Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017  (Read 66802 times)

TIBIKE200

Re: Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2017, 01:32:45 PM »

A little over 90k.
As for my starting height.. sure 5'9 is perfectly average. But we all know that height dysphoria is relative, not absolute.
Life is pretty great, at least now i can move from face modeling to apparel modeling. (Of course thats not the ultimate reason, but an additional perk)

So were there any non internal reasons for it? My post LL height will also be your height (maybe half an inch more). Like, were you called short, got refused by women etc?
I learned some stuff during this time

6FeetSoon

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2017, 02:22:11 PM »

So were there any non internal reasons for it? My post LL height will also be your height (maybe half an inch more). Like, were you called short, got refused by women etc?

Nah, no issues with women or people in general. But I just felt shorter when all your male model colleagues are 5'11-6'1

helloworld

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2017, 07:47:47 AM »

I am sorry but this plug is shameless. Are you a staff member or the doctor himself? It seems this type of self promotion has been going on for a long time with this doctor: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150409443&pagenumber=4 ...scroll down and you can see that the Dr himself was posting and luring. And why would anyone not go to Rozburch in US for only $35k more?! If you are a REAL patient as you say, why do you feel the need to spam this site with promotions? Do you get paid or a discount, because I have seen similar post by you on other diaries.

~TT

All I want to do is help other potential patients who want to go through the procedure.
For most of the potential LL candidates it is a considerable expenses. For that reason there are still people, I would actually expect the majority of patients, who are doing lengthening with an external device!

On the issue: I have done a lot of research before deciding on the procedure and it was clear I was going to do internal and I was doing it in North American or Western Europe. Thus the options were:
Rozbruch, New York
Paley, West Palm Beach
Baumgart, Munich
Guichet, London or Milan
Betz, Frankfurt
Monegal, Barcelona

There was a lot of contradictory and unreliable information our there. But I could not find a clear indication that Rozbruch and Paley, who are most expensive, were better than Baumgart, Guichet or Betz, or that those were better than Monegal, who was least expensive. So I admit, that the decision between the above doctors was mainly based on price.
However, I have also talked to rich US patients here, that say they did not decide on Monegal because of the price, but because of the expected quality as well as the higher anonimity being outside the US.

I am using my time for the benefit of all of you and seem to receive only "negativity" in return. :-(
So I won't be posting here anymore.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2017, 03:14:41 PM »

Betz, Frankfurt
Monegal, Barcelona

One of the worst option you can get in europe.

I am using my time for the benefit of all of you and seem to receive only "negativity" in return. :-(
So I won't be posting here anymore.

If you can't take any negative criticism(which limits the discussion btw) then well... good riddance.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2017, 03:52:03 PM »

Just an update. Surgery scheduled for March 20th at 11am. Sorta weird to think about the exact time at which you're legs are essentially broken.

-Spinal epidural rather than general anesthesia
-3.5 hour procedure at HSS, 2-3 nights in-patient care.
-ITB release as well as rod insertion
-lengthening will begin on day 4
-4x a day for the first week, then 3x a day after that (1mm per day)
-no formal PT, just the exercises Rozbruch wants me to perform daily

tinytim

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2017, 04:06:44 PM »

That is awesome man! Did you get final cost numbers from insurance? Also how much did consultation cost?

~TT

6FeetSoon

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2017, 04:13:44 PM »

That is awesome man! Did you get final cost numbers from insurance? Also how much did consultation cost?

~TT

350 for the consultation.
I don't know final numbers from insurance because fees haven't been submitted to them yet. 

Rod Thick

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2017, 04:54:39 PM »

Congrats man! Please keep this experience updated throughout lengthening and after. Don't just fade away on us.

Will you be awake during surgery since they use spinal anesthesia? That's pretty bad ass if you are!

I like the no formal PT with Rozbruch. I think formal PT is overrated when it comes to internal femur lengthening. As long as you are sincerely doing the exercises every single day, multiple times a day, on your own. That's one of the reasons I switched away from Dr. Guichet. His whole pre op and post op training with professional trainers is a waste of money in my opinion.

I'm with tinytim on being very anxious to know the final cost numbers from your insurance. Good for Dr. Rozbruch in getting some of these costs to be covered by insurance companies. We already pay an insane amount for health insurance and then they try to reject every claim they can. Its about time they started to pay up!

Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

tinytim

• Visitor
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2017, 04:57:02 PM »

Great thnx.... I have same insurance as you and would love to know the final cost :) was

6FeetSoon

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2017, 05:18:22 PM »

Congrats man! Please keep this experience updated throughout lengthening and after. Don't just fade away on us.

Will you be awake during surgery since they use spinal anesthesia? That's pretty bad ass if you are!

I like the no formal PT with Rozbruch. I think formal PT is overrated when it comes to internal femur lengthening. As long as you are sincerely doing the exercises every single day, multiple times a day, on your own. That's one of the reasons I switched away from Dr. Guichet. His whole pre op and post op training with professional trainers is a waste of money in my opinion.

I'm with tinytim on being very anxious to know the final cost numbers from your insurance. Good for Dr. Rozbruch in getting some of these costs to be covered by insurance companies. We already pay an insane amount for health insurance and then they try to reject every claim they can. Its about time they started to pay up!

I'll be asleep, just breathing on my own.
I will definitely keep posting. There isn't a single rozbruch patient experience diary on here (start to finish), so i think it'll be extremely valuable for the forum.

Chard

• Visitor
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2017, 02:12:27 AM »

Looking forward to seeing how you go, man. All the best!

DoingItForMe

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2017, 08:10:47 AM »

First of all, good luck with the surgery!

Can you do me a favor and post a post-surgery picture of just your scars or can you PM them to me? It will not give away your identity, but will help me decide whether to choose Dr. Rozbruch for my rod removal. His rod removal fees are less than Paley's, and I'm considering getting him to do it, even though Programdude rebroke his femur after getting his rods removed by Dr. Rozbruch. I am curious to see how Dr. R's scars compare to Paley's.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

6FeetSoon

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2017, 02:31:21 PM »

Pre-op! Will post sporadically.
First thing i didnt know but think is super cool is that your guests can visit you 24 hours while you're an inpatient.

http://imgur.com/Ju2UiCo

HSS looks like fkin NASA space station. Extremely high tech and very efficient. There are more employees here than patients!

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2017, 03:38:59 PM »

Excited to see how this diary goes. Dr Rozbruch appears to be in the upper echelon of doctors performing limb lengthening. If you can take pictures of the hospital that would be awesome - best of luck.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2017, 12:10:37 AM »

A little light reading before bed for us:

http://imgur.com/7nUFcZy

Its really neat to have a handful of doctors on your case though. You feel like you're the only patient they are taking care of. In addition to Rozbruch, you've got the rheumatologist who will focus on your joints to make sure your recovery (as far as range of motion is concerned) is smooth. You've got a second orthopedic surgeon, anesthesiologist, the chief nurse, nurses assistant. All of whom you get to meet. Super friendly group.

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2017, 10:53:02 AM »

A little light reading before bed for us:

http://imgur.com/7nUFcZy

Its really neat to have a handful of doctors on your case though. You feel like you're the only patient they are taking care of. In addition to Rozbruch, you've got the rheumatologist who will focus on your joints to make sure your recovery (as far as range of motion is concerned) is smooth. You've got a second orthopedic surgeon, anesthesiologist, the chief nurse, nurses assistant. All of whom you get to meet. Super friendly group.

Wow. It all looks so professional and standardized, medically sound and above board. It's treated as a complex medical procedure (which it is) in the same way reconstructive or deformity correcting surgery would be by an elite, qualified team compared to the often less glamorous side we see of doctors who should not be offering this surgery in 3rd world countries who are performing this surgery as if it were a science project or an experiment where anything could occur. After seeing this and hopefully good results in your diary - I believe Rozbruch will be held in the same regard as Paley, from everything I have seen he is an absolute professional and possibly one of the best qualified in the world for this surgery.

Best of luck my friend - you have made the decision so no need to be afraid as you have chosen to undergo this procedure in the absolute best circumstances possible, you deserve this! Just concentrate on your recovery and in extension, your future.  This diary will be invaluable to prospective patients in the future so in advance, thank you for providing it.

Megamuffin

• Visitor
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2017, 11:14:19 PM »

Does the psychologist have to be one he recommends or can it be one that I have been using for a decade? (In relation to the insurance thing)

6FeetSoon

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2017, 01:38:09 AM »

Does the psychologist have to be one he recommends or can it be one that I have been using for a decade? (In relation to the insurance thing)

You have to see Dr. Westrich, no questions asked.

Megamuffin

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2017, 04:59:31 AM »

Okay.

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2017, 04:01:41 PM »

Now we are in March meaning your surgery is scheduled for the latter end of this month, how are you feeling? Are you doing anything specific in the lead up to the surgery? How is your mindset - sure/nervous?

On a side note, Dr Rozbruch seems very professional and qualified, how would you describe him now that you have met with him?

6FeetSoon

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »

Now we are in March meaning your surgery is scheduled for the latter end of this month, how are you feeling? Are you doing anything specific in the lead up to the surgery? How is your mindset - sure/nervous?

On a side note, Dr Rozbruch seems very professional and qualified, how would you describe him now that you have met with him?

I've met him a few times now. He's super chilled out and friendly. He's sort of a celebrity at HSS and when you talk to him you can see why. His confidence and candor are reassuring. I feel good. Not nervous at all. There are a dozen people on my case so I'm not remotely worried. Not doing anything in particular in preparation, I've always been extremely flexible so I'm just relaxing and getting all the necessary things in order to be home for 6 months.

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2017, 04:27:45 PM »

At what rate will you be lengthening over the 6 month period to achieve the full 8CM? That seems a realistic and safe time frame in my opinion, I don't believe rapid lengthening is good for soft tissue or consolidation.

6 months until you are a 6 feet tall male model, I imagine you are looking ahead with eagerness. As I said in my past comments, this is the right way - no worries about the procedure and surrounded by the best professionals in the field.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2017, 05:02:11 PM »

At what rate will you be lengthening over the 6 month period to achieve the full 8CM? That seems a realistic and safe time frame in my opinion, I don't believe rapid lengthening is good for soft tissue or consolidation.

6 months until you are a 6 feet tall male model, I imagine you are looking ahead with eagerness. As I said in my past comments, this is the right way - no worries about the procedure and surrounded by the best professionals in the field.

I'm lengthening at the standard 1mm/day. So that part will take 3 months, then 2-3 months of consolidation before i'm fully weight-bearing. We're a little less worried about soft tissue and muscle tightening with me given my flexibility and due to the fact that my legs are already long (relative to other patients who undergo CLL)

TIBIKE200

« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »

I'm lengthening at the standard 1mm/day. So that part will take 3 months, then 2-3 months of consolidation before i'm fully weight-bearing. We're a little less worried about soft tissue and muscle tightening with me given my flexibility and due to the fact that my legs are already long (relative to other patients who undergo CLL)

Long because of your initial height which is above the average person considering LL or just that you have somewhat long legs for your height?

6FeetSoon

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2017, 05:07:32 PM »

Long because of your initial height which is above the average person considering LL or just that you have somewhat long legs for your height?
The former. 8cm for me at 175cm starting height is a lot different than 8cm to someone starting at 160cm

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2017, 05:36:52 PM »

Yeah, initial height does play some effect on what you can safely lengthen as it's all relative - 5CM to somebody with an initial height of 150CM is different that 5CM to somebody with an initial height of 180CM.

One question I did wish to ask; what is Rozbruch's opinion on limb lengthening, its safety and on recovery afterwards and athletic potential returning or being possibly diminished?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2017, 05:40:28 PM »

Might be a wierd question, but what is your pants' inseam?

6FeetSoon

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2017, 05:44:16 PM »

Yeah, initial height does play some effect on what you can safely lengthen as it's all relative - 5CM to somebody with an initial height of 150CM is different that 5CM to somebody with an initial height of 180CM.

One question I did wish to ask; what is Rozbruch's opinion on limb lengthening, its safety and on recovery afterwards and athletic potential returning or being possibly diminished?

He stands by the practice of CLL. He's done a lot of them and has seen the vast improvement in people's self-confidence. As you saw in the documentary about Sam, he went from 5'4 to 5'7 and was back on the court shooting hoops with his friends without limitations in 10 months. His exact words to me were, "if you were an NFL player, i wouldn't expect you to be an elite player after the surgery, but if you were a decent athlete before, i expect you to be afterward"

So yeah not overly concerned about diminished ability.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2017, 05:47:01 PM »

Might be a wierd question, but what is your pants' inseam?

Haha i never actually measured. But i wear 31x32 guess jeans if that helps?

onemorefoot

« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2017, 07:40:56 PM »

What is your sitting height, future 6 feet?
Budget will determine my future.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2017, 03:02:32 PM »

What is your sitting height, future 6 feet?

Measured for you. About 89cm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up