Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Italian guy 167 cm (5' 6'')  (Read 2262 times)

checifaccioqui

• Visitor
Italian guy 167 cm (5' 6'')
« on: February 25, 2017, 12:06:44 PM »

Hello,

I am 31 years old man from Italy. I am tall 167 cm (that's 5' 6'') with a good looking face but always insicure about my height; this issue had been having a bad influence on my self esteem for long. During last year I have been using high shoes with height increase soles, reaching 174 cm (5' 9'').
With them I feel more comfortable with that even though I know that this fake and a little bit ridicolous.

Yesterday I started thinking about the idea of having a LL surgey and therefore I am here.

Do you thing that with a starting height of 5' 6'' a LL surgey would worth the trouble? If I reached 174 cm (5' 9'') with high shoes I could be 180 and it would be not that bad.
I am short, but I am in normal rage expecially If a use high shoes.

I read abour mr Catagni... do you have any additional news and information about him and his surgeys?

KrP1

Re: Italian guy 167 cm (5' 6'')
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 12:20:28 PM »

For me Yes. 167 is a very short height for a male. If you could afford internal femurs you could increase your height to 174. Its a very Big change.
But Everything depends on how you feel about your height now and how It affect to your life. If it worth it or not IS something very individual.

YungGud

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 12:27:23 PM »

It's not very short height for a male by the way but yes it's just short
I think it's worth it ,is have I friend who is about 174 ,and he never looks really short ,more average looking
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

checifaccioqui

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »

I read about Mr Catagni who lives is in Lecco which is not that far from Milan, place whose I am from.

And are there any italians who undergo LL surgey?

KrP1

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 02:22:54 PM »

I read about Mr Catagni who lives is in Lecco which is not that far from Milan, place whose I am from.

And are there any italians who undergo LL surgey?

Catagni IS a good option id you do external only. But you Will wear the frames around 1 year

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 02:33:45 PM »

Catagni is indeed a good option and if you have enough time and the mental strength to wear external frames for a relatively long time, you can easily gain 6 and if you are a little lucky 7 cm with external fixators in tibias.
Imo it is better to lengthen tibias than femurs if you plan to do only one LL because having a longer than before tibia is better looking than having a very long femur and also, with king femurs and short tibias the leg will look shorter compared to the opposite.

So even if 1.67 is short for a man, it is a height that even with 1 LL and 6-7 added length you will be average and most of the times your height dysphoria will be much less or completely gone.

Finally, keep in mind that for 7 cm in tibias you'll need about 10 months in frames.

checifaccioqui

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 02:57:58 PM »

thanks everybody for your pieces of advice  ;D

And what about internal frames? Do they give larger risks? And in terms of final results?
I would like to be operated in Italy.
Catagni and Pili are good with internal LL?

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 11:07:02 AM »

@checifaccioqui,

I just finished up the process with Dr. Pili, although I also met with Dr. Catagni several times as they work together.
As others have already mentioned, the rule of thumb with Catagni/Pili is 9-10 months in frames and then 2-3 weeks walking with crutches after removal.
7cm is definitely something you can achieve, many people do much more (I decided to stop at 6cm because I did not want to have achilles lengthening).

With Catagni/Pili, you'll have the surgery in Milan and then the follow up visits in Lecco, although I think it's possible to meet with them in Milan as well.

They are very good doctors: caring, meticulous, and realistic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up