Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To the moderators  (Read 2460 times)

jbc

To the moderators
« on: March 12, 2017, 05:29:06 AM »

I read the last reply on Unicorn's thread. Respectfully, that in not near enough. What is the point of moderation or being a moderator if you are unwilling to perform that function?

There is a systematic pattern of thread hijacks and Dr. bashing by a few members: LLUSER (notimportant) and his other troll aliases, as well as other Monegal patients that suck up all the oxygen on threads, drive away patients eager to share their experiences for the betterment and enrichment of the community, turn threads toxic and thread topics into non-sequitur rambles. If this is the desired outcome of this forum, awesome. If not, please enact the following actions:

• Ban the offending users
  • Relegate irrelevant thread posts to a wasteland dumping ground, and/or restrict offending users to same. Many old forums do this
  • Clean up threads and protect patient discussions so this community can continue to grow

Moderate, in other words. It took a great degree of anger, upheaval and protest from the community for the moderators to act a few months ago. This should not be the case. Be proactive, enforce the rules and do the jobs you've been elected to do.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:49:40 AM by jbc »

Penguinn

Re: To the moderators
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 06:27:36 AM »

I hear you. My reply was an attempt at diffusing the derailment, after which the derailed parts were moved to Discussions. Any irrelevant posts bashing another doctor on someone's experience will be met with a warning and eventually a suspension/ban.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »

I could not agree more. The Monegal situation has become worse as of late and is beginning to bring the experience here down to the point where I imagine people will no longer wish to post as to avoid being involved in/there thread devolving into the petulant, tedious and never ending discussion about Monegal. It has certainly dissuaded me from participating as it's patently obvious the direction threads will inevitably take.

The users helloworld and notimportant ought to both be given a warning for A) Forceful and zealous advertisement and recommendations of a doctor where they aren't necessary or relevant whenever possible and B) Endlessly dragging any discussion down, regardless of what it is to bashing Monegal  respectively and C) Engaging in arguments between one another with endless abusive and petty comments when one posts a comment about Monegal.

Edit - I have just seen that Penguinn has told both users that warnings will be issued upon the next violation. Thank you Penguinn for attempting to resolve the issue, it is appreciated.

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 05:59:03 AM »

What is the problem with Monegal? If you dont trust him dont go there, if you trust go. He had mistakes for sure, but what doctor not.
Budget will determine my future.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »

It's clear through the main post and the further replies by Penguinn and myself that the issue isn't with Dr Monegal himself, it is users constantly derailing and spamming threads discussing him both positively and negatively on unrelated posts.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 12:30:17 AM »

There are multiple users on this site with various alternate accounts. I.e. Zaney who has Gay Pride and Rod Thick. The little queer likes to use this forum for trying to pick up guys he's sick! Moderators on this site need to pull their fingers out their arses.

There are also still users on this site handing out advice or giving information about this surgery when they have never even done this surgery. It needs to stop!
Pages: [1]   Go Up