Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Late growth spurt vs late bloomer  (Read 7369 times)

onemorefoot

Late growth spurt vs late bloomer
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:49:18 AM »

I have been thinking some things and I cant understand. If you see some athletes like Michael Jordan, Dennis and other, why did the have such a big growth spurt if they werent late bloomers??? Dennis grew a foot!!! At the age of 20 years, I dont get it. They were almost fully developed, then why??? This can be a contradiction of the actual knowledege of human body we know until know. Someone please kill my false hopes.
Budget will determine my future.

Alu

Re: Late growth spurt vs late bloomer
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 01:07:36 AM »

Cause genetics are stupid. No other reason. We don't know if they were "fully developed." They just turned out to not have had their plates closed and so BLAM!

Also per the title, they are interchangeable really. However, there are some people who don't reach their final adult height way after their 21st birthday, and Late Bloomer is typically the term used here. 

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 01:50:51 AM »

Genetics is silly, imagine growing a foot in one year :P, better we stay short.

The Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 04:26:56 AM »

Genetics is silly, imagine growing a foot in one year :P, better we stay short.

No one said its impossible, but once its happen everyone talk about it because its really rare. Like growing at 25 its rare and one study said its 1 out of 300 (but its possible right?), and don't think you will be that lucky  ;D 

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 05:44:11 AM »

Dont be that sure, Kaiser, :P :P. Yes you are right if I get an inch more I will call it a day.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 09:53:04 AM »

Crazy theory but I think as soon as NBA players get a contract they run a vicious cycle of drugs to get them to their final heights. You can see it a lot in their foreheads. Lebron developed a bit of an HGH forehead I think (or someone else, can't remember but I did see a massive difference).

Even 1 inch in pro sports can make a massive difference to your performance and your team. Other atheletes do much more in other sports.

It's happened too many times. What kind of coincidence is it that a lot of NBA players have a growth spurt after turning 18? someone should run a stat model and see if there is any significance vs growth spurts in generally tall people (or people who developed at similar growth rates / heights).

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 10:04:30 PM »

Crazy theory but I think as soon as NBA players get a contract they run a vicious cycle of drugs to get them to their final heights. You can see it a lot in their foreheads. Lebron developed a bit of an HGH forehead I think (or someone else, can't remember but I did see a massive difference).

Even 1 inch in pro sports can make a massive difference to your performance and your team, especially in basketball. Other sport athletes risk much more for much less.

It's happened too many times. What kind of coincidence is it that a lot of NBA players have a growth spurt after turning 18? someone should run a stat model and see if there is any significance vs growth spurts in generally tall people (or people who developed at similar growth rates / heights).

onemorefoot

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 10:48:12 PM »

This topic is sad, because the trash reality for most of us, is that after 16 most of the people only get an inch or nothing. Even if one day science discovers a new way to increase size, it will be just very expensive and in normal people dreams. I dont think NBA playes reached such heights at late ages because of HGH, was luck(not even  near genetics), and that is the problem.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 11:55:09 PM »

I'm not sure which player it was (a star during the 70s), but I remember reading an article that mentioned him being 5'9 after graduating from high school before going on to college and hitting 6'4.

onemorefoot

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 12:19:00 AM »

My doubt is: if they had full beard how the reach such heights, is a contradiction.

garfild

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 01:15:39 PM »

Because Estrogen closes growth plates not testosterone, testosterone helps growth thats why men are taller
Late bloomer: less testosterone than average or more estrogen(rarely)
Late growth spurt: less estrogen

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 02:06:03 PM »

Because Estrogen closes growth plates not testosterone, testosterone helps growth thats why men are taller
Late bloomer: less testosterone than average or more estrogen(rarely)
Late growth spurt: less estrogen

Testosterone does accelerate growth plate closure.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

garfild

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 04:49:06 PM »

But not as much as estrogen

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 04:54:44 PM »

My friend(back in school years) was the same height as me(around 5'5) and had voice mutation etc, looked like he probably won't grow(he still was 5'5 around 17-18yo).

I recently met him and now he is around 5'8-5'9, it was quite a shocker tbh since his parents are shorter than mine.

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 04:38:01 PM »

I dont think NBa players take HGH  because if that was the case they'd all look like Antonio Silva. ugly and with acromegaly lol

YungGud

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 12:20:37 AM »

I dont think NBa players take HGH  because if that was the case they'd all look like Antonio Silva. ugly and with acromegaly lol
If you take hgh in one course,that  doesn't mean u will look like silva or so ,in his case it's sick
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

abo

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 01:43:20 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Rainer

Adam Rainer (1899 – 4 March 1950) is the only person in recorded history to have been both a dwarf and a giant.[1] He is believed to have suffered from acromegaly.[2]

Rainer was born in Graz, Austria-Hungary.[3] In 1917, at age 18, he was measured at 122.55 cm (4 ft 0.25 in). A typical defining characteristic of dwarfism is an adult height below 147 cm (4 ft 10 in). Then, likely as a result of a pituitary tumor, he had a dramatic growth spurt so that by 1931 at the age of 32 he had reached a height of 218 cm (7 ft 2 in).[4] As a result of his gigantism he became bedridden for the rest of his life.[3] When he died in 1950 (age 51) he had reached a height of 234 cm (7 ft 8 in).[5] His feet measured 33.3 cm (13.1 inches)[citation needed]. His hands measured 24.8 cm (9.8 inches).

This guy sure had some late growth spurt ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up