Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summarize of complication rate for for those have done CLL in this forum  (Read 2139 times)

want2btall

Can anyone summarize about how many percentage of people who had done CLL had the complication? What is the worst case and complication that happens frequently?

Worst case - Fat embolism leading to death, amputation, non-recovery leading to disability... the chances of these happening? Low.

Common complications - Muscle contractions, non-union, premature union, misalignment, damage to soft tissues (this is more of a guarantee).

Most complications can be avoided, fixed or reduced to a negligible risk with a high chance of a satisfactory recovery by lengthening a reasonable amount, at a reasonable daily rate with an experienced doctor. Most people will forego one, two or all three of these conditions in their limb lengthening.

jojo

did anyone ever had  the worst case in modern times?

well havent there been some people going back to normal ?

What do you mean by modern times? The last 10 years? Almost definitely. If I recall correctly, a young Spanish girl died during the procedure, there have been users here/old forum who are suspected of not being able to walk properly or being wheelchair bound. You have to remember that this forum represents 0.0001% of all people considering/patients who have undergone limb lengthening and a substantial amount with diaries here have faced numerous complications, specifically misalignment and non-union. Research the diaries.

well havent there been some people going back to normal ?

Define 'normal'. Have people been able to walk without a noticeable limp and too much pain after years of rehabilitation? Yes. This is usually regarded as a good outcome.

Ozymandias

Oh dear... I have a feeling that some infamous member is going to copypaste his broken record here...

What do you mean by modern times? The last 10 years? Almost definitely. If I recall correctly, a young Spanish girl died during the procedure, there have been users here/old forum who are suspected of not being able to walk properly or being wheelchair bound. You have to remember that this forum represents 0.0001% of all people considering/patients who have undergone limb lengthening and a substantial amount with diaries here have faced numerous complications, specifically misalignment and non-union. Research the diaries.

The Spanish girl is not really a cosmetic limb lengthening case, she had achondroplasia

notimportant

He can't because he was banned but he would be right if he said MM was the worst current case in LL.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Ozymandias

He can't because he was banned but he would be right if he said MM was the worst current case in LL.

If you think that there is a single member here who hasn't realized that you and LLuser1 are the same person, you have taken your stupidity to a new level.

Jack1066

You consider walking without a limp a good outcome?

The good outcomes I've read have been better than that.. although bad outcomes seem pretty common too.

I'd call that a bad outcome, actually.

notimportant

Ozymandias you are so aggressive. Calm yourself. You are defending and attacking people you don't know anything about.

Walking without a limp is a very good outcome! Most people have issues after LL.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

TIBIKE200

Ozymandias you are so aggressive. Calm yourself. You are defending and attacking people you don't know anything about.

Walking without a limp is a very good outcome! Most people have issues after LL.

Most people... Can you back up your claims? And please no Musicmaker, Spanish boy, monegal or third world countries please

I learned some stuff during this time

Jack1066

huh. How long after LL,though? I was interpreting that as a permanent limp.

Thatdude950

Pages: [1]   Go Up