Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Losing height from weightlifting and depression/stunted growth  (Read 1896 times)

MrHandsome

Hey guys,

Honestly I have been suffering from testosterone deficiency for a while and also I was very involved in heavy lifting for 5 years straight starting from age 17 onward. Lately I have been having joint pain in my knees and back. I also feel shorter if that makes any sense and relative to other people I know.

Now I have stopped powerlifting completely and am only into bodybuilding at the moment. I am about to start a steroid cycle with testosterone and proviron. During this cycle, I plan to use estrogen blockers to prevent the clavicle plates from closing.

Will this cycle increase my height by any chance? I have been using estrogen blockers for a long time ranging from age 17 onwards. Thank you.

TIBIKE200

Re: Losing height from weightlifting and depression/stunted growth
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 09:10:00 PM »

Powerlifting hasn't stunted your growth. You are short because your genetics made you as such
I learned some stuff during this time

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 09:54:54 PM »

Genetics is stupid mostrar of the times.
Budget will determine my future.

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 09:58:43 PM »

You started weightlifting before 5 years at 17.
So you are 22 right now?
If yes you stopped growing for years.

But if your question is if weightlifting would decrease your height, if you have good technique and no injuries then it won't.
It would compress your spine of course when you lift weights but when you go to sleep the other morning your height will be again the same because your spine will be decompressed.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 11:07:12 PM »

If you are having joint pains in your knees and back I'd advise you to watch your form and watch your exercise selection.

Exercises such as leg extensions will destroy your knees, abusive crap form in the leg press and squat will also not help, people who train in commercial gyms will develop poor form generally by copying others in the gym who also have terrible form. Poor form curling weights is also a big factor for back pain as is crap deadlift form. If you deadlift ditch deadlifts and do Romanian deadlifts instead you need less weight and imo work the muscles far better.

Most injuries in gyms come from poor form, poor exercise selection and excessive frequency

I'd advise you to stay away from steroids once you train on them it's very difficult to train without them. Most people have no idea how to use them either. Stay away from steroids.

Weight training to attract women is also a waste of time if that's what you are doing it for

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 11:19:50 PM »

Bigpoppa (a Steiner's fan too I guess) I agree with everything except from the last sentence.
Of course the main reason for working out should not be women but imo a built body helps a lot.

MrHandsome

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 02:17:13 AM »

You started weightlifting before 5 years at 17.
So you are 22 right now?
If yes you stopped growing for years.

But if your question is if weightlifting would decrease your height, if you have good technique and no injuries then it won't.
It would compress your spine of course when you lift weights but when you go to sleep the other morning your height will be again the same because your spine will be decompressed.

Yeah maybe in height but again numerous sources have corroborated that frame grows until 25 although that conviction and perception may be questionable.

I should have started steroids from 17 onward but at least I am going to start soon before it is too late. It's not just height that women are attracted to it's dimorphism. That is something that is important as well and that is something that steroids can aggrandize.

It might be too late for me. Honestly I should have started steroids early doing cycles of testosterone only.

vegeta24

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 03:16:47 AM »

your frame won't grow. just because you're taking estrogen blockers you're avoiding the inevitable. Also estrogen keeps the growth plates open not close. Taking test like you said will just make your growth plates close quick. Frame is 100% genetic just like height.

Body Builder

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 06:08:33 AM »

Taking steroids from 17 would have easily stopped your growth sooner.
Taking test closes your growth plates fast although at 17 the majority of men have already stopped growing.

MrHandsome

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 06:27:59 AM »

Yes I understand that. That is why I would have taken estrogen blockers with the testosterone. Anyway I am just going to run the test and then see what happens.I am expecting nothing though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up