Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I lengthen femurs or Tibias?  (Read 1528 times)

Mattpanther

• Visitor
Should I lengthen femurs or Tibias?
« on: June 03, 2017, 01:21:11 PM »

Hey I'm 16 I'm 175cm I was wondering if any of you guys could help me decide proportion wise what I should lengthen
My femurs from hip joint to knee are 51cm my Tibias are 43cm from ankle to knee indentation (where the bones separate).
My sitting height is 93-94cm
My arm spam is the same as my height
Any help is appreciated thanks :)

Body Builder

Re: Should I lengthen femurs or Tibias?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »

Hey I'm 16 I'm 175cm I was wondering if any of you guys could help me decide proportion wise what I should lengthen
My femurs from hip joint to knee are 51cm my Tibias are 43cm from ankle to knee indentation (where the bones separate).
My sitting height is 93-94cm
My arm spam is the same as my height
Any help is appreciated thanks :)
First of all you may gain about 1-2 inches more before stop growing and not have any benefit of doing LL.

But if you stop at this height, do 5-6 cm in tibias and you'll look fine.
You don't need a major lengthening at your initial height so longer tibias will look better aesthetically than longer (than your current ones I mean) femurs, are cheaper and don't have major risks at this amount.

Anyone who wants max 6cm height imo should do tibias as the risks are not big and aesthetically are better looking with only drawback the discomfort from external fixator.

vegeta24

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »

At your age and your height stay away from any talk of this surgery for now. Come back in a few years and see how you feel then.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:36:20 PM »

I agree, you are too young, you still have the chance of growing. Go to an endocrinologist to see if your growth cartilage is still active and maybe you can have growth hormone (I've seen people respond to it and growing around 5 cm after age 15-16 to 21).

If not, you can wait a few years either way, start saving in case you need the surgery and decide then. If you do the surgery early you will have a much easier recovery and less pain. If money is not a problem I would recommend internal femurs because the recovery is much much faster compared to externals. Wait for the new Precise nail which will be weight bearing.

Another possibility is doing external (pure, don't do LATN or LON) tibia, it will be more painful, more uncomfortable, and the recovery will be slower but you are young and you don't have any responsibility. You can easily take a year off or 2 to do lengthening and recovering.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient
Pages: [1]   Go Up