Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any advice?  (Read 1285 times)

Peaceout

Any advice?
« on: March 15, 2017, 01:24:19 PM »

About how to deal with the fact that being much shorter than your father?This may sound a little bit silly,but i just cant accept it no matter what i do(psychologically).I mean there was not a single day that i didnt think about this crap since my obsession started.Its continously in my head,i literally dont know any male person around me(i saw few famous people on internet,and this forum but thats all)who is not taller or same height with his father.The idea of all the possibilities i would have if i could just grow to his height or couple cms higher like every other male do is really damaging me inside day by day,and i dont know what to do.I feel like i lost out on something i should have had and this irritates me so hard.I swear the rate of this genetic bug may be around 1 in 500 k or million.So im open to thoughts from other guys around my age or older people who have the same condition..

egocentrical

Re: Any advice?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 01:53:42 PM »

How tall is your father and how tall are you? Also sounds like we can't help since your determined to let it get to you from the way you write - get LL or deal with it, really no other way.

Thick skin and stiff upper lip as us British say.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 05:46:49 PM »

Idk what to rly tell you except visiting a shrink but you aren't the only one.

I'm shorter than my father by 3-4 inches and shorter than my uncles by good 1 and a quarter of a foot.

Alu

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 05:59:29 PM »

It's not a bug and it's not too uncommon really. Yeah it sucks but in all honestly it's just they way you were programmed, which can suck, but it's 100 time better than thinking to yourself that you personally fked yourself over.

Chris

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 06:38:06 PM »

How is your relationship with your father?

I'm way shorter than my father, but it doesn't bug me actually since I'm shorter than most males anyway.
The moment I start to think about our height difference is when we have a fight over things or when he plays the I'm-your-father card (authority).
But I only think about it, it doesn't bug me.
I have a younger brother who is taller than my father. I can't stand him and whenever I have to see him I instantly hate our height difference.
It feels like he is shining more in my family, although he's a total d*ck and has never done as much for my parents as I did.
I don't grand him his appearance and there is also the thinking that I should be taller because I'm the eldest.
It's about how others might see me compared to my family members.

So maybe it could be that you're (subconsciously) feeling threatened by your father and you want to dominate him.
Or you just wish you could fit more in the perfect family picture, because you're afraid of how others possibly see you compared to your family members. You're ashamed of yourself (like I am).

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Peaceout

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 06:57:00 AM »

Thanks for the posts guys.
How is your relationship with your father?

I'm way shorter than my father, but it doesn't bug me actually since I'm shorter than most males anyway.
The moment I start to think about our height difference is when we have a fight over things or when he plays the I'm-your-father card (authority).
But I only think about it, it doesn't bug me.
I have a younger brother who is taller than my father. I can't stand him and whenever I have to see him I instantly hate our height difference.
It feels like he is shining more in my family, although he's a total d*ck and has never done as much for my parents as I did.
I don't grand him his appearance and there is also the thinking that I should be taller because I'm the eldest.
It's about how others might see me compared to my family members.

So maybe it could be that you're (subconsciously) feeling threatened by your father and you want to dominate him.
Or you just wish you could fit more in the perfect family picture, because you're afraid of how others possibly see you compared to your family members. You're ashamed of yourself (like I am).
Im shorter than my older brother too.And for my father,I actually dont care about dominating him or feeling threatened by him,its just i could be taller, i had to be but i didnt,this thing upsets me hard,thats all..But i guess best thing to do is try to accept the fact..

Penguinn

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 08:16:31 AM »

I get what you mean; you feel like you're owed your father's height or more by genetics. However, there are quite a few men shorter than their fathers. In brothers, sometimes one gets the dominant gene and grows taller. If the father and mother are far apart in height, the male child often grows between them. When I was shorter than my dad (by like 2.5") it didn't bother me.

Jack1066

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 12:43:42 AM »

I think short genes are generally dominant and tall ones are generally recessive, incidentally, but I think everyone also has a big mix of tall and short genes and they express themselves in different ways...
Pages: [1]   Go Up