Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What causes sloping shoulders? Could surgery correct this?  (Read 4646 times)

bruce.lee

• Visitor

Hi, I am from Asia. Something common in Asian men I see is downward sloping shoulders. I cannot understand why some individuals have sloping shoulders or straight shoulders, the clavicle seem to be the same shape in everyone and has slight curve. I have looked at xrays and cannot pin-point why this is. Is it really the shape of the trapezius muscle that set the shoulder shape? Is it the height of the scapula? Can clavicle osteotomy change shoulder shape? Can it be corrected with a brace? It makes me look like I have bad posture and it is not nice aesthetic wise. Does anyone have good understanding of human anatomy and understand why this is? I cannot find any answer about the reason on the internet just (how you were built). If human body/bones can adapt (not grow) differently even after growth plates are closed can shoulder shape be changed if it was forced to stay straight with something or by surgery?

Example sloped shoulders- http://imgur.com/a/Rrzsi
Example- Square, straight shoulders- http://imgur.com/a/UqIhu

I am not talking not only about the shoulder width, but the actual shape. I walk around with arms up so I appear not to have sloped shoulders. It makes me look like I have bad posture even though posture is good. Is there any realistic way to alter the shape of the shoulders?

X-ray of straight shoulder http://imgur.com/a/SLfqN
X-ray of sloped shoulder http://imgur.com/a/MSVRI

As you can see clavicle shape looks the same in everyone, but in xray you can tell he has sloped down shoulders compared to straight shoulders. I cannot understand why and want to know if this can be corrected somehow.

doomsday

Re: What causes sloping shoulders? Could surgery correct this?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »

OMG you cannot be that unintelligent. 2 different photos with different flexing poses.

bruce.lee

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 05:37:43 PM »

Here you go smart guy

http://imgur.com/a/MSVRI I know pose are different but that not the point. When his shoulders relaxed they are still straight.

doomsday

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 05:42:06 PM »

how about you post your photos so we actually can know what the hell youre talking about?

bruce.lee

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 05:49:35 PM »

http://imgur.com/a/MSVRI Do you understand now? It simple. Some people shoulders slope down and others are straight. I want to understand why and if it possible to fix.

doomsday

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »

so you want to get surgery coz you dont like the shape of your shoulder? You should go to psychiatrist. This is first world problem for sure.

Body Builder

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 06:17:27 PM »

You can do exercises for deltoids and if they get bigger they would look more up. But no, you can do much and of course only someone crazy would have consider surgery for something like that, even if there was one, like clavicle lengthening I saw somewhere in this forum.

And after all here is a forum for LL, not for anything (crazy most of the times) that someone want to change on his body!

vegeta24

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 06:51:16 PM »

I don't know if people troll when they give advice or what, working out your delts will not change your shoulder shape or increase it or make it look more "up". I'm currently looking into clavicle lengthening and plan on getting it done and the recovery time is only 6-8 weeks and where the procedure is done is not even close to any nerves. I don't know if it's possible to change the actual shape, I think it has to do with position of the scapula after my research. You're better off just looking to get the procedure done and not trying to modify the actual shape. I think the lesson here is do not ask for other procedures other than LL because they will just assume you're crazy lol.

If you have a small frame before lifting, you're going to have a small frame after lifting period. It's unfortunate but thankfully there are now ways to fix it.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 06:43:23 AM »

Dosent it seem a bit different like how your shoulders are sloped in one but with different poses?
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 12:24:17 PM »

I don't know if people troll when they give advice or what, working out your delts will not change your shoulder shape or increase it or make it look more "up". I'm currently looking into clavicle lengthening and plan on getting it done and the recovery time is only 6-8 weeks and where the procedure is done is not even close to any nerves. I don't know if it's possible to change the actual shape, I think it has to do with position of the scapula after my research. You're better off just looking to get the procedure done and not trying to modify the actual shape. I think the lesson here is do not ask for other procedures other than LL because they will just assume you're crazy lol.

If you have a small frame before lifting, you're going to have a small frame after lifting period. It's unfortunate but thankfully there are now ways to fix it.
If you have a small frame, just 2-3 linger clavicles won't change the way you look while working out will put muscles on your bones and will make you feel much bigger.
I've seen many ectomorphs to look very good and much bigger after working out.

You can't change everything in your body with surgeries. Sometimes you should just accept that you won't never become like Cutler but you can still improve a lot via working out. And that should be enough for everyone.
Only height can't be imoroved physically, anything else in the body can become better with hard work.

vegeta24

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 01:13:54 PM »

If you put a skinny mesomorph next to an ectomorph that lifts the mesomorph will look bigger. If anything shoulder width is more frustrating than height because having a small frame means you can hold less muscle than a mesomorph in the first place. Also people care more about arm length here and do AL. No one even notices your arms subconsciously. Having a small frame will make you look more disproportionate at a taller height, it just looks bad. Working out naturally won't compensate for a small frame.

RealTrump

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 02:35:18 PM »

so you want to get surgery coz you dont like the shape of your shoulder? You should go to psychiatrist. This is first world problem for sure.

We've heard it all here folks. First we had people who wanted to lengthen their legs, then pelvic lengthening. Now a guy that wants to do his shoulders.

google42

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 02:38:10 PM »

We've heard it all here folks. First we had people who wanted to lengthen their legs, then pelvic lengthening. Now a guy that wants to do his shoulders.

Don't forget arm and torso lengthening.

onemorefoot

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 06:56:41 PM »

And dont forget iq lengthening
Budget will determine my future.

Thatdude950

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »

Proving what we knew all along- this is a board for body dysmorphia. Changing your legs or your shoulders won't make any difference. I have sloped shoulders too btw, & so do plenty of attractive athletes. So be it.

Body Builder

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 10:25:36 AM »

If you put a skinny mesomorph next to an ectomorph that lifts the mesomorph will look bigger. If anything shoulder width is more frustrating than height because having a small frame means you can hold less muscle than a mesomorph in the first place. Also people care more about arm length here and do AL. No one even notices your arms subconsciously. Having a small frame will make you look more disproportionate at a taller height, it just looks bad. Working out naturally won't compensate for a small frame.
The majority of tall men are ectomorphs and most of the times, especially if they are thin, they look close to skinny.
So it is not something rare for a tall man to look skinnier than an average or even short man.
So yes, arm lengthening is really unnecessary for at least 90% of llers who did even 2 lls but clavicle lengthening is a joke. Completely unnecessary and if your frame is small, it is still gona be small but with 2-3 cms broader shoulders. You are gonna look like a T.

Tall doesn't mean large body frame.
Of course a large body frame with a good height is ideal but there is no need to have the first to get LL. And of course it is a crazy idea to think that without clavicle lengthening (which for a good reason hardly any doctor does) you won't look good if you do LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up