Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017  (Read 66845 times)

Re: Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2017, 03:28:59 PM »

You're slightly leggy for your height but I'm sure you will look good proportionally.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2017, 04:07:09 PM »

You're slightly leggy for your height but I'm sure you will look good proportionally.

Haha need to be a bit legg-"ier". My 185cm co workers sit at 91cm.. Will need the extra legginess if i'm going to be marketable for all types of contracts.

Moubgf

« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2017, 04:47:23 PM »

i am going guichet. But is robrucht worth it?

Guichet is 60.000 eu

WHATS THE PRICE FOR ROBRUCHT AND HOW MANY INTERNAL SUCCESFULLY HAS HE DONE. Pictures please of internal femur

6FeetSoon

« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2017, 05:01:55 PM »

Guichet is 60.000 eu

WHATS THE PRICE FOR ROBRUCHT AND HOW MANY INTERNAL SUCCESFULLY HAS HE DONE. Pictures please of internal femur

I'm tired of explaining this. People need to understand it's not just that Rozbruch is a top ortho surgeon... it's that he's the director of LL and CRS at fcking HSS in New York City. To keep that job, you have to be consistently at the top of the charts among your peers otherwise you're out. Its almost laughable that his reputation needs justifying in comparison to your alternatives.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2017, 05:15:10 PM »

The reason i suspect you won't find any of his patients on here is because they are usually wealthier American males in their late 20's - early 30's who will pay top dollar for the best care and move on with their lives. This forum isn't frequented by that client base. These forums seems to attract younger people (teenagers/early 20's) looking for the cheapest possible way to grow (even if they sacrifice quality) and that's fine, we all have our priorities. But understand that Rozbruch probably isn't the guy for you.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:41:45 PM by 6FeetSoon »

« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2017, 06:28:36 PM »

Haha need to be a bit legg-"ier". My 185cm co workers sit at 91cm.. Will need the extra legginess if i'm going to be marketable for all types of contracts.

I assume this is the desired model look - a slim body with longer limbs compared to body. It makes sense, all of the big fashion brands model their clothes on men who fit this description. Proportions are so varied, on this forum there is a user with a 36" leg at a similar height to you yet there are men who are 6'6" plus with a 30" inseam which truly makes me believe that as long as somebody isn't already at an extreme and doesn't lengthen a ridiculous amount, their proportions won't be any different to those found naturally.

Guichet is 60.000 eu

Yes. Please research who Robrucht (Rozbruch!) is, his accomplishments in the field of orthopedics and the Hospital for Special Surgery to see why the expense is completely worth it if you have the finances and why those who can choose to undergo procedures their including top athletes.

I'm tired of explaining this. People need to understand it's not just that Rozbruch is a top ortho surgeon... it's that he's the director of LL and CRS at fcking HSS in New York City. To keep that job, you have to be consistently at the top of the charts among your peers otherwise you're out. Its almost laughable that his reputation needs justifying in comparison to your alternatives.

I don't think people quite understand the difference between a doctor in India or Russia performing the procedure as a way to earn extra money on the side compared to one of the most accomplished and qualified orthopedic surgeons in the world as a whole who deals with deformities, injuries and the musculoskeletal system as a whole every single day while remaining one of the best in their field in one of the most advanced hospitals worldwide. They see 'limb lengthening' and think there are just different levels of doctors between a Russian/Indian doctor and quite literally the best in orthopedic surgeon in their field when in fact they aren't really comparable in the slightest. It's like comparing a guy in the local gym to a world class athlete.

While Dr Rozbruch may charge up to 10 times the amount for the procedure, you are receiving much more than that in experience, expertise, predictable outcome and doctor competency and of course he will not then appeal to those who don't have the finances and wish to lengthen their limbs at the cheapest price possible at any cost and disregarding their own personal safety.

The reason i suspect you won't find any of his patients on here is because they are usually wealthier American males in their late 20's - early 30's who will pay top dollar for the best care and move on with their lives. This forum isn't frequented by that client base. These forums seems to attract younger people (teenagers/early 20's) looking for the cheapest possible way to grow (even if they sacrifice quality) and that's fine, we all have our priorities. But understand that Rozbruch probably isn't the guy for you.

I completely agree. Most here are in their late teens-early twenties and wish to spend as little as possible on the procedure regardless of what that realistically entails in terms of the surgery, recovery, support etc. and then are shocked when they suffer dreadful complications. Those choosing Rozbruch are looking for the best in the field and yes, that entails a much higher fee - whether a person is willing to pay that much is down to their priorities.

I have posted multiple times in this thread, I am thrilled that there is finally a diary from a patient of Dr Rozbruch as if I were considering undergoing this procedure, I personally would never consider a doctor any less qualified and wish to see the results possible of undergoing the procedure with the one of the best doctors as thus far, the results of limb lengthening surgery with other doctors as a whole (apart from very few) have been less than inspiring or desirable. This is the first and only diary so far and unfortunately it's already been infested with advertisements for other doctors and repeated questions that could be answered with very little research or have already been answered.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2017, 08:05:59 PM »

People should go to the top tier ones (And they should get their names through other top tier orthopedics)
I learned some stuff during this time

« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »

People should go to the top tier ones (And they should get their names through other top tier orthopedics)

I completely agree TIBIKE200, it isn't sensible trying to be 'economical' in regards to this surgery as you don't want to go in perfectly fit and healthy and come out with nagging, serious issues and possibly unable to walk. There is a reason some of these doctors are so cheap and people must ask themselves why. The surgery is a game of risk/reward - is it worth risking your health to such a high degree by trying to pay as little as possible by going to the cheapest doctor possible when you can mitigate much of that risk by paying more? Only they can answer that question, if I were to consider the procedure, no it wouldn't be.

6FeetSoon, I forgot to ask - I'm assuming you requested 8CM of femoral lengthening to hit 6 feet tall. Did Dr Rozbruch comment on the amount and feel comfortable in achieving the amount (I know you said that your legs were longer therefore can lengthen more? Does he have any hard and fast rule to the amount lengthened and any comment on tibia/femur lengthening if one is preferable?

onemorefoot

« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2017, 08:38:04 PM »

Are you 175 in the afternoon, 6foot?
Budget will determine my future.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2017, 08:39:59 PM »

I completely agree TIBIKE200, it isn't sensible trying to be 'economical' in regards to this surgery as you don't want to go in perfectly fit and healthy and come out with nagging, serious issues and possibly unable to walk. There is a reason some of these doctors are so cheap and people must ask themselves why. The surgery is a game of risk/reward - is it worth risking your health to such a high degree by trying to pay as little as possible by going to the cheapest doctor possible when you can mitigate much of that risk by paying more? Only they can answer that question, if I were to consider the procedure, no it wouldn't be.

After speaking literally to half the world, the names of three docs always came up as top tiers and are regarded as the best of the best. One of them is Rozbruch. The other two I won't name as this is a Rozbruch diary and also because I don't want to make any pubblicity to any doc.
I learned some stuff during this time

6FeetSoon

« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2017, 08:45:32 PM »

6FeetSoon, I forgot to ask - I'm assuming you requested 8CM of femoral lengthening to hit 6 feet tall. Did Dr Rozbruch comment on the amount and feel comfortable in achieving the amount (I know you said that your legs were longer therefore can lengthen more? Does he have any hard and fast rule to the amount lengthened and any comment on tibia/femur lengthening if one is preferable?

He very much dislikes tibial lengthening these days. He calls the healing process far less predictable. So he really only does femoral lengthening for the cosmetic patients.
He was the one who said 8cm based on my flexibility and x-rays. That's his default length though unless there are circumstances that warrant caution.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »

Are you 175 in the afternoon, 6foot?

176 first thing in the morning.
175 most of the day.

yyes

« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2017, 08:53:49 PM »

What do you think about docs that don't charge as much but still charge over 40k?do you think they are not as good?

Docs such as Birkholtz or Guichet or others?

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2017, 08:59:51 PM »

Anyone notice how the supposedly best docs in this field (Guichet, Rozbruch) say they avoid tibia lengthening because, essentially, they're harder to get right than femur lengthening? Tells me that their reputation is overrated.
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2017, 09:04:33 PM »

He very much dislikes tibial lengthening these days. He calls the healing process far less predictable. So he really only does femoral lengthening for the cosmetic patients.
He was the one who said 8cm based on my flexibility and x-rays. That's his default length though unless there are circumstances that warrant caution.

That's interesting and from my research seems accurate - tibial lengthening just doesn't recover at the same rate as femoral lengthening, if I remember correctly it's because of the copious amounts of blood supply found in the upper leg. It's great that the amount gets you to your desired height and I'm sure Dr Rozbruch feels confident enough to successfully lengthen to that amount. Thank you for the reply.

What do you think about docs that don't charge as much but still charge over 40k?do you think they are not as good?

Docs such as Birkholtz or Guichet or others?

I'll reply in a private message. I don't want to derail this thread entirely.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2017, 09:29:05 PM »

Anyone notice how the supposedly best docs in this field (Guichet, Rozbruch) say they avoid tibia lengthening because, essentially, they're harder to get right than femur lengthening? Tells me that their reputation is overrated.

Think it has more to do with the fact that since they aren't trying to correct a deformity, all else equal you pick the bone that heals better if your ultimate goal is total height increase.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2017, 07:17:56 PM »

After reading a few other posts on various threads, I've seen a lot of concerns about how difficult scheduling an appointment/consultation can be. Thought i'd just show you how streamlined (at least with our ortho legend Rozbruch) the process can be.

Great web interface, you can create a new profile and request an appointment, they'll be back to you in 12-24 hours max.

http://imgur.com/AEBzNi9

Once you're up and running you can see how organized and efficient every thing is. Billing info, appointment reminders, test results, letters from your doctors. It's all here.

surgery
http://imgur.com/Uyy8Ptk

appointments
http://imgur.com/0VCuaao

billing
http://imgur.com/GNHw8dA

it's basically like online banking. No hassle, super efficient, the least of your worries is handling the logistics of everything.

« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2017, 07:33:42 PM »

Wow, that really is optimized, professional and efficient. It's good that it's so straightforward and with no confusion so less chance for mistakes. That being said, I expect no less.

tinytim

• Visitor
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2017, 05:01:09 AM »

hey 6feet, its almost time and i am excited for you. Did you find out how much insurance will cover and how much you have to pay? how much did you budget for this?

~TT

doomsday

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2017, 06:00:20 AM »

Measured for you. About 89cm

Are you sure that you measured correctly? I'm asking because its quite unusual :)

6FeetSoon

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2017, 06:46:37 AM »

hey 6feet, its almost time and i am excited for you. Did you find out how much insurance will cover and how much you have to pay? how much did you budget for this?

~TT

Hey, don't really have a budget. Whatever it is, it will be paid. Won't know how much is covered until claims are submitted.

Are you sure that you measured correctly? I'm asking because its quite unusual :)

Eh, not that unusual.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2017, 06:56:37 AM »

89/175=51%
Looks just about the mean.

« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »

Any update on the run up to the surgery? It isn't long now, how are you feeling?

asfastaslight

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2017, 05:36:12 AM »

I thought Rozbruch had a height limit of 5'5 max for males no?
minimum is 5'5 any under he won't do if your not a dwarf.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2017, 12:40:10 PM »

Any update on the run up to the surgery? It isn't long now, how are you feeling?

Super excited. Ready to get this show on the road! Did my final photoshoot at 5'9! Next one will be at 6'0! ;)

6FeetSoon

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2017, 12:41:31 PM »

Haha he has no height limit. Case by case basis. He'll reject some 5'2 candidates and accept some 5'9 ones.

Body Builder

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2017, 10:46:16 PM »

Are you sure?

Because it makes no sense to not do LL to a 5.4 man who has every right to want this surgery and do it on a 5.11 man who maybe has mental problems and wants this surgery

I think that what you said about Rozbruch's requirements is wrong, otherwise I don't know what's this doctor's criterions are for a patient.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2017, 11:25:39 PM »

Are you sure?

Because it makes no sense to not do LL to a 5.4 man who has every right to want this surgery and do it on a 5.11 man who maybe has mental problems and wants this surgery

I think that what you said about Rozbruch's requirements is wrong, otherwise I don't know what's this doctor's criterions are for a patient.

Maybe you should watch his video first before commenting.

Rozbruch has candidates talk to Dr. Katz-Westrich and the psych evaluation determines who qualifies. So as i said... a 5'4 candidate can easily fail the psych evaluation while a 5'9 man could pass with flying colors. And given I'm having surgery with him next monday and have communicated with him at length in person, i think i have a pretty good handle on what his philosophy is. And i can promise you that starting height isn't even top 3 on his list of criteria

willsa

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2017, 11:26:00 PM »

I just read the anesthesia part - so you're going to be awake with only an epidural? I know you won't feel anything but man, you're very strong mentally.

Is there anything Dr. Rozbruch told you or you discussed with that goes against what people on this forum say? A lot of the advice here is from an echo chamber of non-doctors, it'd be interesting if you thought anything that he cleared up for you.

Lastly, are you comfortable with the idea of an ITB from the start? I read this and it kinda turned me off to the idea, makes sense from my anatomy classes too, did you discuss with Dr. Rozbruch? http://www.regenexx.com/iliotibial-band-itb-release-surgery/

6FeetSoon

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2017, 11:37:19 PM »

I just read the anesthesia part - so you're going to be awake with only an epidural? I know you won't feel anything but man, you're very strong mentally.

Is there anything Dr. Rozbruch told you or you discussed with that goes against what people on this forum say? A lot of the advice here is from an echo chamber of non-doctors, it'd be interesting if you thought anything that he cleared up for you.

Lastly, are you comfortable with the idea of an ITB from the start? I read this and it kinda turned me off to the idea, makes sense from my anatomy classes too, did you discuss with Dr. Rozbruch? http://www.regenexx.com/iliotibial-band-itb-release-surgery/

I'll be sedated. So i wont be aware of what's happening

As for ITB: Short answer- you HAVE to do the ITB release if you're lengthening more than 5cm. Not up for debate. As with all procedures, it can be done properly or poorly. Even things as "simple" as osteotomies can be done carelessly.

« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2017, 01:34:42 PM »

As with all procedures, it can be done properly or poorly. Even things as "simple" as osteotomies can be done carelessly.

Completely right. I think people overlook the little things and how doing them 'right' can make all the difference when you add up all the small things that can go wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up