Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving beyond  (Read 4884 times)

Franz

• Verified LL Doctor
Moving beyond
« on: March 06, 2014, 07:38:06 PM »

Hi guys,

I really do not want to get involved in the politics of patient-based online fora, but I would like to make two respectful suggestions:

- move on beyond your origins and stop posting things that refer back to the other site or the people involved there. It will make this forum the strong, independent entity it should be. All the constant bickering and criticism scares people off and chases them away.

- try to be civil in your interaction with one another. The goal of this site is primarily information and support for one another. This is currently difficult to find amongst the sarcasm, swearwords and mud slinging.

Please don't take me the wrong way. If you feel different, please ignore my suggestions.

mediocre

Re: Moving beyond
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 11:40:52 PM »

While I agree on both counts, I think it would be a little tough not to talk about the other site because the existential status of this forum was born out of the debauchery and lack of respect of that site's owner to its members.

Maybe little by little, we would be able to detach this site from the other.

And a suggestion: We can put up one thread or section dedicated solely for members who want to post critical to the other site and its owner, so the rest of the sections and the discussions of this forum won't be contaminated and will be more focused to intelligent discussion on LL.

Hi guys,

I really do not want to get involved in the politics of patient-based online fora, but I would like to make two respectful suggestions:

- move on beyond your origins and stop posting things that refer back to the other site or the people involved there. It will make this forum the strong, independent entity it should be. All the constant bickering and criticism scares people off and chases them away.

- try to be civil in your interaction with one another. The goal of this site is primarily information and support for one another. This is currently difficult to find amongst the sarcasm, swearwords and mud slinging.

Please don't take me the wrong way. If you feel different, please ignore my suggestions.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:00:43 AM by mediocre »

Blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 01:08:23 AM »

I think this site is much more positive than the others but I agree there is a lot of focus on the other site.  However there should be some mention of the other site as a warning to prospective patients.  A lot of people trusted that information on the other site and got hurt.  If I was ready to do LL last summer I probably would have gone to India because I trusted that site and the information provided.

The other site has a scam section where members discuss different scams relating to height.  Maybe we should have one here so members can be educated about old forum  and other scams.

handy

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:08:23 AM »

The other site has a scam section where members discuss different scams relating to height.  Maybe we should have one here so members can be educated about old forum  and other scams.

This is a great idea Blackhawk! Put all the old forum , Sysop/Apotheosis and Crazy+6/Phantom threads in one section so when people come to this forum they can see all the scams and shady dealings by those frauds and con artists over there on old forum  in one section of this forum. It's educational for the newcomers and helps keep this forum clean. Forum moderators please put this suggestion into practice right away as this forum continues to add new people all the time who will benefit from this information.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 02:26:42 AM »

^ I second this!

Rivers

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 04:20:34 PM »

A section just for old forum  scams and lies makes so much sense! It wouldn't crowd up the rest of this forum with similar topics, it would prevent people from starting new topics that have already been discussed over and over and it would really help educate people before they listen to that garbage website and ruin their lives. A brilliant move for this forum!

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 06:45:44 PM »

yes, OP is right.

LL Forum is now more active than old forum .
But as long as you guys are obsessed with exposing apo/sysop, crazy etc. you will always remain in the shadow of old forum .

If you really want to take the decisive step and surpass old forum , now its the time. The step is to ignore them untill they die of lack of activity.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Carter

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 08:11:17 PM »

Support this.

Muse

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »

Thanks to all who have suggested and feedback their thoughts.  We are looking into it.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 04:47:56 AM »

It would be a great pleasure to me if more people were funnelled to this site rather than old forum , which is actively promoted to bolster its presence on search queries and through online advertisements. It would be great if we could inspire some sort of viral campaign to inform people of this site when their interests lean in favour of leg lengthening and they search for information on it. I know there was a Reddit post some time ago, but it didn't cause much noise. As it stands, it seems for everyone who finds this site, 5 seem to wander over to old forum . At least now, it doesn't take even the least astute of person very long to realize something has gone amiss over at old forum  with the way things are handled on the site.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve
Pages: [1]   Go Up