Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brb6ftTall - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2017  (Read 19437 times)

TIBIKE200

Re: Brb6ftTall - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2017
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 06:53:54 AM »

How much did you lengthen in the end?

Btw, I think you can forget to squat normally... Proportions wont allow that...
I learned some stuff during this time

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 07:31:59 AM »

How much did you lengthen in the end?

Btw, I think you can forget to squat normally... Proportions wont allow that...

I stopped at 7.6cm. I don’t regret not going to 8cm.

I looked up videos of squatting with longer femurs, some of the tips in that help but yeah it might just be that I’m not meant to do squats. I’m uncertain what I should be doing to replace squats though.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 07:47:15 AM »

I stopped at 7.6cm. I don’t regret not going to 8cm.

I looked up videos of squatting with longer femurs, some of the tips in that help but yeah it might just be that I’m not meant to do squats. I’m uncertain what I should be doing to replace squats though.

No offence, but the "longer femur videos" are for people who might have slightly longer femurs. I doubt you have the length of femurs to someone naturally your height after you lengthened so much.
  You can do sumo deadlifts instead
I learned some stuff during this time

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2018, 08:13:32 AM »

No offence, but the "longer femur videos" are for people who might have slightly longer femurs. I doubt you have the length of femurs to someone naturally your height after you lengthened so much.
  You can do sumo deadlifts instead

No offense taken lol. Like I said, I’m probably just not meant to do squats. I heard walking lunges are good for quads and glutes too. I’ll look into sumo deadlifts, thanks a lot for the suggestion.

MirinHeight

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2018, 05:03:11 AM »

No offense taken lol. Like I said, I’m probably just not meant to do squats. I heard walking lunges are good for quads and glutes too. I’ll look into sumo deadlifts, thanks a lot for the suggestion.

what do you mean by running is weird?

how long did it take for you to get back 100% to your normal walking gait?

do you wish you lengthened less than 7.6 cm?

Thnx man!
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2018, 09:34:51 PM »

what do you mean by running is weird?

how long did it take for you to get back 100% to your normal walking gait?

do you wish you lengthened less than 7.6 cm?

Thnx man!

I’m not getting the full range of motion, it feels like I’m just stomping really fast. This could be due to a lot of reasons:

1. Poor flexibility (when you do LL you lose all of it pretty much, I couldn’t even cross my legs or get anywhere near touching my toes)
2. Rods haven’t been removed. I’ve heard reports of running getting better after rod removal, but I don’t know.
3. I’m just not used to running yet lol.

Its probably 1 or more of these reasons, but i’ll Be sure to let you all know when it gets better.

Gait was not nearly as bad as people say it is. I was probably 80% normal only a week after being allowed to walk (which was 3 weeks post lengthening), 90% after a month and 99% until sometime recently. I say 99% because though I would look completely normal in a mirror and to other people, something just felt “off” but it wasn’t something I or anyone else could actually see. But recently, as in the last month or so, I’ve felt back to 100% and don’t think about walking anymore. A lot of that could be mental though, so I may have been back at 100% a while ago.

I 100% do not regret going less. Honestly I wouldn’t even think it’s worth it to go less. The only reason I’d do less is if I was either doing tibia as well, say 5cm femur and 3 cm tibia or something, or if I was already 5’10 or higher.. but then I probably wouldn’t have wanted LL anyways.

MirinHeight

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2018, 11:10:09 PM »

I’m not getting the full range of motion, it feels like I’m just stomping really fast. This could be due to a lot of reasons:

1. Poor flexibility (when you do LL you lose all of it pretty much, I couldn’t even cross my legs or get anywhere near touching my toes)
2. Rods haven’t been removed. I’ve heard reports of running getting better after rod removal, but I don’t know.
3. I’m just not used to running yet lol.

Its probably 1 or more of these reasons, but i’ll Be sure to let you all know when it gets better.

Gait was not nearly as bad as people say it is. I was probably 80% normal only a week after being allowed to walk (which was 3 weeks post lengthening), 90% after a month and 99% until sometime recently. I say 99% because though I would look completely normal in a mirror and to other people, something just felt “off” but it wasn’t something I or anyone else could actually see. But recently, as in the last month or so, I’ve felt back to 100% and don’t think about walking anymore. A lot of that could be mental though, so I may have been back at 100% a while ago.

I 100% do not regret going less. Honestly I wouldn’t even think it’s worth it to go less. The only reason I’d do less is if I was either doing tibia as well, say 5cm femur and 3 cm tibia or something, or if I was already 5’10 or higher.. but then I probably wouldn’t have wanted LL anyways.

thnx man and good luck on your recovery!
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

myloginacct

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2018, 03:41:28 AM »

Quickly skimmed the through thread, but didn't see any link to x-rays (or pics).

(My apologies if I missed anything.)

LAGrowin

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2018, 11:06:21 PM »

Hi,

Brb6FTtall helped me tremendously by sharing his experience with me directly. Even through my lengthening he has guided me in somewhat knowing what the timing is for certain issues/improvements. He is also the reason I ended up deciding on Dr. M over 1 year ago.

LAGrowin

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2018, 02:38:20 AM »

Quickly skimmed the through thread, but didn't see any link to x-rays (or pics).

(My apologies if I missed anything.)

I posted X-Rays on page 2, look again.

Quick update for the rest of you guys: I’ve been squatting for about a month now, had to stretch my quads to get the motion but I can do it now. Currently up to 95 lbs, as well as doing a plate on each side for leg press. Life is pretty good I’d say, my legs are definitely looking back to normal. LL is slowly but surely becoming a distant memory.

jwjw1969715

• Visitor
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2018, 12:05:23 AM »

Hi, sorry for bothering but could you tell me how much it cost you?

Android

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2018, 12:06:59 AM »

Hi, sorry for bothering but could you tell me how much it cost you?

Already answered here.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2018, 06:42:13 PM »

Update! Getting my rods removed in either late July or early August. Haven't decided on a date yet because of obligations, but it'll for sure happen within the next 3 months.

I'm gonna try to go for a run within the next few days. I probably could've before, but I just haven't felt the need to so I haven't. I'm a fit/skinnier guy, so I feel that I have no need to do cardio and I get plenty of exercise weightlifting and just walking in general at work or when I'm out and about.

My squats were going up, almost back to a plate, but I started to feel pain in my right quad. This has happened to me before in my left leg because it wasn't as strong as my right, so I'm assuming the same is happening to my right quad now due to the fact that it recovered slower than my left after surgery. So I decided to drop back down to 105 lbs, and I'm working more on reps right now rather than increasing weight so I can strengthen my right leg to catch up with my left.

Life is still good guys, and it's been like that for about 8 months now. I'll report back sometime next week hopefully and let you all know how my running went. Any questions feel free to ask as usual, thanks!

myloginacct

« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2018, 01:07:48 AM »

Do you feel squatting is as safe as before, after CLL?

I think I'd stop doing any exercise that puts more pressure on the leg after CLL. You never know, just to be safe. Opinions of a vet like you would be much appreciated!

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2018, 01:27:03 AM »

Do you feel squatting is as safe as before, after CLL?

I think I'd stop doing any exercise that puts more pressure on the leg after CLL. You never know, just to be safe. Opinions of a vet like you would be much appreciated!

I wouldn’t say it feels less “safe” but it definitely doesnt feel as normal. But like I said in earlier posts, it will take time due to decreased strength and flexibility. I probably will never feel as good as I did before or squat as deep as I used to, but you can definitely get back to a comfortable form and squat as heavy as you did before (building up to it of course).

That would actually be a bad idea, your legs will be super weak after LL and not doing any type of leg exercises will keep them that way forever. Remember, I’ve been cleared by my doctor to do everything I’m doing. There are plenty of LL’ers who have done leg exercises, including heavy weights, after surgery. But of course it’s all about what each person can individually handle and how they recover afterwards, as far as the range of what they will be able to do.

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2018, 12:26:54 AM »

Hi all, quick update.

I’ve been running for a couple of weeks now. It hurt really really bad in my quads, glutes, and pretty much all my leg joints but I ran and walked a mile. Been doing the same thing since then, working on running more than walking it. This last time a few days ago it almost didn’t hurt at all, so I’m definitely making progress.

My squat is up to 115 lbs now (35 lbs on each side). Still not quite back to my 205. My bench and every other non leg lifts are the highest they’ve ever been though.

Looking forward to the day I can squat 200+ and sprint again.

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2018, 11:04:34 PM »

UPDATE:

Both rods removed yesterday morning! I was originally going to stay the night in the hospital, but the pain was not too bad so I decided to go home. I’d say I have a 4-5/10 pain in my hip/glute area and some in my right knee. Left knee has some too but not as bad as right, in fact my left leg in general feels a lot better than my right. This is just like the initial surgery.

I am able to walk without crutches, however my right leg kind of drags so I’m trying not to walk too much. Other concerns like being able to go to the bathroom by myself are fine, it’s nowhere near as painful or limiting as the initial surgery. Apparently Day 2 is the hardest day, so I’m expecting things will only get better from here. Doc says I can continue running and lifting weights after 2-3 weeks if I can tolerate it. Will update again soon!

Android

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2018, 05:22:09 AM »

Thanks for the update! Congrats on the nail removal, you're almost completely done. Glad to hear that the pain wasn't so bad, I hope that it'll be like that for me too, though I'll be getting four nails removed at once 😅
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

ShortLivesMatter

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2018, 09:12:32 PM »

Thanks for the update! Can you provide some more details about nail removal since I'm about to do so as well. How was the 2nd day, what about after that, were you limited in anyway besides some possible minor pain? My Doctor said it would take just a couple of days to recover.   

snowcloud

• Visitor
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2018, 10:33:15 AM »

Hi Brb6ftTall, it's good news, can I know what's the cost to remove the rods, thanks

Bestrong

• Visitor
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2018, 08:29:07 PM »

Hi Brb6ftTall,

I am planing to do LL next year with Dr. M and I dont have any friend or faminy with me. My question is How much did you pay for caretaker?

Thank you and best wish to you.

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2019, 06:09:08 PM »

Hello all, haven’t updated this in forever. I simply don’t think about LL anymore, I can run a lot smoother after rod removal, though not at my previous speed yet, and I can go to the gym and do everything I did before. I haven’t tried playing basketball or other sports yet, but that’s only because there hasn’t been an opportunity. I also feel that my speed and conditioning could be a lot better by this point, but I just haven’t made time to actually run and train. Other things in life are just taking priority now a Days, so I’m very sorry I haven’t been able to come back and post about how I’ve gotten back to pre-LL strength, speed etc. but please know that this is only because I haven’t made the time for it, not because I feel limited in any way.

As for the few questions that were asked: unfortunately I can’t answer them. I had a family member stay with me so I did not pay, and my rod removal was covered under insurance for “painful hardware removal” so I didn’t pay for that either.

If I ever do get back to my previous LL strength and speed, I’ll try and post it on here. But who knows when that day will be. I do hit the gym multiple times a week, so the strength part will come a lot sooner than the speed part, but currently my numbers for Legs are only about 70% of what I could do pre-LL. I’m positive this could already be 100% though if I had been more consistent for all these months.

In closing, I’d just like to say thanks to everyone who read this diary and I hope I helped all of you in some way. Please look at this diary as an example of a successful surgery, and know you can still achieve your dream of being taller and still be in great physical shape afterwards.

21FRANCO

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2019, 06:56:13 PM »

Hey do you know how much was the cost with DR MAHBOUBIAN ? ALSO IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME BEING 5 FT 8 1/2 TO GET ABOUT TO 6 FT ?

21FRANCO

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2019, 05:36:34 AM »

My guy I have a question ? How long did you stay in a hotel after the surgery?

amandasolomon

« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2019, 08:07:22 PM »

Hello!
My name is Amanda and I am Dr. Mahboubian's marketing coordinator. Thank you so much for publically sharing and documenting every step of the height lengthening process. We are glad you are happy with the results and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your positive experience with the forum. Thank you again for your time and we appreciate you!

amandasolomon

« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2019, 08:10:14 PM »

Hey do you know how much was the cost with DR MAHBOUBIAN ? ALSO IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME BEING 5 FT 8 1/2 TO GET ABOUT TO 6 FT ?

Hello 21Franco,
Below is the cost of the height lengthening procedure done with Dr. Mahboubian.

$750 consultation fee can be applied towards your surgery cost!
Bilateral femur lengthening (Precise nail) -----------------$65,500.00
Bilateral tibia lengthening   (Precise nail) -----------------$75,000.00   
Combined tibia and femur lengthening 3-4 weeks apart-------$139,000.00
*Upgrade to the full weight bearing STRYDE nail for $5000 more

The cost covers hospital stay for up to 3 days. It is recommended but not mandatory that you remain in the United States for the entire lengthening process. If that is impossible, a minimum of 2-3 weeks are necessary to ensure all went well with the procedure and that the lengthening phase began well.

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2019, 03:04:41 AM »

Hello 21Franco,
Below is the cost of the height lengthening procedure done with Dr. Mahboubian.

$750 consultation fee can be applied towards your surgery cost!
Bilateral femur lengthening (Precise nail) -----------------$65,500.00
Bilateral tibia lengthening   (Precise nail) -----------------$75,000.00   
Combined tibia and femur lengthening 3-4 weeks apart-------$139,000.00
*Upgrade to the full weight bearing STRYDE nail for $5000 more

The cost covers hospital stay for up to 3 days. It is recommended but not mandatory that you remain in the United States for the entire lengthening process. If that is impossible, a minimum of 2-3 weeks are necessary to ensure all went well with the procedure and that the lengthening phase began well.

Thanks, what else does it cover? can you plz elaborate what are covered in this cost and what are not? thanks a lot
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up