Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Before After Mock-ups - What's possible?  (Read 4994 times)

llendpoint

Before After Mock-ups - What's possible?
« on: July 10, 2017, 05:00:33 PM »

Hi,these are my Mock-ups.

Pics say more than words.

http://imgur.com/QCk334M

My opinion: I think starting with Tibias looks fine. After that I would have to run with that for years before another LL if at all.
I'm short but 7 cm each (or rather 14 cm - 15 cm in total) is a the minimum goal mark. After the first LL one I can and will take years saving up for a proper internal femur operation while getting in shape. My body will thank me for the big pause.

Going with the pixels and my calculations, Femurs are about 39 cm (+/-1) long and tibias 30 cm (+/-1).

I was wondering. The third images with + 14 cm in total, does it look okay? I'm only concerned about the lower body to upper body ratio.

That ratio is almost 1:1 before LL. I read that (upper body)1 : 1.4(lower body) is normal. How come I don't look to weird before LL when my ratio is almost 1:1? I think I missunderstand something or got the information wrong.

wingspan is about 162.5 cm (+/-1 cm).

So yeah, what's possible in terms of proportions from your point of view?

Jack1066

Re: Before After Mock-ups - What's possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »

Go with the femurs first. That mockup looks good to me. Yes, your surgery will make them look long, but nothing out of the usual (plenty of men have long femurs) and will be much better for your biomechanics.

Proportionally longer tibias as far as I am aware do not occur naturally, and furthermore put you at risk of developing arthritis later on. The soft tissue in your legs can handle femoral lengthening better.

You have quite long arms already, and even the 7 + 7 doesn't look bad to me.

Body Builder

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 06:18:38 PM »

Great physique, congratulations!

With 2 LLs your legs will look a little too big but still I'd go for them.
But better do 7.5cm on femurs and 6-6.5 on tibias. They would look better aesthetically and it is generally safer.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:33:17 PM »

7 cms on the femur is easily possible, I wouldn't even have noticed anything wrong with the length of the femurs if I didn't know what to look for.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 06:45:48 PM »

Tibias alone looks bad. Femurs alone looks good. Same as with 7+7 which suprisingly looks good
I learned some stuff during this time

Sibirsky

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 07:07:07 PM »

Judging by your wide stance from this angle you seem to have a bit of bow-legs but only x-rays can indicate this with certainty. You can do a correction and lengthening simultaneously with hexapods on tibias.
176 cm before
184 cm after
-Walking, squatting, jogging slowly but not yet running
-Advocate of average height people wanting to be taller

llendpoint

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 08:36:18 PM »

I'm really surprised that most of you find the long femurs attractive. To me it almost looks ugly. But the image with only Tibias lengthened looks beautiful to me. I don't know, is it because girls usually have longer tibias? It's like I judge by what I find attractive in women  :-\

Yes, I do have bow legs. I had them analyzed once. The right bone lies 26 mm more to the right and the left bone 17 mm more to the left from each of their medial knee centers (or something like that).

But if the whole package (both LLs) looks fine, then I guess it's fine to go with +14 cm in total. In Germany 170 cm seems like a mental benchmark, who would want to stop at 169...
Internationally it would be very slightly under 5 feet 7 inches. So 171 cm would do it and maybe counter the shrinking in old age aswell. It's the upper body that shrinks though. Just my thoughts on that.

Considering the bow legs, my patience, and the saving money part: After each year I could afford to go one tier higher in terms of LL costs. That would be Russia in one year, China in two years, Betz in three. (I find this hard to plan with all the price raising in the LL industry.)

Because of that I feel pretty much determined to do an external LL for tibias in about 1-2 years first. The gap after that is perfect to save up for an internal method for femurs.

Before reading the responses I thought that maybe +8 on tibias and +6 on femurs would look good. thats just how aesthetic I find the long tibias. But I must have been blind there.

Looking at the images again, I kinda convince myself that you guys are right that long femurs look good.

Thx guys, this is my plan:
- lenghtening 14-15 cm
- lengthening tibias first because it can be done earlier and correcting bow legs. (It forces me to do the 2nd LL because of short femurs)
- lenghtening tibias and femurs equally, or femurs more than tibias, without scraificing the minimum lenghtening goal of +14 cm

I will do more mock ups with jeans with +14 cm and +15 cm on both legs.

One unrelated question.
Is it worth getting x rays, so I can communicate better with international docs via mail and get a clear statement from them what's possible before flying there? If yes, does it matter if that x-ray is from a regular local doctor or a local LL-doc?

Is using hexapods restricted to a specific LL method or does any of the three methods (ilizariv, LON, LATN) include the option of correcting bow legs? I don't know what hexapods are yet. I will search for it.

Alu

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »

If this proves anything is that having a great physique can really compliment long legs. So on that front, congrats. Considering your height I'd honestly just stick to the 14 CM. You are already kinda pushing it with 7 CM on the tibia, but 7 CM on femurs is acceptable.

As for the X-ray I'd say communicate with your doctor first (sorry if you already answered, but with whom?).

Christopherbulder

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 09:20:40 PM »

Hi,these are my Mock-ups.

Pics say more than words.

http://imgur.com/QCk334M

My opinion: I think starting with Tibias looks fine. After that I would have to run with that for years before another LL if at all.
I'm short but 7 cm each (or rather 14 cm - 15 cm in total) is a the minimum goal mark. After the first LL one I can and will take years saving up for a proper internal femur operation while getting in shape. My body will thank me for the big pause.

Going with the pixels and my calculations, Femurs are about 39 cm (+/-1) long and tibias 30 cm (+/-1).

I was wondering. The third images with + 14 cm in total, does it look okay? I'm only concerned about the lower body to upper body ratio.

That ratio is almost 1:1 before LL. I read that (upper body)1 : 1.4(lower body) is normal. How come I don't look to weird before LL when my ratio is almost 1:1? I think I missunderstand something or got the information wrong.

wingspan is about 162.5 cm (+/-1 cm).

So yeah, what's possible in terms of proportions from your point of view?

congretulation for you body musculare and repped   for 156 CM  you body is esthetic   2 surgery is perfect for you
1  you leg is little short
2 you are muscular

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 09:54:39 PM »

But if the whole package (both LLs) looks fine, then I guess it's fine to go with +14 cm in total. In Germany 170 cm seems like a mental benchmark, who would want to stop at 169...
Internationally it would be very slightly under 5 feet 7 inches. So 171 cm would do it and maybe counter the shrinking in old age aswell.

Don't go that route unless you wanna be unhappy.

LL is a risky endeavour and nobody can know how the results will be for every individual undergoing it.

What is for certain is that you can become a great deal taller with somewhat controllable risks depending on the doctor, the method, preparations and the amount lengthened. However, it's completely unforeseeable how much your body will alow your to lengthen. Don't plan on reaching a certain amount like 171 or 170, because perhaps it will be a little less or perhaps you will reach it, or perhaps you could reach it but it becomes too painful. Because your body won't care if old age shrinking will make you shorter so it must reach 171, it will resist nonetheless. Plan to reach "the 170 range", even if it's just 169 or so in the end.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

llendpoint

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 10:37:02 PM »

As for the X-ray I'd say communicate with your doctor first (sorry if you already answered, but with whom?).

I don't have a LL doc yet. That is exactly my point. Should I get x rays from somewhere else before I choose a LL doc? Getting x rays from doc A locally, but doing the surgery with doc B internationally?

Don't go that route unless you wanna be unhappy.

LL is a risky endeavour and nobody can know how the results will be for every individual undergoing it.

What is for certain is that you can become a great deal taller with somewhat controllable risks depending on the doctor, the method, preparations and the amount lengthened. However, it's completely unforeseeable how much your body will alow your to lengthen. Don't plan on reaching a certain amount like 171 or 170, because perhaps it will be a little less or perhaps you will reach it, or perhaps you could reach it but it becomes too painful. Because your body won't care if old age shrinking will make you shorter so it must reach 171, it will resist nonetheless. Plan to reach "the 170 range", even if it's just 169 or so in the end.

I see your point. I guess when the body says no, I will stop increasing. So I treat my goal not as the minimum, but rather as the maximum.

In that aspect it does not matter if get x rays just to plan something theoretically, because I won't know how my body will respond to lenghtening.

Here is a +14 cm mock-up with jeans. (Was standing on a cooking pot that is exactly 14 cm tall before streching the legs)
http://imgur.com/tiIQeXl

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 10:43:34 PM »

I don't have a LL doc yet. That is exactly my point. Should I get x rays from somewhere else before I choose a LL doc? Getting x rays from doc A locally, but doing the surgery with doc B internationally?

I see your point. I guess when the body says no, I will stop increasing. So I treat my goal not as the minimum, but rather as the maximum.

In that aspect it does not matter if get x rays just to plan something theoretically, because I won't know how my body will respond to lenghtening.

Here is a +14 cm mock-up with jeans. (Was standing on a cooking pot that is exactly 14 cm tall before streching the legs)
You look good.
Go for that.

Alu

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 01:17:17 AM »

Oh I get what you mean dude. I'd probably just get an x-ray from the cheapest doctor you find. I'd contact the doctor whom you want to have LL first, then when he request x-rays try to find out what he's looking for. If you feel like any run of the mill certified doctor can get those X-rays for cheaper price, go there.

Lastly, if I'm going to be honest, from the latest mock-up... I'd consider Arm (humerus) lengthening as well

doomsday

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 04:19:00 AM »

I'm really surprised that most of you find the long femurs attractive. To me it almost looks ugly. But the image with only Tibias lengthened looks beautiful to me. I don't know, is it because girls usually have longer tibias? It's like I judge by what I find attractive in women  :-\

Yes, I do have bow legs. I had them analyzed once. The right bone lies 26 mm more to the right and the left bone 17 mm more to the left from each of their medial knee centers (or something like that).

Internationally it would be very slightly under 5 feet 7 inches. So 171 cm would do it and maybe counter the shrinking in old age aswell. It's the upper body that shrinks though. Just my thoughts on that.

Considering the bow legs, my patience, and the saving money part: After each year I could afford to go one tier higher in terms of LL costs. That would be Russia in one year, China in two years, Betz in three. (I find this hard to plan with all the price raising in the LL industry.)

Because of that I feel pretty much determined to do an external LL for tibias in about 1-2 years first. The gap after that is perfect to save up for an internal method for femurs.

Before reading the responses I thought that maybe +8 on tibias and +6 on femurs would look good. thats just how aesthetic I find the long tibias. But I must have been blind there.

Looking at the images again, I kinda convince myself that you guys are right that long femurs look good.

Thx guys, this is my plan:
- lenghtening 14-15 cm
- lengthening tibias first because it can be done earlier and correcting bow legs. (It forces me to do the 2nd LL because of short femurs)
- lenghtening tibias and femurs equally, or femurs more than tibias, without scraificing the minimum lenghtening goal of +14 cm

I will do more mock ups with jeans with +14 cm and +15 cm on both legs.

One unrelated question.
Is it worth getting x rays, so I can communicate better with international docs via mail and get a clear statement from them what's possible before flying there? If yes, does it matter if that x-ray is from a regular local doctor or a local LL-doc?

Is using hexapods restricted to a specific LL method or does any of the three methods (ilizariv, LON, LATN) include the option of correcting bow legs? I don't know what hexapods are yet. I will search for it.
First of all great physique, it looks like you pushed your physical boundaries and it’s time for LL.
As I former LL patient I can give you few advices.

Regarding proportions if I was you it I’d rather go for 8 cm for femurs and 6 cm on tibias.
The reason is that femurs heal much better and also are less complicated regarding LL (ballerina foot etc).
Now I think you should start from tibias. The reason is that once you lengthen your femurs your heart has to pump all that extra blood down to you tibias to heal them. I would rather avoid it and hit 6 cm on tibias (preferable LATN-faster healing and good alignment) then femurs. 
When it comes to Doctors and technique. For tibias I think the best option is Solomin. Really good facility (medem) and doctor that invented hexapod and has written few books to about orthopaedics. Also ruble is devaluated which is great but who knows for how long.
Now there is tricky part about femurs. I spoke with few doctors in Eastern Europe (an EU member so not a crap hole) that can do LL for just short patients. They offer ISKD nails and precise much cheaper since they are not in cosmetic business. If you want I can give you few details on PM. Just as an example ISKD (up to 8cm) surgery with 3 days stay in a world class clinic cost 25000 euros.

Edit,

When it comes to torso and leg proportions i wouldn't worry to much. Mock-ups look worse than real life body after LL. It will sound harsh but you're so short that even slightly out of proportions  you will be better off being 5'7, which is  still short but socially acceptable.  BTW what's your sitting height?

llendpoint

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 08:34:10 AM »

Thx for all the advice, things have become really clear now.

The ~arms~ will stay as they are. I find they are more important and complex than legs. Btw, can people not train their legs a little bit while doing LL by flexing the muscles? Image someone is flexing them all the time. You don't need weight for that. I also read that vivid imagination of yourself with a trained body (basically your self-image) will make your body move into that direction, like a placebo that makes you what you think you are.

About the ISDK nail for short people, after the tibias I wouldn't be short enough for that offer, would I? I gladly take the information. I find the homepage about the ISKD nail (http://www.advancedorthopaedics.com.sg/iskd-faq.html). Is it different from your contact information?

Sitting height is 84 cm.

I will check out the docs that were recommended and get one x ray. Russian docs haven't replied yet, except for Solomin, he at least got an autoresponder, and he's out of business until Juli 16th. That's one good impression.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:00:09 AM by LLprime2 »

doomsday

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 11:37:54 AM »

ISKD is everywhere the same. Your sitting height is fine for 172 cm.

biggerdreams

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 07:30:46 PM »

Can you get bow legs fix covered under insurance?

myloginacct

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 01:43:37 AM »

Sadly, the shorter you are, the less you can lengthen without problems. I hope everything goes well for you, but I'd advise to pay extremely closely attention to what your body says if you're going to lengthen 7cm on tibias at 156cm.

We had one 152cm Asian male here in the forums and he didn't manage to lengthen what he desired (7cm too). Maybe there was something he could have done better to reach his goal that you could learn from that link.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 04:38:46 AM »

OP how did you do this mockup? I want to try it myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up