Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cooper Precise Femur Journey with Dr. Birkholtz (Incomplete)  (Read 36825 times)

ShortyMcShort

Re: Cooper Precise Femur Journey with Dr. Birkholtz (Incomplete)
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2014, 05:05:44 AM »

Dr. B just posted the pictures of the hospital. How do you guys rate compare to India, China, Russia, Germany, US and other. I like to hear opinions. Please speak out with openness. Thanks!

Where can I view this?
Also interested in Dr. Birkholtz, will be paying close attention to your diary along with the other guy whose username I have forgotten sorry.
You mentioned that your goal is 6.5cm, I thought Dr. Birkholtz only allowed 5 for tibias and 6 for femur and nothing more. Could you ask him of the prospects of doing 6 and 6 on both segments as those are my goals for a total of 12cm for someone who is 165cm. Other doctors deem 6 as 'safe' for tibias considering Dr Donghoon does 6 and 7cm as a norm it seems

I hope you can post as many pictures as possible when the time comes if its not too hard for you, never been to South Africa and would like to see how clean and professional it looks as Dr. Birkholtz seems rather professional and Im very interested in doing both segments with him. So sick of all the Indian and Dr Betz diaries on old forum  which imo all seems like complete utter bs unless its a female diary, how do we know which diaries are genuine and which are Apo/Sysop writing another novel. How someone can lengthen 20cm and not look disproportionate is beyond me, but thats another story and one thats not needed here

Good luck mate
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:29:22 AM by ShortyMcShort »

jerry

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »

Hey McShort, Dr Birkholtz posted the pictures here

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=137.msg7998#msg7998

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 02:50:09 PM »

I decided to do it in June but still can not commit 100%. My biggest fear is my work schedule. I am very busy working 60-70 hours a week and not sure how I can drop all of this and gone for 45 days. It seems impossible at the moment but still trying to make it work. If not than I have to do it here with either Dr. M or Dr. Paley and will cost me additional $50K :(

I will keep you all posted. Really frustrated at the moment regarding this. I wish I was in 20s with no responsibility. I would have just pack my bag and go.
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 05:49:54 PM »

Where can I view this?
Also interested in Dr. Birkholtz, will be paying close attention to your diary along with the other guy whose username I have forgotten sorry.
You mentioned that your goal is 6.5cm, I thought Dr. Birkholtz only allowed 5 for tibias and 6 for femur and nothing more. Could you ask him of the prospects of doing 6 and 6 on both segments as those are my goals for a total of 12cm for someone who is 165cm. Other doctors deem 6 as 'safe' for tibias considering Dr Donghoon does 6 and 7cm as a norm it seems

I hope you can post as many pictures as possible when the time comes if its not too hard for you, never been to South Africa and would like to see how clean and professional it looks as Dr. Birkholtz seems rather professional and Im very interested in doing both segments with him. So sick of all the Indian and Dr Betz diaries on old forum  which imo all seems like complete utter bs unless its a female diary, how do we know which diaries are genuine and which are Apo/Sysop writing another novel. How someone can lengthen 20cm and not look disproportionate is beyond me, but thats another story and one thats not needed here

Good luck mate

Parts of South Africa upholds western level of standards. If someone blindfolded you and flew you with a plane and dropped you in one of the western towns wouldnt be able to tell that it is a country in Africa.
There is also a caucasian population.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Cooper

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2014, 01:19:32 PM »

Pretoria is 52% Caucasian populated based on Wikipedia. I watched the YouTube videos no different than any western modern city.

theuprising

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2014, 11:13:07 PM »

Hope you can get the timing right and head to Dr B.

Cooper

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »

Update

I am sad to announce I cancelled my trip to Pretoria. I even bought the ticket, but, unfortunately with current work load there is no way I can bet out of states for more than a week. With that constraint of time, contemplated for long time, had many sleepless nights and finally came to conclusion this is not possible for me. I was not happy to call this off. Was looking forward to meet Dr. Birkholtz's team and enjoyable stay in Natanja guest house.

I know many of you are deeply interested on my diary under the care of Dr. B. I will not able to deliver but I have done tremendous research on South Africa, Netcare hospitals and on Dr. B. Spend countless hours to make sure I was making the informed decision when I initially picked him. If any of guys are interested I am happy to share with you, just PM me. If you guys insist happy to upload the information here.

On the bright note- my dream of LL is still alive and I will be going under knife this June with Dr. Paley. I am doing consultation end of this month and surgery on June 11 (Big Day).  I have to come up with additional $40K to accommodate this change. I was not ready to spend that sort of money but I have to do what make sense with my situation. I have lot of responsibility and cannot turn away. 

I sincerely apologize to Dr. Birkholtz (please forgive me) for his time and the member of this forum for not able to provide the highly anticipated diary. I am also hoping RisingShorty will pick up the slack. I am very thankful to Dr. B for his time, informative email and truly enjoyed talking with him on Skype.

Again, truly sorry and I hope you all will understand!

P.S-
Dameon, can you please add (Incomplete) to the title of this diary.Though incomplete, this diary has some valuable info for posterity.

rickybobby

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2014, 04:05:09 PM »

Are you getting any release surgeries as well? Also is your goal still going to be lower than the full 8cm.

You are staying in Florida for just six weeks as well? Are you bringing anyone with u to help u?

Franz

• Verified LL Doctor
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2014, 04:37:33 PM »

Update

I am sad to announce I cancelled my trip to Pretoria. I even bought the ticket, but, unfortunately with current work load there is no way I can bet out of states for more than a week. With that constraint of time, contemplated for long time, had many sleepless nights and finally came to conclusion this is not possible for me. I was not happy to call this off. Was looking forward to meet Dr. Birkholtz's team and enjoyable stay in Natanja guest house.

I know many of you are deeply interested on my diary under the care of Dr. B. I will not able to deliver but I have done tremendous research on South Africa, Netcare hospitals and on Dr. B. Spend countless hours to make sure I was making the informed decision when I initially picked him. If any of guys are interested I am happy to share with you, just PM me. If you guys insist happy to upload the information here.

On the bright note- my dream of LL is still alive and I will be going under knife this June with Dr. Paley. I am doing consultation end of this month and surgery on June 11 (Big Day).  I have to come up with additional $40K to accommodate this change. I was not ready to spend that sort of money but I have to do what make sense with my situation. I have lot of responsibility and cannot turn away. 

I sincerely apologize to Dr. Birkholtz (please forgive me) for his time and the member of this forum for not able to provide the highly anticipated diary. I am also hoping RisingShorty will pick up the slack. I am very thankful to Dr. B for his time, informative email and truly enjoyed talking with him on Skype.

Again, truly sorry and I hope you all will understand!

P.S-
Dameon, can you please add (Incomplete) to the title of this diary.Though incomplete, this diary has some valuable info for posterity.

Hey Cooper,

No worries man. Primarily CLL should make your life better, not worse.
If it ends up resulting in you losing your business, it is not worth it.
Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing how your journey evolves!

theuprising

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »

Hey Cooper now that you are going with Dr Paley have your lengthening goals changed at all
as he seems to offer a little more leeway in how much he will allow than Dr B.
Noticed on my time off work thread mentioning 7.5cm?

I think either Dr would be a good option and you can't go wrong with Paley as he is considered
the top cosmetic LL surgeon.

Would be amazing if you could share your research.

Looking forward to hearing your journey.

alps

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2014, 09:53:47 PM »

Yeah man, please share your research.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2014, 07:26:09 AM »

And then there was one, no need to apologies for anything. You got to do what you got to do and make changes according to the situation.
And yes please to sharing the information on this thread if you dont mind.

Also curious along with the others on here about your goals now that you are going with Dr Paley, considering he lets you lengthen more than Dr B, has your goal in terms of cm gains increased now?

Cooper

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2014, 01:23:21 PM »

Hey Cooper,

No worries man. Primarily CLL should make your life better, not worse.
If it ends up resulting in you losing your business, it is not worth it.
Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing how your journey evolves!

Thanks Dr. B. You are the best! I will keep you abreast on each milestone of LL journey :)

Cooper

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2014, 01:26:39 PM »

And then there was one, no need to apologies for anything. You got to do what you got to do and make changes according to the situation.
And yes please to sharing the information on this thread if you dont mind.

Also curious along with the others on here about your goals now that you are going with Dr Paley, considering he lets you lengthen more than Dr B, has your goal in terms of cm gains increased now?

My plan always been lengthen maximum as my body allows me to. If I get the full 8cm which I doubt it than I might never have to think about CLL any more. I just need to rid of this height neurosis which is sitting on my brain for long time. Leechlet posted on old forum  he does not think of height anymore and feels normal walking at 5 feet 6 inches....will see.

Cooper

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2014, 01:30:27 PM »

Check out below youtube videos....one of the best one!

Cooper

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2014, 01:33:46 PM »

Orthofix...

Cooper

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2014, 01:34:46 PM »

American doctor fellowship with dr. Birkholtz

Cooper

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2014, 01:35:35 PM »

Articles...

Cooper

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2014, 01:36:37 PM »

Precise patient with Dr. B...

Cooper

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2014, 01:43:24 PM »

Dr. B as chairman and course facilitator..

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2014, 03:03:21 PM »

Hope you are fine any update please
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up