Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Mitkovic 2018  (Read 20411 times)

Re: Dr. Mitkovic 2018
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 01:50:54 PM »

oh then that makes sense

Jack1066

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 02:13:12 PM »

He does do internal femurs, in my understanding, he just prefers not to do internals in general because of the increased risk of complications.

I'm trying to find out if he charges the same for internals as externals. I want internal femurs, myself.

Jack1066

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 02:16:54 PM »

Oh, my bad, internal is 16000 euros. Hmm...

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2017, 02:38:07 PM »

He will offer internal for 16000 euros, do you know if he plans to continue in the field or what will happen in some years?

One or both legs? And is it nail price only or surgery included?

If it's for the surgery and nail than it's dirt cheap.

Col92

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2017, 02:59:17 PM »

What type of nail does he use for internals?

onemorefoot

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 03:35:48 PM »

I think cost includes nails and surgery.
Budget will determine my future.

Chris

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »

In the Dr Milorad Mitkovic (Niš Serbia) thread, Alittletooshort said:

The price is 16k for the device, the operation and 6 days in the hospital. He replied to my questions yesterday. It'll take at least a year before they come out though.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:03:11 PM by Chris »
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

onemorefoot

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »

If the nails are good and that cheap, it would be a miracle.

Chris

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 07:42:11 PM »

If the nails are good and that cheap, it would be a miracle.

Absolutely.
Since I've only enough time left to lengthen one segment now, I'll consider Dr. Mitkovic and his new internal nails for femur in March 2018.
I'm sure I'll be able to rise the additional money during this year.
Hopefully, this really affordable price won't go up too much because of all the hype and demand.
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Greatana

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2017, 12:03:58 AM »

Hi, first post on this forum. So say you are already there? How do I get in contact with doctor? Heard he's not very good at replying to emails.  Is he taking in any new patients at the moment? I would like to go around mid febraury, if not definitely summer 2018.  I've gotten into contact with Doctor Parihars assistant but I was thinking of going to Serbia instead. Any way I can reach you faster? Any reply is appreciated, thanks.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2017, 01:19:54 AM »

Hi, first post on this forum. So say you are already there? How do I get in contact with doctor? Heard he's not very good at replying to emails.  Is he taking in any new patients at the moment? I would like to go around mid febraury, if not definitely summer 2018.  I've gotten into contact with Doctor Parihars assistant but I was thinking of going to Serbia instead. Any way I can reach you faster? Any reply is appreciated, thanks.

Give him a couple days, so far he has replied to all my emails.
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Greatana

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2017, 01:38:26 AM »

Do you guys know if he's taking in any patients at the moment? I would like to go early- mid February. Also the internal nail, is he offering it in 2018? How long is lengthening average with internal? Thanks for any response and thank you guys, this forum as helped a lot with my height dysphoria. 

onemorefoot

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2017, 02:49:23 AM »

He will retire at least in 8 years, so yes he is taking patients. Has someone ask him about the internal nails, how it will function?

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 03:50:43 AM »

Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Bander72

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2017, 10:46:52 AM »

Very interesting information.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

doomsday

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2017, 04:26:59 PM »

I would love to see some diaries with Dr Mitkovic internal device of femurs. Are they even weight-bearing ? I dont want to spam Drs mailbox with questions since im planing to recover from my tibia operation first.

Bander72

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2017, 07:53:41 AM »

I would love to see some diaries with Dr Mitkovic internal device of femurs. Are they even weight-bearing ? I dont want to spam Drs mailbox with questions since im planing to recover from my tibia operation first.

No has done them yet.

ub40

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »

No has done them yet.

I'll post one when I leave here. So will Conan
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

doomsday

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2017, 12:24:53 PM »

I'll post one when I leave here. So will Conan
Yeah but are you guys doing internal or externals?

%BXpY2rYwZ$rkiE$Fz6nh#oQY6yY#7J

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2017, 10:10:38 PM »

I am the member who would like to do the internals at Mitkovic.
First of all, to my understanding, I am aware of the flaws in this device, (it was implemented in 3 previous MMIT members) the device was semi-faulty (2 of these cases was a failure (uncontrollable lengthening) and one was a success, and Mitko withdraw it from the market.
It seems that Mitko was quite sad about it, because shortly after he announced he would not do CS LL anymore. Anyways, as you know he changed his mind (...).
Years later, he announced through email? that his internal device have been improved and ready for CS LL in 2017. This corresponds with studies that have been done about it. It looks like a decent device with studies backing it up, and if he have fixed the uncontrollable lengthening fault, I would be eager to try it out.
As far as I can see the device has been implemented in bone fracture patients with and overall quite good results, theres a study on it somewhere.

Currently, I have put the whole CS-LL with Mitko and his internal device on hold and I am thinking about going to Perihar (Precise femur) in 2020 instead.
I've tried to e-mail Mitko and his staff several times (politely) asking about the internal device.
It (seems) that they systemically ignore e-mails regarding the internal device (I've tried to send emails from two separate email accounts).
Their standard letter, they e-mail to potential CL LL patients offers both the external monorail device and the internal device. However, at the same time the advice patients to do the external monorail device instead of the internal.

It seems weird to offer an internal device, and when if you ask about this device - they do not reply.

Looking objectively at it, why would you recommend anyone to undergo a monorail femur lengthening instead of an "internal" externally fixated device" (i know his device is not like a nail)? Either you trust your own internal device, or you do not offer it, why offer a second class treatment that is more expensive and less safe (their own opinion).
Something seems weird, or maybe I am just paranoid.

Am I just paranoid? :D

Jack1066

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2017, 10:47:14 PM »

hey, I'm also looking to do internal femurs with Mitkovic, so this is interesting.

He also hasn't responded to my email asking about his internal device yet, but I'll give him a bit of time.

Isn't external femur lengthening very painful- is there anything wrong with it apart from the fact it is painful? Maybe that is why they offer internals too, because they want to offer more variety to their customers and people feel they can do tibias or femurs at Nis?

BTW, when are you thinking of going to Nis Chopsuey? Are you going in 2018? There's a group on Whatsapp unless you're on it already.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 01:51:07 AM by Jack1066 »

notimportant

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2017, 11:41:44 PM »

Perhaps that is the reason he didn't reply o me
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Bander72

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2017, 10:20:44 AM »

It could be that there still working out the kinks in the device so they  aren't as confident right know. There are bunch of doctors who only do external so if they were planing on  not using internals they would not advertise to prospective clients.

Jack1066

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2017, 11:56:38 AM »

I got an email back from Mitkovic on it: he says that PRECICE is more accurate but has a slower healing time and destroys soft tissue. He thinks his is less accurate but has a faster healing time and is better for soft tissue.

Bander72

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2017, 12:15:42 PM »

Less accurate in what way? The issue before of lengthening issues. And I like the faster healing quicker chance to start weight bearing especially if you do a low amount  for femur 5 cm.

Jack1066

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »

Yes I think he means the possible lengthening issues although I'm not sure. I'm going for a consultation with him this spring/summer and I'll talk more about what I find out then.

Yes, his nail could be pretty good, I think he is getting around the lengthening issues by adding the capacity to it to be turned into an internal nail.

But I think this is the first year he's using it again, so it's all pretty experimental still...

Bander72

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2017, 02:04:31 PM »

Interesting we will have a better understanding then from your visit with him.

goals

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2017, 02:03:36 AM »

:)
i will see you there too
 ;)

goals

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2017, 02:15:07 AM »

i agree with you
i will come with you for 5 cm

Koki

• Visitor
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2017, 03:43:56 AM »

The cost, 16000euro, is one leg? or both of legs?
Start height:160cm
Goal height:168~170cm
Femurs:4~5cm
Tibias:4~5cm

holaamiga

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2017, 11:52:41 PM »

I will definitely be considering Dr. Mitkovic for summer of 2019. I still need to learn a lot about his experience and case-procedure outcomes. I'm a medical student in US, Florida, and won't be able to get a year off until summer 2019. Unfortunelty I cannot join the 2018 squad  :'(  If anyone has any good information, previous patient info, links, professional LL experience  about Dr. Mitkovic please share!

My original goal was Dr. Paley in west palm, which is just an hour and a half North of Miami where I live. But the only way for me to do Dr. Paley would be either after my first year of residency (intern year) or after my fours years of pm&r residency training (or 5 years if I do a pain fellowship). Both of those plans are further away in the future and much much more expensive. The price is important since I have no financial support, but then again I rather pay a huge sum of money and have minimal risks than pay much less and have higher risks. But I cannot say that Dr. Mitkovic is not as safe as Dr. Paley since I know nothing about him yet.

The benefit of Dr. Mitkovic is that I'll be able to under the LL procedure summer 2019 instead having to wait until 2020 (after first year of residency) or 2023 (after completion of 4 years of residency), which is my main mental struggle.....patience. I hate waiting. My whole life has been about pushing/working hard and waiting (study my butt for 4 years to get into med school; study butt off for 4 years to land a good residency program; work butt off for 4 years in residency to land good fellowship) I still in the 4 year med school phase, but knowing how many years you have to wait plays tricks on your mind lol. I guess it's better to know then not to know.

It will also depend on Dr. Mitkovic success rate, amount of scars, and his professionalism. so again if anyone has any solid information, links, previous patient diaries or contacts please let me know. I wish you all the best of luck with your LL dreams

-height: 165.7cm -> 5 feet and 5.25 inches
-Goal height: 174cm (5feet8.5inches) - 177.8cm (5feet10inches)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up