Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: My journey to become taller with Indian Spinal Injuries Centre  (Read 42777 times)

Penguinn

Re: My journey to become taller with Indian Spinal Injuries Centre
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2017, 05:55:07 PM »

Man, this is terrible. What did Dr. Deepak have to say about this?

Good luck and stay strong. It will be worth it in the end.

Chris

« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2017, 06:23:28 PM »

did you have only early consolidation on one leg then?

Yes, only in my left leg.
My right leg is totally fine (apart from the mysterious cracks and pain) and my left leg is f*cked up and has probably every complication known to mankind.

Man, this is terrible. What did Dr. Deepak have to say about this?

Good luck and stay strong. It will be worth it in the end.

Thanks, and I haven't contacted him yet. I wanted to but there was a lot to work out first.
But I think now I have a list: 
  • twisted tibia leading to foot pointing inwards
  • 3cm of fibula cut out; still no callus as of now
  • fibula in left leg has misalignment (in both legs no screws used)
  • poor osteotomy in left leg
  • very early and inevitable consolidation because of the poor osteotomy
  • bending in the monorail, because of unknowingly lengthening to 1,7cm while having consolidation at just 7mm
  • 1.5cm discrepancy in leg length (and slowly getting more)
  • because of the pin bending the angle of the monorail has changed and now I will have to turn more mm for less mm of lengthening
  • too short monorail, only allows lengthening to 4cm instead of 4,5cm; maybe confused left and right leg
  • the compression-distraction units from Pitkar have 40mm written on it but can only be distracted to max 35mm
  • 10mm of the rail wasted because of the consolidation and bending
  • max. 25mm possible now (only left leg)
  • Pitkar can't be bought where I live

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2017, 06:31:10 PM »

Yes, only in my left leg.
My right leg is totally fine (apart from the mysterious cracks and pain) and my left leg is f*cked up and has probably every complication known to mankind.

Thanks, and I haven't contacted him yet. I wanted to but there was a lot to work out first.
  • bending in the monorail, because of unknowingly lengthening to 1,7cm while having consolidation at just 7mm
  • because of the pin bending the angle of the monorail has changed and now I will have to turn more mm for less mm of lengthening
  • too short monorail, only allows lengthening to 4cm instead of 4,5cm; maybe confused left and right leg
  • the compression-distraction units from Pitkar have 40mm written on it but can only be distracted to max 35mm
  • 10mm of the rail wasted because of the bending
  • max. 25mm possible now

I don't even know what to say Chris. The countless mistakes and error made from the beginning alongside the astounding incompetence of those at ISIC in the way they have treated you actually disgusts me, it's gone from bad to worse as I have been following this diary and ended up at this point. They are dealing with peoples lives and in the process ruining them, ISIC should be permanently shut down and never allowed to operate again or at the very least convinces those here not to make the same mistake. It further convinces me that undergoing this very serious and dangerous procedure anywhere other than a developed Western country is playing with fire, there are a few good results but the vast majority have been riddled with complications and there is little recourse for recompense if something does go wrong. I'm so sorry you have had to go through this and I hope you somehow resolve all of these issues, you are a very strong person.

Please keep us updated, best of luck and try to remain positive, your complications can and will be solved in the end.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »

Isn't the "don't go to India" message that is being told for years not being clear enough?
I learned some stuff during this time

yyes

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2017, 07:00:21 PM »

Isn't the "don't go to India" message that is being told for years not being clear enough?

It's more you get what you pay for.

Parihar has a good reputation

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2017, 07:26:28 PM »

Where should you go to then if you don't have a hundred thousands dollars/Euros? Stay short forever?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2017, 07:31:52 PM »

I think whoever posted this hospital information is partially responsible for your problems. You're owed an explanation.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

Chris

« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2017, 07:32:48 PM »

So I only got one good leg because I paid half the price?  ;D

Fact is that someone did a good job for little money and someone did a bad job.
Hence it is possible to have good results at the ISIC, but you will never know who is operating on you while you're on the table because "Deepak" is a team.

Well, now I can spend the other half on fixing.
But I highly doubt that I will have spent as much on becoming taller as when I would have gone to an expensive doctor.
I'm a real LL-patient.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2017, 07:41:39 PM »

Where should you go to then if you don't have a hundred thousands dollars/Euros? Stay short forever?

Italy? South Africa?

Chris

« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2017, 07:45:43 PM »

Italy? South Africa?
This should still be 50.000EUR price-range.
I'm a real LL-patient.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2017, 07:47:49 PM »

Italy should be 30k EUR max and you can also go back home

TrueSpartan

« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »

I think whoever posted this hospital information is partially responsible for your problems. You're owed an explanation.

I called that guy out multiple times on his diary because his diary didn't add up.

Chris,

If you are looking for a cheap alternative that could fix your legs, look towards Russia. However, that bone gap u have, if it turns out to be a non union, then don't bother going there. There are plenty of diaries on old forum  in Russia, give them a read.

Good luck,

TS

egocentrical

« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2017, 07:56:50 PM »

So I only got one good leg because I paid half the price?  ;D

Fact is that someone did a good job for little money and someone did a bad job.
Hence it is possible to have good results at the ISIC, but you will never know who is operating on you while you're on the table because "Deepak" is a team.

Well, now I can spend the other half on fixing.
But I highly doubt that I will have spent as much on becoming taller as when I would have gone to an expensive doctor.

Do you think someone would be able to request only Deepak to operate? and convey this as evidence as to why? .. longshot but shrug

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2017, 08:14:42 PM »

I called that guy out multiple times on his diary because his diary didn't add up.

Well at the very least his moderator privilege should be revoked since he posted a bad hospital and someone ran into complications because of it.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2017, 08:20:52 PM »

Well at the very least his moderator privilege should be revoked since he posted a bad hospital and someone ran into complications because of it.

I don't think you can blame someone for simply providing the information of somewhere offering limb lengthening. They could no way predict that this would be the result. The 'Limb lengthening doctors' section isn't to provide 'good' hospitals which is completely subjective, but to provide their information for prospective patients to be aware of. Also, the author of the diary that TrueSpartan is talking about isn't the same person as the moderator who posted ISIC's information, the moderator neither underwent limb lengthening with nor ever expressly recommend ISIC at any point.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2017, 08:24:59 PM »

The moderator guy did it with another doc (Parihar) not this Deepak guy

Big Daddy

« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2017, 08:30:07 PM »

I don't think you can blame someone for simply providing the information of somewhere offering limb lengthening. They could no way predict that this would be the result.

Was first thread but I found another one where dirt cheap clinics were posted and he was already called out on it.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=305.0

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=253.0

Even if he didn't outright recommend, these clinics would be unheard of if he didn't post them and people who ran into terrible complications like Chris would have gone elsewhere, so there is a degree of responsibility for Chris's outcome as well as anyone else who went to a doctor he posted and got messed up.

« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2017, 08:36:29 PM »

Chris is an adult and made the decision to go there on his own, he is his own person and bears the responsibility for any and all of his actions including choosing ISIC for the procedure. All the other user did was post the information of the place, he didn't make anybody do anything and bears absolutely no responsibility for Chris' result as it was up to Chris to research and decide on whether to go through with the procedure and where, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous and a poor attempt at shifting blame where there is none. I'm sure Chris doesn't blame the user for simply posting its information.

The section itself even has a stickied thread which states;

The Directory of Limb Lengthening Doctors serves as a informational database of all Limb Lengthening Doctors available around the world.  The directory is intended for informational purposes only.

In plain English, this section is not a recommendation or non-recommendation of any Doctors.

How that information is used by somebody is their decision and responsibility.

crimsontide

« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2017, 09:50:59 PM »

My advice seems to be ignored.

I've been saying the following for years now

DO NOT GO TO INDIA. The hospitals there are third world. Forget  comparing them to America or Europe.  India is well below Russia and Turkey

« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2017, 04:20:18 PM »

My advice seems to be ignored.

I've been saying the following for years now

DO NOT GO TO INDIA. The hospitals there are third world. Forget  comparing them to America or Europe.  India is well below Russia and Turkey

I completely agree, it isn't a coincidence that all of these complications appear to occur from cheap lengthening in hospitals in these countries by doctors who in my opinion should not be doing so. I don't know how people can knowingly take such a gamble that has the very real possibility of becoming disabled for the rest of their lives for height gain - yes, the other hospitals are more expensive, but for a reason and offer a much higher chance of a satisfactory recovery, doing it on the cheap is never worth the risk with your health when there are much better options even at a higher price point.

Penguinn

« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2017, 08:32:51 PM »

Was first thread but I found another one where dirt cheap clinics were posted and he was already called out on it.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=305.0

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=253.0

Even if he didn't outright recommend, these clinics would be unheard of if he didn't post them and people who ran into terrible complications like Chris would have gone elsewhere, so there is a degree of responsibility for Chris's outcome as well as anyone else who went to a doctor he posted and got messed up.

That doesn't make him responsible. It's clearly stated(on every doctor's information page, linking to here: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=55.0) that the post's purpose is to provide information and how someone uses that information is upto them. Every patient's responsibility is to thoroughly research the surgeon's history. The old forum used to recommend "good" doctors and censor "bad" doctors and it turned into a monopoly.

• 1.5cm discrepancy in leg length (and slowly getting more)
  • 10mm of the rail wasted because of the consolidation and bending
  • max. 25mm possible now (only left leg)
That was hard to read. I really hope these get fixed. My best wishes are with you.

Bander72

« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2017, 05:58:50 AM »

Parihar has a good reputation

I think your right. I hope it is not the same with mitchov internals.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2017, 12:19:31 AM »

Damn, this is super hard to hear bro. Have u contacted deepak about this?

Chris

« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2017, 08:57:10 PM »

Damn, this is super hard to hear bro. Have u contacted deepak about this?

Maybe I will once my left leg has been fixed, but their opinion is not important to me anymore.

Update

I'll have a surgery on Wednesday at a German hospital to fix my left leg. It will be expensive, but my parents will take care of the bills.
My mother has been crying since she had learned about me having leg discrepancy and a messed up foot angle.
And my father has taken charge of me and my fate.
I had to promise to never ever set a foot in a foreign hospital again, or my father will personally come to break my legs :-X 
I'm an adult and this has been my "big-boy lesson". If I ever do something stupid like this again, I'll be on my own.
And to make it even worse: I had to agree to have my right tibia nail locked during this surgery as well, because my father wants me to end this "madness".
This is not appealable :'( :'( :'(
I'm turning like crazy now and hope to reach >2.5cm by that time.
Life is unfair and then you die. And this is also cruel, but I still I love my parents.

I'm NOT blaming anyone for anything on this forum.
The only people to blame are the idiot(s) who messed up my left leg and Dr. Deepak for not checking his assistant doctor's work.
And regarding cheap doctors: I'm not gonna say "stay away from India or any other development country".
I'll rather say: Only go to known doctors with good reputation. The price has nothing to do with it.
And to lengthen at home has been a good decisions so far.

I will keep this thread updated, because I still have to lengthen my left leg.
I'm going to post pictures of my scares too now and then so you can see their progress.
I think they heal quite well. Too bad one of my scars will be cut open again on Wednesday...

I'm a real LL-patient.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2017, 12:16:30 AM »

So sorry to all what happened to you there...you really don't deserve it. If you ask me, Deepak and his team should be taken to court for this madness. Yes, you agreed to doing this potentiall dangerous surgery, but all the things they made wrong are simply unacceptable from a medical standpoint.

Do you have any idea what you are gonna do about all your lengthening goals? I can imagine that's the least of your worries now.

%BXpY2rYwZ$rkiE$Fz6nh#oQY6yY#7J

• Visitor
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2017, 01:46:03 AM »

I wish you a good recovery.
What is your nationality? Just wondering why you have to pay for the German treatment, but maybe you are a non-european citizen?

doomsday

« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2017, 03:05:33 AM »

Maybe I will once my left leg has been fixed, but their opinion is not important to me anymore.

Update

I'll have a surgery on Wednesday at a German hospital to fix my left leg. It will be expensive, but my parents will take care of the bills.
My mother has been crying since she had learned about me having leg discrepancy and a messed up foot angle.
And my father has taken charge of me and my fate.
I had to promise to never ever set a foot in a foreign hospital again, or my father will personally come to break my legs :-X 
I'm an adult and this has been my "big-boy lesson". If I ever do something stupid like this again, I'll be on my own.
And to make it even worse: I had to agree to have my right tibia nail locked during this surgery as well, because my father wants me to end this "madness".
This is not appealable :'( :'( :'(
I'm turning like crazy now and hope to reach >2.5cm by that time.
Life is unfair and then you die. And this is also cruel, but I still I love my parents.

I'm NOT blaming anyone for anything on this forum.
The only people to blame are the idiot(s) who messed up my left leg and Dr. Deepak for not checking his assistant doctor's work.
And regarding cheap doctors: I'm not gonna say "stay away from India or any other development country".
I'll rather say: Only go to known doctors with good reputation. The price has nothing to do with it.
And to lengthen at home has been a good decisions so far.

I will keep this thread updated, because I still have to lengthen my left leg.
I'm going to post pictures of my scares too now and then so you can see their progress.
I think they heal quite well. Too bad one of my scars will be cut open again on Wednesday...

Ehh man I feel sorry for you. I was in  similar situation but I didnt tell my parents and stayed with my   doc till the end then docs in the UK fixed the alignment so im the consolidation phase with by happy 170cm. 

Depending on your height and how comfortable you feel you can always got to Russia and for 20K euro you can do LON and achive around 5-6cm.
For now just fully recover and give you parents some peace of mind. I bet they are terrified.

Bander72

« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2017, 03:41:33 AM »

I think  they should know so they wont say you mentioned nothing to do them about your prooblem. At the very least they see how incompetent they were. And does put a end to your height goals or will you just wait and save to go to a western doctor.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2017, 12:53:11 PM »

Chris, any update about your situation? How are you these days?

Chris

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2017, 09:50:56 PM »

Hey guys,

sorry for not updating, but I'm not in the mood for writing a lot about LL right now.

I had my surgery on Wednesday.
As my father insisted, the right tibia nail got locked.
I could only make it to 2,3cm, the rest became bending.
My left leg got re-cut again, but it didn't help. Lengthening is still not possible.
My German doctor now thinks that also the bone canal is too tight for the tibia to glide over the nail. Absolutely everything done to this leg by Dr. Deepak is messed up. EVERYTHING!
Well, money wasted.

Now I'm left with two choices:
1) Have the nail hammered out again and try lengthening with this shady monorail fixator. This will most likely cause misalignment and I will have to live with the fixator on.
2) Have the nail locked and live with ~1 inch leg discrepancy for one year. Then have both nails taken out and the left tibia broken for the third (!) time. Maybe in Russia or in Serbia.

I think, I will opt for 2), because now there are several bone fragments in my leg and half of my tibia is split. My doctor said it would finally need to heal. And I don't trust the alignment of the fixator.

I'm starting to wish I was dead again, because I doubt I will have enough money for both fixing my left tibia and doing femurs at the same time next year :'(

I'm a real LL-patient.

jojo

« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2017, 10:02:12 PM »

this sounds so crappy mate . wish you all the best best
man i wished you would have saved more money and taken a better doc.
when its not a cosmetic case any longer but like a ''problem'' dosent your cuntry support to fix it maybe ? 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up