Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Manohar Babu kv (Apollo hospitals, Bangalore, India)  (Read 5506 times)

rami

Dr Manohar Babu kv (Apollo hospitals, Bangalore, India)
« on: June 03, 2017, 06:01:45 AM »

Does anyone know this doctor?

Doctors email:

For 5 cm lengthening​it will take 6-7 months for crutches walking
I use lengthening over nail technique
The cost of treatment is around 8000 USD

Iceaphicha

• Visitor
Re: Dr Manohar Babu kv (Apollo hospitals, Bangalore, India)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 07:04:06 AM »

This is what I like to read. It is really helpful.

HARI

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 08:44:42 AM »

So after reading the post i went to look up this doctor. He is in JP nagar Bengaluru. He runs a small clinic there consultation time everyday from 5:30PM .

DURING THE APPOINTMENT
1)He was ready to do the surgery no questions asked initially.
2) 2 lakhs INR is the cost per leg as of today
3)Has not performed any cosmetic limb lengthening but has used the monorail external fixator for stature lengthening other than cosmetic it seems.
4)Appointment fee is 1000 INR.
5)He performs the operation in one of the hospitals he works probable Apollo hospitals Bengaluru.

Feel like whatever he said dint make any sense can anyone comment pls

I am 161cm want to b more than 166. he said me to lengthen to 167.5cm so i wil end up in 166 or 167cm. He says 0.75mm per day so 67.5mm / 0.75mm= 90 days( lengthening period) add 100 days more ( consolidation period) to walk. meaning i can walk without any aid after 200-250 days after the surgery.After the first 100 days ( lengthening period) i can use crutches and walk .
what i dont understand is that he says during the lengthening period i should be completely in the wheelchair no weight on my legs
and lengthening only starts 1 week after the surgery the one week u simply dont do anything.
He asks  to stay at the hospital for first 100 days ( lengthening period) or somewhere nearby, but is ok with sending the patient home after 3 days of surgery.
5 lakhs total includes
A) Surgery +hospital stay for 3 days
B)All medicines and xrays and scans reqd will be taken for free at the hospital during the lengthening period.
whats not inclusive
1) further mini surgeries reqd in case if necessary
2) removal of the rod inside after the lengthening
ALL I WANNA KNOW IS DOES THIS SOUND OK AND NORMAL?ESPECIALLY THE NO WALKING DURING LENTHENING PERIOD AND THAT IT WIL ONLY TAKE ABOUT 250 DAYS BEFORE I COULD WALK AGAIN.
thanks be sure to comment.
Feeling so screwed up and confused that i dunno if i should do the surgery with him or not.

Android

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 09:09:17 AM »

HARI,

You can walk with crutches during lengthening if you do LON (lengthening over nail). After the lengthening phase, you will still want to use crutches until your bones are fully consolidated and strong. Once your doctor says you're OK, you can stop using your crutches.

What you typed out seems pretty normal to me. I recommend that you ask the doctor to get you in touch with some of his past patients to get their opinion on him. Just tell him that you want to know what the procedure is like from another patient's perspective.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

AimHigh

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 04:32:21 AM »

Hi Mate,
This doesn't sound right to me either, 6cm LON CLL of Tib/Fib lengthening should require max 90 days (eg 10 days post op resting, then 80 days lengthening at 1 to 0.75 mm per day depending upon nerves/pain/ballerina).
After that then immediately comes the frame removal/Nail fixation operation, then you should be weight bearing/crutches within a few days PostOp, and walking without crutches (slowly though) in only a week or two max.
For 6cm I personally would allow myself ~ 90 days + 42 days = 133 days i.e = 4.5 months to be walking quite well unassisted (not running !!) - with a reasonable gait (maybe some ballerina).
I have had a 8cm and 5.5 cm internal rod CLL on my femurs, I have some idea of the pain/process.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2
Pages: [1]   Go Up