Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gaining muscle mass increased my height?  (Read 2678 times)

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
Gaining muscle mass increased my height?
« on: June 02, 2017, 12:46:46 PM »

Hello everyone! I haven't been active recently because I was pretty heavily involved in an exercise program and long story short, I've grown from 53kg to 60kg, dropping my bf from 19% to 10%. Another thing I noticed during my exercise program was a small height increase from 5'4 (162.8cm) to barely 5'5 (164.8cm). Anyone have similar experiences?
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

YungGud

Re: Gaining muscle mass increased my height?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 01:04:15 PM »

How old are you?
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

TIBIKE200

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 01:32:46 PM »

If you did it naturally (Aren't you taking testosterone in order to become a male?) or even with steroids you should see a small height increase because of better posture due to the strengthening of the muscles which help keep the posture intact
I learned some stuff during this time

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 06:30:59 AM »

I am 17 years old this year. I was taking Test to restore my hormone levels to their natural balance, but my initial height increase was from 161 to 162.8cm. I noticed an even further increase in height, so I'm not sure if it's due to Test or from gaining muscle mass.

Body Builder

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 11:21:27 AM »

I am 17 years old this year. I was taking Test to restore my hormone levels to their natural balance, but my initial height increase was from 161 to 162.8cm. I noticed an even further increase in height, so I'm not sure if it's due to Test or from gaining muscle mass.
It's not from any of that.
You are still young and you are still growing.
Testosterone doesn't help in height as it closes the bones faster so there is a chance to harm your growing with that.
Working out also won't make any difference. It promotes hgh which theoritically would help in height but it increases also testosterone levels which as I said, doesn't help.
I was working out since 15 yo but I haven't grown even an inch since then.

So you got taller a little because you are still growing. You may gain another inch if you are lucky but I don't expect anything spectacular at your age. But even at your current height you'll be good with one LL as with ucm more you'll be completely average at your country, even taller.

helloworld

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 01:47:29 PM »

It's not from any of that.
You are still young and you are still growing.
Testosterone doesn't help in height as it closes the bones faster so there is a chance to harm your growing with that.
Working out also won't make any difference. It promotes hgh which theoritically would help in height but it increases also testosterone levels which as I said, doesn't help.
I was working out since 15 yo but I haven't grown even an inch since then.

So you got taller a little because you are still growing. You may gain another inch if you are lucky but I don't expect anything spectacular at your age. But even at your current height you'll be good with one LL as with ucm more you'll be completely average at your country, even taller.
Body Builder, you are one of the most smartest guys in this forum. So this is a rare case in which in my information is different from yours, and this small difference could make a big difference to cole slaw.
To my knowledge, your bones close not because of testosterone but estrogen. Of course, testoterone and estrogen are very similar and in fact get converted to each other. That is why body builders, that take testoreone, also get an increase in estrogen, and it is this estrogen that can cause man boops as well as closing the bones.
It is possible to suppress the testorone -> estrogen converion by aromatase inhibitors, like Clomifen and Tamoxifen, substances that are available over the counter and cost like 5 USD. Those substances prevent testosterone being converted to estrogen, and thus prevent closing of your bones, if they are not closed yet.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 03:53:24 PM »

Body Builder, you are one of the most smartest guys in this forum. So this is a rare case in which in my information is different from yours, and this small difference could make a big difference to cole slaw.
To my knowledge, your bones close not because of testosterone but estrogen. Of course, testoterone and estrogen are very similar and in fact get converted to each other. That is why body builders, that take testoreone, also get an increase in estrogen, and it is this estrogen that can cause man boops as well as closing the bones.
It is possible to suppress the testorone -> estrogen converion by aromatase inhibitors, like Clomifen and Tamoxifen, substances that are available over the counter and cost like 5 USD. Those substances prevent testosterone being converted to estrogen, and thus prevent closing of your bones, if they are not closed yet.
Thank you for your kind words.
Maybe you are right, but still I knew that bbers who took testo and steroids from a very young age, harmed their growth like Lee Priest. Maybe the problem was they didn't suppress the estrogens as you mentioned but still I don't think that testosterone helps in height.
Kids who have got in puberty sooner  (like me who I grow facial hair at 14 while other children don't have even in 17-18) most of the times stop growing in height sooner than children who have hit puberty later. So the sooner you have a lot of testosterone the sooner the growth stops from my experience. The same happens of course with girls too but with estrogen.

So I don't know exactly the role of testo in height but I don't think that taking it will help you get taller even when you still growing.
That's why doctors prescribe hgh to short children and not testo.

YungGud

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »

Thank you for your kind words.
Maybe you are right, but still I knew that bbers who took testo and steroids from a very young age, harmed their growth like Lee Priest. Maybe the problem was they didn't suppress the estrogens as you mentioned but still I don't think that testosterone helps in height.
Kids who have got in puberty sooner  (like me who I grow facial hair at 14 while other children don't have even in 17-18) most of the times stop growing in height sooner than children who have hit puberty later. So the sooner you have a lot of testosterone the sooner the growth stops from my experience. The same happens of course with girls too but with estrogen.

So I don't know exactly the role of testo in height but I don't think that taking it will help you get taller even when you still growing.
That's why doctors prescribe hgh to short children and not testo.
Are there any relations between facial hair and human height?
i didn't have noticeable facial hair until now (21) and i stop growing at the age of 18.
those that i had at 18 were really tiny and growing randomly.
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Body Builder

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 09:00:33 PM »

Are there any relations between facial hair and human height?
i didn't have noticeable facial hair until now (21) and i stop growing at the age of 18.
those that i had at 18 were really tiny and growing randomly.
Puberty has. The earlier you hit puberty the less most of the times height you'll have.

But if someone doesn't have facial hair even after puberty, then this has not to do with when he reached puberty.

But for men who have facial hair, the earlier they have the more possible it is to stop growing.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 01:17:45 AM »

Well that is a pleasant surprise. The xrays given to me by my doctor indicated that my growth plates have fused. I happen to have very low esteogen levels now; less than even most men.
Pages: [1]   Go Up