of such a nail.
https://signfracturecare.org/

Oh yeah and all surgeries, X-rays, medicine, complications, 3 meals a day, private room, personal helper, visa, and on and on... all for under 13k USD? Ok back to laughing now.

About the price, it's actually logical considering it's vietnam

6FeetSoon

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 03:33:20 PM »

About the price, it's actually logical considering it's vietnam

Lol sure it can be "logical", but as long as we're clear that you're gonna get what you pay for, which is 3rd world care in a 3rd world facility with a decent chance that they royally fck you up. No good doctor says 7cm-8cm on tibias is "safe" or even suggests letting patients go to 10cm.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 03:38:16 PM »

Lol sure it can be "logical", but as long as we're clear that you're gonna get what you pay for, which is 3rd world care in a 3rd world facility with a decent chance that they royally fck you up. No good doctor says 7cm-8cm on tibias is "safe" or even suggests letting patients go to 10cm.

I agree about what you say. As I said above, "don't trust third world docs". But about the price, third world countries are super cheap. I actually find his price to be somewhat expensive for a country such as vietnam which really costs nothing

Jack1066

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 05:32:42 PM »

You're right about the higher tibial than femoral lengthening (that seems weird). Plus the nail, I don't want to be operated on with a nail charities probably use for kids with polio in south Asia or something.

Yeah 200 KG seems quite a heavy weight lol. How much do they normally go up to? I heard PRECICE supports 150 lbs or something.

Still... all inclusive... Asiann123's diary looked pretty good as well, but as he's the only diary I've found and it hasn't been corroborated I've taken it with a heavy pinch of salt (no offence asiann, it's just you really can't tell with these things, if someone is shilling or something similar).

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 07:33:29 PM »

You're right about the higher tibial than femoral lengthening (that seems weird). Plus the nail, I don't want to be operated on with a nail charities probably use for kids with polio in south Asia or something.

Yeah 200 KG seems quite a heavy weight lol. How much do they normally go up to? I heard PRECICE supports 150 lbs or something.

Still... all inclusive... Asiann123's diary looked pretty good as well, but as he's the only diary I've found and it hasn't been corroborated I've taken it with a heavy pinch of salt (no offence asiann, it's just you really can't tell with these things, if someone is shilling or something similar).

Tolly's diary at the ISIC was also good. Look how that ended up with chris...

When will you guys get it that you should stay clear from third world countries?

Jack1066

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 07:37:23 PM »

We can dream...

asfastaslight

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 06:57:58 PM »

I might do 3-5cm there..

Versatile

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 06:53:00 AM »

I'm looking at doing it next year. Anyone want to have a go at this first and update us? I don't want to be operated in the back alley of some slum, haha

Android

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 05:11:28 PM »

Supposedly Dr. Thuy has retired, in his place is Dr. Luong. Copying from this thread:

dean9191: Dr. Thuy is retired now theres another doctor. Ill copy a message i received from a prospective LLer who visited the hospital.

"I did contact and visit the hospital. Actually, they are kind of an institute belong to a state hospital, that why the cost quite good. However, if compared with other hospital, the price is a bit expensive.
I also choose them to lengthen my leg. Tibias by LON, at least 7cm without Achilles tendon relieve. I discussed with them about make a contract because I don't want to make ATR but also I need at least 7cm. So I talk with doctor and very happy that he said it is possible as long as I can practice everyday during lengthen process. They introduce me with 1 guy (Vietnamese) who make 8,2cm without ATR there. He is very nice, open and we keep contact till now. Oh Jesus, I am so crazy with this thought I am going to higher 7cm. However, I canot do it right now. I am pregnant and need to wait an other 2 years to do LL.   
There are some patients come from different country, include Europe. So you will have some one to talk to. Living in Vietnamese community, life seem boring and very long cus you feel quite lonely .  Doctor cannot speak in English and you need to talk to doctor assistant. By the way, there is a Thailand guy who mess up with tibias LL in Thailand so that he has to come this hospital to correct it ( I am not sure what wrong happen in Thailand, I did not have time to talk with him and he cannot speak E well). Finally he got 8cm lengthen and he will take off the frame in the end of Sep.   

Do it. LL worth to conquer. ""Dr Luong is well known in Hanoi among LLer and he had deal with hundred case of LLer so far. His price is supper cheap (3000usd for 1 operation and 10-15 days in hospital with food + 2000 usd for 2nd operation to remove the frame after 3-5 month + 800 usd for pre-heath check and medicine ect ) excluded complication if it happens. So if everything going well (80% of his case) patient need to pay about 5800 usd in total. The living cost in Hanoi about 500 usd per month (for 3 month lengthening). if you know a bit Vietnamese or know some one can help you with translation then it will be good option also. I can share his private number if you want

In STO Phương Dông in HCM city ( I uses Vietnamese in case you want to search their address in the internet) the price is 15000Usd. The different thing is: 3 months living (house, food, helper, internet, traveling from house to hospital, TP doctor....) are included. Visa application support and fee and pick up from airport for foreigner if needed.  And the most important is any kind of complication fee if needed. They said, they provide you surplus 24 hour-care for everything to make sure very rare possibility of complication. They have some staff who can speak E to help you communicate with doctor.

Comeback to your country will be after operation 3,5-4months I think. I consult with patient here and most of them can not start to walk before 3,5 months even with support of crutches, . Don't believe them if they say 3 months. the guy i told you, he start to walk after 4 month with crutches and 5 months without crutches. he can walk quite good now though awkwardly after almost 6 months. He share with me alot of his walking video, as well as picture.  But i can not pass it to you with out his permission.

if you go for LL anywhere even not in Vietnam, please keep contact with me and share your experience. I will be valuable information for me because any way i need to wait almost 2 year from now to do LL
Good luck.     

I think for foreigner, STO is better option if you decide to go for VN. "
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Asiann123

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 12:58:22 PM »

Hello, I'm back. Sorry doctor Thuy asked me to take these information down because doctor Thuy has retired so these information become non-valuable and can possibly cause mis-information in the long term. He had a lot of patients contact him because of this information so please if anyone know admin please tell him to take this post down.
I will update doctor Quynh information because he is now incharge and perform the surgery for patients in Vietnam on another theard. He took over since the beginning of 2017.

Muller25

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 09:52:55 PM »

So is the price still the same or has it gone up?

Astronomy

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 05:28:35 PM »

No.The price goes up by $200-500 every year.

Astronomy

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 07:44:39 AM »

Many people i know of turned to him for surgery.I think he is not bad.

wsx

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2019, 04:07:36 PM »

Hi does anyone have an email address to Dr Luong or Dr Quynh? Also what are their current prices. Which one of them would you recommend to foreign patient? I will add that I want to do fully external (classic Ilizarov) on my Tibias, 4cm.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2019, 01:05:43 AM »

What I liked about this doctor is he is not promising too much lengthening. I talked with some doctors from thirds world countries and some promised me 12cm in femur and 10cm in tibia, which is obviously not reasonable. Only the amount of lengthening per se makes me to discard a doctor.
Go for it

meichanseikei

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2019, 01:10:38 AM »

maybe this site is
http://www.limblengtheningvietnam.com/
but it is written by chinease

ketchum

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2019, 07:17:38 AM »

Hi does anyone have an email address to Dr Luong or Dr Quynh? Also what are their current prices. Which one of them would you recommend to foreign patient? I will add that I want to do fully external (classic Ilizarov) on my Tibias, 4cm.
Dr Quynh would be better if you're not good at Vietnamese and need someone to help you during lengthening. He has assistants who speak English and Chinese. But AFAIK he doesn't perform classic Ilizarov for CLL. Only LON.

Beemer m3

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2020, 07:05:05 AM »

I need to see this doctor how can I reach him?
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

dunghuynh2227

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 02:45:20 PM »

I need to see this doctor how can I reach him?
i know him
Pages: [1]   Go Up