Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Brb6ftTall - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2017  (Read 19441 times)

Brb6ftTall

Brb6ftTall - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2017
« on: June 08, 2017, 05:29:43 AM »

Hello all! I recently found out about this forum, and thought that my experience in Limb Lengthening thus far may be helpful to you guys. As the title implies, I am currently lengthening my femurs from surgery I had 3 weeks ago with Dr. Mahboubian in California. Here are the days I have written about so far:

My height was never really a concern when I was younger, I was always on the "shorter side" of the class but I was never the smallest, so I didn't think too much of it.  But one day when I suddenly became height aware (somewhere during maturity I gues?) I knew there was something I had to do, and that I couldn't be short forever.  I was mainly inspired to do Bilateral Femurs with Dr.  Mahboubian from Femur2014's diary, with him seemingly making an actual full recovery.  I also didn't have enough money for Paley (the "safest" option), but reading through his diary convinced me that it was worth getting it done soon with Dr.  M rather than later with Dr.  Paley.

I will not be giving out too many personal details because I want to remain as anonymous as possible, so unfortunately that means no stats or pictures that could reveal myself.  I will say the following, however.

Height: 174. 8 cm (~5'9)
Goal: 182. 86 cm (~6'0) [+7. 6 cm]
Weight: 130 lbs

I know my height may not be short to a lot of you, but I have been around athletes my entire life (as I was one of them. .  didn't continue in college though) and honestly being referred to as "the small one" made me a tad depressed.  With that said, I realize these heights are "rounding" but hey, I highly doubt anyone will call me out for not being 6 ft at my new height when they don't call me out now for saying 5'9.    I also realize I could add 8cm instead of 7. 6 (like femurs did), but after reading many, many posts throughout the years it seemed like going over 7. 6 cm was above the safe limit as far as athleticism is concerned.   I also weighed around 145 lbs prior to surgery, however I stopped working out and getting heavier to make sure I didn't go over 150 lbs (the weight limit for precise) because I was gaining weight pretty quickly.  Anyways, without further ado, here is my own diary!

Day 1 - 5/18/17

After what seemed like forever waiting in the hospital room, I was finally wheeled off to see Dr.  M.  I was admittedly a little nervous about it, but I just kept focusing on what my new height would look like after to keep me going.  Upon saying hello to all the surgical staff, the next thing I knew I was out cold from anesthesia. 
When I woke up I couldn't feel much, but immediately noticed I couldn't move/rotate my legs anymore! That was pretty scary.  I don't remember much of this part because I was still coming off from the anesthesia, but I mainly remember all the staff walking in one by one to say the surgery was successful and they wish me the best.  Most of that day was a blur, but I remember eating hospital meals, getting poked for blood drawings, getting squeezed for blood pressure etc.  throughout the night.  I was given pain meds through an IV, so that was keeping my pain at bay.  Dr.  M reassured me everything went well, but that there were many incisions in my leg muscles so it was crucial that I rest them today and start therapy the next day.

Day 2

This day technically starts somewhere around 3 am I think? It was very difficult to sleep through the night due to all the nurses checking up on me and making other commotion while walking through the hallways and such.  I think the longest amount of sleep I could get was 2 hrs or so before I was woken up again for something.  It got kind of annoying after a while for nurses to be coming in and waking me up, only to ask if I needed some water.  My caretaker could have done that for me if I needed it! I tried to remember these people were just doing their job so I wouldn't get too frustrated. 

Now this day was probably the hardest so far.  My meds from the initial anesthesia were wearing off, so the pain came rushing in.  It definitely hurt but not too bad, probably a 3 or 4 out of 10.  What seriously hurt though was freaking PT.  They came around 8 am, and I had never felt so much pain in my life just trying to stand up.  Getting to the edge of the bed was hard enough, but actually pushing up to get on the walker was one of the hardest things I've ever done.  We had to retry a few times due to the PT's pulling me up but me screaming No! and pushing back down.  Eventually I made it up, but the pain continued through the entire walking process.  I'm talking like 9-10 out of 10 for the whole duration, I was screaming so bad that nurses from the hallway had to check up on me.

After laying back down, I'm at the point where I'm regretting doing the surgery and telling myself my previous height was just fine and all that.  I keep thinking I'm so stupid for willingly putting my body through all of this.  These negative thoughts are soon interrupted by the arrival of Dr.  M, who made me feel sooo much better.  After recounting everything, he assured me I was doing great and every day would get easier and easier.  He also told me I had already officially lengthened 1 mm, yay! The rest of the day wasn't nearly as difficult.  The food tasted as bad as hospital food usually does, and the nurses still wouldn't let me sleep.  The PT however got A LOT better, with the pain only being a 6-7 this time around.  Dr.  M took me off the IV pain meds and I switched to Norco, it was really weird falling asleep with it in my system but it sure did help the pain.

Day 3

Not a whole lot to say about this day, it was the day I got released! Dr.  M saw me first thing in the morning, and he made me as happy as ever.  However, he stretched me out much worse than the PT ever did, and I hadn't taken my pain meds yet.  7-8 pain levels came after he left, and that was truly a hard 30 mins to get through for the pills to kick in.  PT came and it was the best I had ever done, pain was only a 2 or 3 and I was getting off the bed and walking no problem.  I couldn't believe the difference only 1 day had done.  Not much else happened that day, I had breakfast and lunch and PT came one more time (easy yet again), and that was pretty much it.  All my blood tests checked out, and around 5 pm I was dressed and ready to go.  It was somewhat difficult to transition from wheelchair to walker to car, but I managed it rather quickly and I was back in my hotel before I knew it.  Getting me into my bed wasn't that bad, and after taking some more Norco I passed right on out.  At this point, I also took Xeralta for blood thinning.  I woke up a few times throughout the night randomly, due to being in a weird position or being too hot or needing more Norco etc, but after I went back to bed at 3 AM I had the best sleep I've had since before I checked in to the hospital.  It was sooo much better sleeping without all the nurses and tests going on, I was so relieved.

Day 4

Not much to say here either, this is where I am now! I'm scheduled to see Dr.  M next Friday so he can teach me how to lengthen using the machine.  Pain is even better than it was in the hospital, probably due to a combination of me recovering more as well as being in a better atmosphere.  I'm only taking 1 Norco now every 4-5 hours or so instead of 2! I can also finally pee again, I have actually been able to since yesterday but I forgot to mention that was a challenge.  It's okay though, basically just nasty catheter stuff that no one wants to hear anyway! I'm eagerly awaiting the first time I can go No.  2, I haven't done that in a few days due to Norco causing constipation. 

So that's it, I will mainly be chilling, stretching out, and playing video games till the next time I can see Dr.  M.  I realize I didn't include lots of details like where I live ornwhat stretches I did throughout the day, however I didn't think it was important (since most of that is already covered in other diaries in greater detail) but if anyone wants to know those questions feel free to ask and I will answer as best as possible.  I mainly envision this diary as a once or twice a week update max, with my main focus on providing recovery details after surgery is fully done (before and after rod removal).  I noticed that most people might post a few months after the end of consolidation/nail removal, but then stop before a full 100% recovery can be reported.  I plan on not doing that, I would like to come back to you guys a year from now and really let you all know if I'm back to former athleticism or not.  Will try to keep my diary updated as soon as anything major happens, thank you for reading!

Brb6ftTall

Re: Brb6ftTall - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 05:30:16 AM »

Day 5

Today's the best day so far! Although I can definitely say that about each day that passes haha, Dr.  M was right when he said it would get better every day.  I woke up around 8:30 am, 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep was amazing!! Definitely the longest I've had so far.  I never really realized it before, and it might just be me, but I think people with normal legs adjust very slightly throughout the night to not be uncomfortable and wake up.  I'm saying this because lately the only reason I wake up in the middle of the night like I was before is due to the fact that I just get plain uncomfortable staying in the same position I've been in for hours.  I wake up and have to slightly move my heels, or slightly rotate my back (my back probably hurts the most from laying on it for a long time).  Oh and that reminds me, I'm happy to say I'm slowly but surely getting back more leg function!

I will try to describe this as best as possible: Picture a straight leg, and a leg completely bent to where your heel is touching your butt.  The completely straight leg would be what I call "180 degrees" while heel to butt would be "0".  Going off that, "90" would be what I call having your feet straight below your knee, as if you were bending your knee upwards while lying down until you reach the point where your foot is flat.  The rest of the degrees would obviously be in between those numbers.

Now that that's explained, I will describe how I'm doing.  During PT, I usually get my leg elevated and bent from 180-90 degrees, going past that hurts and gets real stiff.  It is expected however due to my muscles still not recovered from the incisions.  In the beginning, I could not or could hardly bend my knee towards me at all.  Earlier today however, I decided to try it and was very happy to see that if I focus, I can bend my knee to around 145 degrees by itself, and can take my hand to guide my tibia inwards to get to 90.  Awesome! The pain isn't bad at all, still at 1 or 2 level max, but the stiffness and exhaustion really kicks in if you don't have a helper.

I was also able to sit up straight for 2 hours today.  The longest I was able to before was 1 hour, and immediately afterwards I was helped in bed (needing help only because I was so exhausted from sitting up straight) and fell asleep quickly.  This time, I only took a short nap (less than 1 hr) and felt great upon waking up, no pain or stiffness whatsoever.  I am still pushing myself to get more function in my leg/knee, but I'm not trying to push too hard since I have no reason to do so this early on.

My appointment with Dr.  M got moved up from Friday to Tuesday, which is tomorrow! I will be taught how to lengthen using the device, and will be told more details about PT and what pills to take on and so on.  Things will start changing for me pretty soon, once your muscles are healed you will regain function, but once the lengthening starts you will really have to keep up with PT to maintain flexibility and have a better recovery. 

Unfortunately still no bowel movement yet.  Peeing has been fine however.  I've slowed my Norco intake to only 1 pill every 6 hours or so instead of 4, and I feel great.  I'm also eating a lot more than I have been, but still haven't really had the urge to go.  I took some laxative pills earlier in the day, and am hoping to have some bowel movement before bed tonight.  I imagine it will be sooo relieving.

That's all so far guys, will update again tomorrow after the appointment with Dr.  M.  I will leave you guys with this message:
For those of you Guests who may be lurking this forum and my diary, I highly encourage you to REGISTER and ask any and all questions you can.  Trust me, even though other diaries besides me may have been super thorough, I still had a crucial question or two I would have loved to have answered but couldn't due to the fact that the authors had already moved on from LL and had stop posting.  Like I said earlier, it my personal mission to be here a year from now and fully inform everyone of my recovery, but the sooner you guys register and post your questions the better.  Please don't do it before it's too late, don't mess up like I did!

Until next time.

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 05:30:40 AM »

Day 6

Yet another great night of 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep! I found a new position to lay in, in which pillows are piled up behind my back so that my back isn't on the mattress.  It works great because my back doesn't hurt anymore, so now the only times I randomly wake up is if I get too hot or by having a random muscle spasm during a period the Norco had worn off (the likeliness of this is less and less each day).

Shortly after I woke up, I started getting the urge to go to the bathroom.  I was so happy because I haven't been able to do this in 6 days.  I delayed taking the Norco so it wouldn't have a chance at delaying my bowel movement.  This was now like 9 hours since my last Norco intake, so I was in a bit of pain.  It took me a while but I was able to stand up on my walker (with assistance. .  it's hard without pain meds) and successfully reach my commode.  After a while of sitting there, I finally had some bowel movement! I was sooo happy.  It was a decent amount, and it didn't really hurt as bad as I thought it would.  Once I was cleaned up, I got back up on my walker and got back to the bed.  I immediately took Norco to ease the pain I'd been dealing with, and also took my Xeralta for the day.

Not much else happened after this, so I'll skip to the point where I saw Dr.  M.  I was 15 mins late to him because of traffic, but everything was fine.  The first 10-15 mins of the Appt was his assistants removing all the bandages off of me, I was relieved.  Some of them hurt because they were sticking to my hair, but most of it came off relatively easily.  Once they were all off, Dr.  M came in and examined my incisions.  He said they were all looking great and were healing just fine, so no more bandages were needed.  Nice! He then wanted to examine my range of motion.  It was pretty funny because he just sat there and said "Okay, move your leg. " And I was like "Umm. .  I can't. " Apparently I'm supposed to be able to move my legs better than I have been able to? But it is possible he is confusing me with a patient that has been recovering for a week, since these appointments are usually 8 days after surgery but mine got moved up to only 5 days after.  Regardless, he lifted my leg for me and made me work my hardest to keep it in the air without his assistance.  It was really strenuous, and it looked to me like I wasn't really accomplishing anything.  However, he said I was doing well as he could feel my thigh muscles being utilized during the motions.  He told me to just keep working on this to get these muscles strong again, and told my Care taker to make me do more things by myself.  The last thing he did was give me a prescription for specific vitamin C and D pills, telling me to take them twice a day, and another prescription for physical therapy, which I will use when I return home. 

Once that was done, he left the room and a rep for Precice came in with the lengthening device.  The parts themselves aren't very big, but it came in a decently big box, like the size of a kid's rolling school backpack or suitcase.  He explained to me how to use the device, it was really simple.  Basically I just plug in the console to the wall, and have it set for . 33mm (which it already is by default, and can't be changed) and hit "Start" when I'm ready to lengthen.  I put the other part on a specific part of my femur (that is marked during surgery) and hold it there, and once Start is pressed the magnets do their thing.  You can see the device go from 0mm to . 33mm, it takes a few minutes.  Switch legs when you're done, and once you've done both simply unplug the machine.  It's REALLY easy to use.  However, it does NOT keep track of the total lengthening you have done, so make sure you keep track of that yourself! I am supposed to do 4 sessions of . 33mm for the first 5 days (once every 6 hours, for a total of 1. 33mm) and then slow it down to 3 sessions (once every 8 hours, for a total of 1. 00mm) on the 6th day and onwards.

Now that my appointment was all done, I was driven to Walmart for my new supplements and to pick up some other things, then driven back home.  Even though we only went to these 2 places, we were gone for like 6 hours! LA has crazy traffic. 

Day 7

Not a lot to say, more good sleeping and good stretching.  I've been working more on stretching by myself rather than with my care takers help, and so far I can lift my foot straight in the are from a bent knee position (with lots of strain), but cannot extend it further out to hold or I will come down.  Hoping to get there soon.  You can really feel the soreness after your reps are done, it honestly reminds me of working legs at the gym.  I've also been taking my vitamin C and D twice a day as I've been told to.  Other than that it's all the same really, no new bowel movement yet but I'm not too worried, I'm just happy that it still works after the initial one.  My next appointment with Dr.  M is next Tuesday, almost a week from today.  Will update again by Friday, as that is when I start lengthening.  Can't wait for that!

Until next time.

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 05:31:51 AM »

Day 10

As of writing this, I have lengthened exactly 3.  63 mm! This is including the first 0.  99mm they give you during surgery.   Using the machine is super easy and it takes about 2-3 mins per leg.   I don't feel anything when lengthening either, maybe a little warmth on my femurs but I think that might just be in my head.   

The days are getting better yet still.   I am now able to easily get off and on my walker and wheelchair without any assistance, though it's still difficult for me to get both legs in my bed (my bed is kind of high off the ground though.  .  ) so I need help for the second one.   Stretching is still at the same amount, not gaining anything but that's fine because I'm mostly focused on just retaining right now.   The pain is unnoticeable at most times unless I'm actively moving my leg, and my arms are getting stronger so I'm able to do more and more by myself now.   I've had at least 1 bowel movement every day since the first one, and when I need to go I just get up on my walker and walk to the toilet myself.   I still use the commode on the toilet just so I don't have to sit too far down and also get access to the railings the commode provides, but once I get stronger I'm planning on getting rid of it. 

So yeah, not too much to say about anything, everything's going well and still getting easier. My appointment with Dr.   M is in 2 days, and by that time I should be more than 6mm taller too.   I'll update sometime around then, or if anything major happens before. 

Until next time.

Day 16

I had my Appt with Dr. M yesterday because it got moved from Tuesday to Thursday. The Appt went great! First I had an X-ray to make sure I had been lengthening properly. Dr. M said it looked like I had done about 9mm, which is consistent with what I had written down at the time (it was about 9.24mm or something like that). But the really cool part was that my bone was growing back super fast, so fast that he told me to start lengthening 4 times a day for 1.33mm instead of 3 times a day for 1mm. This is great because not only does that mean I can get the lengthening over with quicker and get my new height sooner, but it is also indicative of how quickly I can consolidate once I'm done lengthening, which means hopefully I'll be able to start walking in no time! I also got all my sutures and stitches removed, so now they're just left to healing on their own.

Now here's what might be a big deal for some of you: this is the last time I will see Dr. M for another year or so (to take the rods out). I am not from California, I am from another state. I am leaving back home tomorrow and will be sending X-rays every 2 weeks to Dr. M to make sure everything is okay. This means I will be doing the entire lengthening process by myself without ever having any type of check ups from him. Of course I would fly in if I needed to in case of an emergency, but assuming there won't be any, I will be doing the therapy and lengthening process in my own state from here on out. This may be dangerous, but I am very excited and I know I will be able to do it. I'm pretty young and healthy, and seeing my recovery process makes me all the more confident that I'll do just fine.

I can raise both my legs higher than I ever could (post surgery) and can extend them in the air farther and hold them for longer. I can get up on my walker and walk for longer and with less pain. I'm only using pain meds every 6 hours, sometimes more like 8-9. My appetite is coming back, I'm able to eat more kinds of food and more of it. My bowel movements are getting more and more normal, and I have at least one a day. I still use the commode on the toilet just because it's hard coming up from being that low, but I can pee standing up like normal. I'm starting to be able to go past 90 while bending my legs, I'm hoping that once I get back home and start therapy I will be able to push this even further. But so far guys, I'm doing great. And all these things get better and better each day. I'm so happy this is going so well.

As of writing, I have currently lengthened 10.56 mm, which is over 1cm. I still have 2 more lengthening sessions today, so it'll be at over 11mm by the end of the day. I can't wait to get my first inch (2.54cm, or 25.4mm) though, that's where the real progress begins. Now that I'm leaving Dr. M, I will not be updating this as often, maybe around every half inch or so unless something noteworthy happens. I will still be here for any questions though, I check the forum quite often so if you have ANY questions please ask! Thank you all for reading this, and I hope my diary so far has been able to give you all a good impression of limb lengthening with Dr.
M.

Until next time.

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 05:32:50 AM »

Day 21

I'm at 3 weeks in now, and I definitely have the best improvement yet. There's quite a few things that have changed since the last time I've updated, so here we go.

I made it back to my home state last Friday. I took pain medication once before my first flight and once between my connecting flight, so I wasn't really in pain at any time. Since I couldn't stand, I didn't have to go through the medical detector and was patted down instead. That was pretty nice, I didn't have to explain my rods that way. Upon arriving home, I did something that I believe most people do not recommend: I went up the stairs into my room. There were 14 steps. The first time was rather difficult, but every time after that has been easier. For those wondering, the way I do it is by putting one hand on the stair railing and putting the other hand on a cane to help me up the steps. First I put the cane on the step in front of me, and position my railing hand a little further up than I am to be equal with the cane. Then, I push down on the cane and the railing and lift up my leading foot onto the next step. Finally, I take the other foot that hasn't gone up yet and sort of just scoot it up the step. Rinse and repeat till I get to the top, then I transfer to my walker and go. I was able to do this only a bit more than 2 weeks post op, but I can't say I recommend it. Keep in mind that I am young and weigh less than the weight bearing limit, but It definitely would have been easier to be able to stay downstairs. With that said, going down is a lot easier but still a hassle. And the crazy part is I actually do this 3-4 times a week, it takes me about 10 minutes but it gets easier as my arms and legs get stronger.

Medications: I stopped taking pain meds a few days ago, the only time I take one now is right before PT, that's it. Pain is obviously a bit worse without him, but I'd say it's pretty much just a 1-2 all day with a max of 3 on my left leg (more on that later). I also stopped taking the blood thinner today now that I'm 3 weeks post op, so hopefully I feel better in some way from doing this. Other than that, still taking Calcium and Vitamin D twice a day as instructed by Dr. M.

Physical Therapy: I started PT today, and it was great. I was given two exercises to do at home to increase my quad strength and flexibility. They're pretty basic, the strength one involves straightening my leg and pressing down on a towel below my knee, while the other one has me pulling on my leg with a strap to help bend it further and further. My flexibility for bending my knee was measured at 110 for the left leg and 108 for the right. These definitely aren't great, but I was told to just go as far as I could until I felt any type of discomfort, so it's not like I was actually stretching it really. I can also say that my left leg is lagging almost way behind my right leg. My right leg is pretty independent on most movements and is mostly painless or at a 1 throughout the day, but I actually have to pick up my leg left manually to move it a lot, and if I don't it starts hurting. This has been getting better though, and just a few days ago I was finally able to get in and out the car by myself without having to carry my left leg, so it's clearly getting stronger. Once it catches up to my right though, this will be a breeze since my right really doesn't give me any trouble. I go back to PT again tomorrow, and from here on out I'm scheduled to have it 3 times a week, and after 4 weeks or so I'll move up to 4 times a week to do more intense exercises. Can't wait!

Lengthening: So far, I have lengthened 1.7cm. I will be going back to doing 3 sessions a day now since I was only supposed to do 4 sessions a day for a week, and next week I'll get my X-ray to Dr. M to see how to proceed from there. I'm actually keeping track of my height on the wall now and will be making new marks every week, so that will be fun to see. Also, after speaking with Dr. M and messaging SysOp himself (thank you SysOp!), I have decided that I will instead shoot for the full 8cm. The 0.4cm difference in height isn't all that much to be without, but having it definitely helps to be that much more above 6ft rather than borderline. My body is so far accommodating the lengthening really well, so if it continues like this I (and Dr. M) see no reason why I wouldn't be able to safely do 8cm. But of course, we'll see how it goes!

I believe that's everything now guys. Phew, that took a while to type. As usual, feel free to ask any questions here or via PM, I am open to any and all questions that you think will help in your own LL journey. Thank you for reading, I'll update around my first X-ray next week or if something major happens.

Until next time.

Sorry for all the posts lol, but now my diary here is all caught up. Just like it says up there ^^ feel free to ask any questions!

onemorefoot

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 06:11:26 AM »

Do you know if Dr. Manh uses external devices( tsf)? Are you 5 9" in the afternoon?
Budget will determine my future.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 08:25:58 AM »

Your username, lol.....I wish you the best of luck on your journey.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »

Do you know if Dr. Manh uses external devices( tsf)? Are you 5 9" in the afternoon?

As far as I know, he does not. I asked him about it and he gave a vague answer saying that the risks are too high, it sounded like he didn't offer it anymore to me but he may still do so for deformity correction in children.

I am unfortunately not, that's the reason why I said I am "about" 5'9. However, now that I'm going for the full 8cm I think the extra 0.4 will be enough to get me to 6 ft flat rather than "5'11 and 3/4" or something like that lol, even though if it did I'd round up anyways :P

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 11:11:10 AM »

Your username, lol.....I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Haha, I couldn't come up with anything too clever and I wanted to remain anonymous. I think my username gets straight to the point though :) Thanks for the support, feel free to ask any questions!

TIBIKE200

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 11:57:45 AM »

What made you do it in the end?

There must have been an event or events that made you decide to do LL at such a young age
I learned some stuff during this time

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 12:26:06 PM »

What made you do it in the end?

There must have been an event or events that made you decide to do LL at such a young age

I kinda described this in the first post, but basically I've been around tall people my entire life and was tired of being the "short" one. I always thought I would grow, and held out hope for the longest time until I found out my growth plates were closed. When it came down to it, being the size I was just didn't line up with how I saw myself being as an adult, and without this extra height I couldn't imagine being satisfied with myself. In the end, I decided to do LL in order to become the person I truly wanted to be, and I wanted to do it sooner rather than later.

Bander72

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 02:03:49 AM »

How much was your total cost and do you know if he takes insurance like Rozburch.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 03:06:59 AM »

How much was your total cost and do you know if he takes insurance like Rozburch.

$72k for surgery + hospital stay, my insurance covered meds and PT.

His office does accept insurance yes, but since it's a cosmetic surgery your insurance most likely won't cover any of it. Mine didn't :(

Bander72

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 03:23:47 AM »

I say it because someone went to rozburch who is on paleys level who charges normally around 100k and this insurance got it down to 50k. I wonder if the same insurance was use could reduce the price to 40 or 30k. By the way if you are 22 how did you aford this?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:56:49 AM by bander72 »

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 04:37:13 AM »

I say it because someone went to rozburch who is on paleys level who charges normally around 100k and this insurance got it down to 50k. I wonder if the same insurance was use could reduce the price to 40 or 30k. By the way if you are 22 how did you aford this?

Oh I see, well yes then theoretically if one has that insurance I see no reason why it wouldn't work for Dr. M's office as well.

I had a job all throughout high school and I was really good at saving. When I set my mind to this, I worked 2 jobs, sometimes 3, while relentlessly saving and also applying for credit cards to boost my credit limit. I didn't actually have all the money but I did have most of it, the rest I was able to charge to my cards since by that time I had more than enough credit to do so.

Bander72

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 04:53:37 AM »

Do you know how much your hospital fees were? 6 Feet soon qoute that he saved 35k from hospital fees and 25k from the surgery so total 60k. Im not sure if it would be the same because then it be 12k for the surgery with Mahbouian..... But if it was  about 30k it would be a gigantic bargin still.

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 04:58:00 AM »

Do you know how much your hospital fees were? 6 Feet soon qoute that he saved 35k from hospital fees and 25k from the surgery so total 60k. Im not sure if it would be the same because then it be 12k for the surgery with Mahbouian..... But if it was  about 30k it would be a gigantic bargin still.

Hospital fees were $40k, plus a bit more than $1k for the anesthesiologist fee.

questionthe

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 04:53:21 PM »

When you're done you should post a picture of the wall marks as that would be interesting to see.

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 07:32:29 PM »

When you're done you should post a picture of the wall marks as that would be interesting to see.

Sure, I wouldn't mind doing that. It would be sometime in the beginning of August.

Datum

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2017, 11:38:35 PM »

This diary will be interesting I guess
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2017, 11:56:17 PM »

Well I would hope so, I wouldn't want it to be boring!

If you have any questions about something I didn't cover, don't hesitate to ask.

Bander72

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 03:59:51 AM »

???

What do you even mean with that? And yes it will be a good diary to see because its rare to see a mahboubian diary in the forum As well as having information on his price. I'll have to investigate when I have time to see how much I could save with insurance if it's a good amount like RozBurch then I'll be sprinting over from SF to LA.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 04:28:31 AM »

???

What do you even mean with that? And yes it will be a good diary to see because its rare to see a mahboubian diary in the forum As well as having information on his price. I'll have to investigate when I have time to see how much I could save with insurance if it's a good amount like RozBurch then I'll be sprinting over from SF to LA.

Ignore him. It's the good old "you know who" user
I learned some stuff during this time

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2017, 05:11:51 AM »

???

If you're in SF then I'd definitely recommend going with Dr. M for sure. Definitely do a price comparison though, and also keep in mind that NY has a higher cost of living than LA. You'll need to stay in whatever city you choose for at least 2 weeks, if not longer.

Bander72

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2017, 09:10:56 AM »

Two weeks is nothing and yeah La is definetly cheaper. Its alot more expensive in nothern california/ Sf in particular. I wonder how Id go about getting the insurance information and a estimate of how much I could save. Does mahbounian have a list of insurances he accepts?

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2017, 12:11:32 PM »

Two weeks is nothing and yeah La is definetly cheaper. Its alot more expensive in nothern california/ Sf in particular. I wonder how Id go about getting the insurance information and a estimate of how much I could save. Does mahbounian have a list of insurances he accepts?

I would just call his office and ask. I'm not sure if he has a list specifically, but he does have some sort of system because I asked him about my insurance and was told that the one I had wouldn't cover anything.

yyes

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »

Just to let you guys know with Dr Rozbruch, insurance is hit or miss according to what the billing department told me.

In fact, the lady I talked to said that sometimes it even depends on the person thats handling your case. Some representatives are anal about the rules, whereas others are more lenient.

Hence, this is why sometimes hospital fees are covered because some representatives will consider it 'non cosmetic' whereas sometimes they wont be covered because the representative will consider the whole thing 'cosmetic' .

The unfortunate thing about all this according to the billing department is that there is no way of knowing beforehand whether your insurance will cover the procedure or not. This didnt make sense to me but thats what I was told. So in essence you have to go in there with atleast 130k from the estimates I was given.

HOWEVER, I was told something very interesting.

If the Dr finds some defect in your legs, he can get insurance to cover the procedure.

Here's the kicker:
Almost everyone has some defect in their legs according to the nurse that I talked to.

RealTrump

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2017, 09:06:41 PM »

If the Dr finds some defect in your legs, he can get insurance to cover the procedure.

Here's the kicker:
Almost everyone has some defect in their legs according to the nurse that I talked to.

Highly doubt most people get their insurance to cover this procedure 'cuz of some defect. This is the type of anecdote that happens to "everyone" except for yourself.

Bander72

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 12:51:34 AM »

Just to let you guys know with Dr Rozbruch, insurance is hit or miss according to what the billing department told me.

In fact, the lady I talked to said that sometimes it even depends on the person thats handling your case. Some representatives are anal about the rules, whereas others are more lenient.

Hence, this is why sometimes hospital fees are covered because some representatives will consider it 'non cosmetic' whereas sometimes they wont be covered because the representative will consider the whole thing 'cosmetic' .

The unfortunate thing about all this according to the billing department is that there is no way of knowing beforehand whether your insurance will cover the procedure or not. This didnt make sense to me but thats what I was told. So in essence you have to go in there with atleast 130k from the estimates I was given.

HOWEVER, I was told something very interesting.

Here's the kicker:

Wonder if a defect could be any minor thing as a chiropractor told me that my left leg was 2mm shorter than the right. I guess 6 feet soon was in luck not to get noisy representative.

Body Builder

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2017, 02:15:39 AM »

Wonder if a defect could be any minor thing as a chiropractor told me that my left leg was 2mm shorter than the right. I guess 6 feet soon was in luck not to get noisy representative.
2mm is considered no difference.
More than 90% of people have a difference of up to 0.5cm between their legs.

Also, so minor differences can't be measured from a chiropracton or anyone else.
Only x rays or ct scan could measure the exact length of the foot so you can find tiny differences like this.

And no, it is not true that most people have issues with their legs that an insurance covers.
A 10% of population at max would have such problems and I believe even that is too much.

yyes

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 02:46:09 AM »

Highly doubt most people get their insurance to cover this procedure 'cuz of some defect. This is the type of anecdote that happens to "everyone" except for yourself.

Im just going off what the nurse told me. Honestly, I didnt believe it but im sharing what she said. I will be visiting in August so that they can take xrays.

Nonetheless, you better come to this surgery with 130k if you will use Rozbruch.

Why?

If you assume that you will only have to pay 50k, the down payment for the surgery is a non refundable 30k. What happens if you insurance decides not to pay? Well, now you are out 30k . I assume that maybe they can hold the 30k for maybe a year or 2 but still its a major headache.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up