Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many uears after recovery will I be able to fight on street?  (Read 2923 times)

DreamKamchatka

Considering both bone and soft tissue recovery

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: How many uears after recovery will I be able to fight on street?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:53:14 PM »

I'm sorry but the topic cracked me up lol

Iamready

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:17:02 PM »

going to take a while for that.

The Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 10:28:50 PM »

Considering both bone and soft tissue recovery

Soft tissue will not recover at all like a pre-operation, it will be stretched the rest of your life but you can handle it later

notimportant

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »

After LL you should better hire bodyguards not fight yourself
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Iamready

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 11:23:07 PM »

One of the challenges I deal with now is when I trip I am a lot less stable and I don't scurry to catch myself from falling as quickly as I did before.  Fight training should help me with that.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 11:45:54 PM »

that fking sucks cause my dream is to be a mixed martial artist. sweden claims his recovery is crap but i think he looked quite normal in the pic with his gi on

Bander72

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 01:50:55 AM »

that fking sucks cause my dream is to be a mixed martial artist. sweden claims his recovery is crap but i think he looked quite normal in the pic with his gi on

Remember you wont be the same athletically wise and you probably going for more than 7 cm so that is defitnely true. They would pick off your legs in each fight.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Body Builder

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 02:22:17 AM »

I am not very stable but I'm still capable in fighting due to my muscle power. Maybe I am 20% less capable compared to before LL but I'm still capable enough for fighting and I'm not afraid the majority of men.

midnightninja

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 03:50:41 AM »

You have new legs brother it's going to take time and learning for your body to be adjusted to your new self.

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 07:33:12 PM »

Remember you wont be the same athletically wise and you probably going for more than 7 cm so that is defitnely true. They would pick off your legs in each fight.

yea my muscle/skin/nerve barriers will be too stretched to take kicks

The Kaiser

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 10:13:30 PM »

What do you mean by pick off your leg? do you mean he will easily injured because he did the surgery?

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 12:25:44 AM »

What do you mean by pick off your leg? do you mean he will easily injured because he did the surgery?

yes thats what he meant. however, guichet says that the new bone will be as good as the original pre-ll bone

The Kaiser

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 10:33:22 PM »

yes thats what he meant. however, guichet says that the new bone will be as good as the original pre-ll bone

The new bone will be stronger, but the stretched unnatural force to the tissue will make it hard, About your case, i like MMA and i had fights before. I will tell you one thing its hard for us to leave things we love, but lets talk rationally, we cant compete after this crap surgery, not professionally at least, so think about practice it as fun if you did the surgery. I stopped myself and it was very hard for me to decide, Good luck.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 04:41:55 AM »

There may be a way to minimise soft tissue lengthening by keeping lengthening under or at 20% of limb length and lengthening .5 to .6mm max a day and by stretching your soft tissue out for a few years. Still there will be a degree of soft tissue damage that may or may not be preventable. You might be able to take someone in the street but for MMA? I doubt so.
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

paco1

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 08:40:37 AM »

I did my tibias lengthening two years ago and i need much more time to fight.
you need 3 years as minimum.

The Kaiser

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 12:47:02 PM »

I did my tibias lengthening two years ago and i need much more time to fight.
you need 3 years as minimum.

Can you walk normally now and enjoy your life? what make you unable to fight now, can you describe it?

The Kaiser

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 12:48:10 PM »

There may be a way to minimise soft tissue lengthening by keeping lengthening under or at 20% of limb length and lengthening .5 to .6mm max a day and by stretching your soft tissue out for a few years. Still there will be a degree of soft tissue damage that may or may not be preventable. You might be able to take someone in the street but for MMA? I doubt so.

Wrong, and 0.5 mm for femur may face pre consolidation. Let us not lying to our-self

crimsontide

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 03:52:43 PM »

One major issue  that will severely impact martial arts ability after LL

Lack of balance. I  thought it was unique to me because of my achilles lengthening but it seems that  almost everyone says the same thing.  You lose a lot of your balance. I accidentally tripped yesterday and before LL I would have easily recovered, but not now. I   stumbled and almost fell down. Gotta be more careful after LL

paco1

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 04:05:13 PM »

I"m walking somes days 4horas, 2 in the beach, and 2 in the afternoom with shoes.
I"m walking normally but i need more strength in my quads.
I feel my legs weakers to do others things.

paco1

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »

You can do box, but others martial arts with legs movements are difficults.
Perhaps in many years after lengthening.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 04:29:05 PM »

Thats just what I heard on a chinese doctors page. Im just kind of repeating it.

taieruya

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 06:40:02 PM »

Lack of balance. I  thought it was unique to me because of my achilles lengthening but it seems that  almost everyone says the same thing.  You lose a lot of your balance. I accidentally tripped yesterday and before LL I would have easily recovered, but not now. I   stumbled and almost fell down. Gotta be more careful after LL

How much did you lengthen? I would think that the more you lengthen the worse your balance would be.
Hoping to do LL in 2019 or 2020.

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 08:25:04 PM »

The new bone will be stronger, but the stretched unnatural force to the tissue will make it hard, About your case, i like MMA and i had fights before. I will tell you one thing its hard for us to leave things we love, but lets talk rationally, we cant compete after this crap surgery, not professionally at least, so think about practice it as fun if you did the surgery. I stopped myself and it was very hard for me to decide, Good luck.

Makes sense, problem isn't the bone it's the skin tissue as i guessed. It sucks for anyone to quit doing what they've always wanted to do because of injuries/ this case LL. Maybe one day i'll be 70%.

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »

Also i wanted to add that along with the skin tissues being stretched another issue is the muscles because those too are being stretched. I heard achondroplasia patients can do like 15-20cm with no issues correlating with skin tissue because they already have alot of skin tissue in their legs but i dont know if thats true.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 09:09:17 PM »

Since when is skin the issue? I thought that muscles and tendons were always the biggest issue. Skin can stretch, just look at fat people and how much excess skin they have after losing the fat. I doubt they can no longer to martial arts because of their skin.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

notimportant

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 10:41:34 PM »

Not skin tissue (no sense), soft tissue in general.
Most people get side effects from LL. Most people can't fight. Bodyguards are your solution.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Sweden

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 09:38:25 AM »

It can be done but it's difficult. Much more difficult if you pass 5cm.
I did 7cm and I can fight. But it's nowhere near the level I was before. Then again, I reached the world championship in Taekwondo before my LL.
Sometimes it's very difficult for me to accept my current state I'm in right now when I see what I need to do, but my body doesn't respond to it. That's life, but it's too early for me somehow. I know it's bc of my LL and Xlegs but still.

I can run. I'm still fast. If the weather is good on Sunday I will do a new video. It's been a while now.
I broke my foot bc of Xlegs and that healed up very bad 2 years ago. That foot bothers me every day and I even need tramadol sometimes just to cope with it.

I'm still very flexible. I can still do the splits, even though it is a bit more difficult now. But still better than 90% of the worlds population =)

I got myself a new high paid job and the attention from females is clearly noticeable.

I'm still married - to the same woman.

I'm still thinking of doing 4cm on my femurs but on a good day I'm 181cm and feel very good about myself. =)
With some lifts in my shoes I'm around 185cm and the attention I get is crazy! Life has become much better - just not in sports though.

Don't pass 5cm on tibia.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 03:11:18 PM »

It can be done but it's difficult. Much more difficult if you pass 5cm.
I did 7cm and I can fight. But it's nowhere near the level I was before. Then again, I reached the world championship in Taekwondo before my LL.
Sometimes it's very difficult for me to accept my current state I'm in right now when I see what I need to do, but my body doesn't respond to it. That's life, but it's too early for me somehow. I know it's bc of my LL and Xlegs but still.

I can run. I'm still fast. If the weather is good on Sunday I will do a new video. It's been a while now.
I broke my foot bc of Xlegs and that healed up very bad 2 years ago. That foot bothers me every day and I even need tramadol sometimes just to cope with it.

I'm still very flexible. I can still do the splits, even though it is a bit more difficult now. But still better than 90% of the worlds population =)

I got myself a new high paid job and the attention from females is clearly noticeable.

I'm still married - to the same woman.

I'm still thinking of doing 4cm on my femurs but on a good day I'm 181cm and feel very good about myself. =)
With some lifts in my shoes I'm around 185cm and the attention I get is crazy! Life has become much better - just not in sports though.

Don't pass 5cm on tibia.

Yeah but Im only 162-163cm. I need to get 6cm at least to be reasonable height at 169, which is nearly average male height in my country. Can I just do 6cm properly prepare and slow down my lengthening since Im doing external tibia?
Pages: [1]   Go Up