Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who allows Lengthening at home?  (Read 2559 times)

egocentrical

Who allows Lengthening at home?
« on: February 28, 2017, 07:08:21 PM »

Hi,

i'm looking to lengthen at home - i just can't cope being alone for the duration of lengthening, alongside this i also have connections through work with doctors etc but due to where i live this surgery isn't actually performed here except for children where one leg is shorter then the other ... with this in mind, i am set on lengthening at home so i'm not looking for people to tell me not to .. i'm wondering which doctors allow you to lengthen at home .. my first option was ISIC but considering Chris's diary .. probably not anymore

Chris

Re: Who allows Lengthening at home?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »

Hi,

i'm looking to lengthen at home - i just can't cope being alone for the duration of lengthening, alongside this i also have connections through work with doctors etc but due to where i live this surgery isn't actually performed here except for children where one leg is shorter then the other ... with this in mind, i am set on lengthening at home so i'm not looking for people to tell me not to .. i'm wondering which doctors allow you to lengthen at home .. my first option was ISIC but considering Chris's diary .. probably not anymore

Doctor Mitcovic, but i think he doesn't do LON.

Tell your future doctor that you will live in a hotel or tell him a fake address and then after one week you just leave.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

egocentrical

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »

don't you need some sort of medical pass to board the plane though? considering you're "carrying metal" in your legs.

The Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 11:11:33 PM »

illegitimate doctors,  don't think about lengthening alone if you care about your health and safety, Good luck

egocentrical

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 08:53:49 AM »

Again I'm not looking to be swayed otherwise - looking for information.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 02:16:39 PM »

I actually think most doctors will let you do lengthening at home, but they advise against it given the numerous complications of which you're already aware.

egocentrical

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 02:52:51 PM »

If I were to lengthen at home - do I need permission to fly back? I'm concerned that the airport wouldn't allow me to travel with rods on my leg or that I'd need dismissal from the hospital. Yes I understand that it's not the best situation but my anexity would kick in being alone that long in a state as such, knowing that my work is supportive and Ive told friends and family what I am doing alongside I live in the UK and have connections to NHS and my Local hospital as I work alongside them I feel I'm in a position which allows me too. My goal is 8CM but in reality just being taller then 5ft4 be it 5ft5/6 is actually what I most want, so if complications do happen - I am willing to except it is my doing.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 03:48:45 PM »

You would be fine to fly with internal rods. People with prosthesis/hip/knee/ankle/elbow reconstructions and countless other conditions that require 'metal' in their body are allowed so there is no reason you wouldn't be.

Big Decision

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »

I'm having the same plan, I can't go away from life and work for months

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 04:32:18 PM »

Dr. Pili allows. I am going to leave a week after my surgery with him. But again, you should be available once every month when he asks. If you live too far from your doc, as I do, you also need to consider the cost of travel which could actually make up 80% of cost of stay itself, if cost is an issue, which in your case did not hint.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

ibuse

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 07:32:49 PM »

Lengthening is rarely the issue. The issue is correcting while or after lengthening. What most people don't realize is that during the process, you will most definitely need to do some correction of some form (x-legs, length discrepancy, , alignment, and etc). Most people have issues with this surgery due to a plethora of things, but not paying attention to correction is top on the list. For that reason, it's hard to lengthen at home. But external while lengthening at home is definitely out of the question. The chances of infection and pin breaks are extremely high. If you can reserve several months to lengthen and consolidate at home, that's more viable.

I spent 6 months lengthening and correcting. Now I am doing my consolidation back at home in order to keep my job going and to of course make money.
Pages: [1]   Go Up