Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weight before/after LL? etc.  (Read 2233 times)

biggerdreams

Weight before/after LL? etc.
« on: May 28, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »

Hello all,

Long-time lurker here but have been thinking of LL off and on for 15 years. I'm finally in a position to move forward with it and the forums have been such a great tool to answer almost all of my questions.

Sorry if this one has been answered before but I haven't seen it addressed and I've been reading these forums for years.

How has "normal" weight been effected after LL? I wonder if your weight would be the normal weight of a +6cm person etc.

Also wondering if there is any change to testosterone levels as it is studied that taller men have higher test levels.

KrP1

Re: Weight before/after LL? etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 10:11:37 PM »

i dont think that my weight changed , it is almost the same with 6,5cm more

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 11:24:44 PM »

Hello all,

Long-time lurker here but have been thinking of LL off and on for 15 years. I'm finally in a position to move forward with it and the forums have been such a great tool to answer almost all of my questions.

Sorry if this one has been answered before but I haven't seen it addressed and I've been reading these forums for years.

How has "normal" weight been effected after LL? I wonder if your weight would be the normal weight of a +6cm person etc.

Also wondering if there is any change to testosterone levels as it is studied that taller men have higher test levels.

This is not natural growth where if you grew 6.5cms naturally you'd also grow wider and wider from the side on. This is simply making me limb longer vs the laws of nature. Where if you grew 6.5cms taller naturally you'd likely gain 10-15lbs all over in bodyweight due to other areas growing proportionately. You wont gain any weight. You will also lose muscle during this process through lengthy inactivity. And the answer to the testosterone thing as well is no as well.

biggerdreams

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 02:11:57 AM »

That makes total sense although there must be a physical weight to the new bone, muscle, etc. Even if it is nominal, like <10lbs.

What about multiple segment lengthening? It would be odd to be 10+cm taller and still weigh the same? Maybe it's just me.

Dhdhdjuru

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 11:34:55 PM »

Well, if you were to work out then it would change I assume. Comon you cant just gain 10cm and the weight just stays the same.
167cm Morning & 166.7 Evening.
Goal: 182cm, Tibia and Femur 14-15cm.
Possibly in Russia during Summer of 2019.

Jack1066

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 10:27:43 AM »

Bone weight is pretty light and you will be putting on your weight mostly in the bone.

I'm sure people do gain some weight with LL but I am guessing it is only something (at a guess) like 2 lbs or less with every inch. And at the time you won't notice it because of muscle atrophy.

Frost

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 03:50:06 AM »

I'm about to start my limb lengthening journey in October, going to lengthen 7.5cm in Volgrodad with Dr. Barinov. I'm personally real nervous that I'm going to loss a ton of weight during the process. I am 5'6'' 180lbs, I carry a lot of muscle mass, probably about 12 percent body fat. I know that me not being able to strength train my upper and lower body is going to be detrimental for all my muscle gains. But skeletal muscle has "muscle memory" so hopefully I can gain all my muscle mass back after my 10 month journey (hopefully that long lol)
5'6.5'' lengthened 6.5cm in Volgograd with Dr. Barinov OP: October 25th 2017. 5'9" currently with IM nail. Personally don't recommend doing LL at this clinic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up