Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Require verification for patient experiences  (Read 3826 times)

Android

Require verification for patient experiences
« on: October 12, 2017, 06:58:51 AM »

There's a lot of toxicity regarding patient experiences due to cynicism, which is completely understandable, but not always deserved. The validity of the patient experience can become a hotly debated topic of its own, and can sometimes derail the thread. It can also discourage updates by OP or even starting one in the first place.

I suggest we copy Reddit's IAmA model. Users can either provide public proof or seek approval privately with moderators; the process can be read in detail here. This is possible without sharing faces or other identifiable traits, such as X-rays or paperwork with properly hidden sections. If privately approved, a moderator can post in the #2 spot that they have been verified.

Yes, it's more work for OPs. But they won't have to go through the heartache of being called a liar.

As for old posts, they should be grandfathered since many of the OPs are gone anyway. Maybe we can add a flair to make verified posts stand out, and once enough new verified content comes in, we can move the grandfathered posts in its own section as archives.

I welcome any feedback you may have. This is one of the few places we can talk about this, so let's add some value to it.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

The Dreamer

Re: Require verification for patient experiences
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 12:10:57 PM »

I agree partially with you.
I fully support you when you say a diary needs validification and proofs.I have been saying that for long,almost since I have signed up this forum.
It is too easy to make diaries here.I'm tired of random guys arriving here and making "patient experience" like:
"Hi,I have done 80 cm on tibias but i don't want to share pics or videos because of privacy"
Altough i trust actual admins and mods,admins can be corrupted(as we have seen with old forum) so I would choose an another method
In order to write a diary it should required AT LEAST pics,videos and x-Rays.
Face can be covered with dark circle and who claims to fear being recognized by scars is simply a joke,or worse (a promoter)
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Android

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 04:29:38 PM »

Good point, yes, I think self verification is totally fine as long as they hit the main points (unique identifiers like X-rays/paperwork, handwritten username, photos, etc.).

Also, I first suggested that we move to verifying all posts in the future, but maybe that's unrealistic. I think it's enough to have two separate patient experience sections: Verified and Unverified. The OP can choose which to submit to, they can decide which route they'd like based on their circumstances (less scrutiny vs more privacy).
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

lldude

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 06:52:07 AM »

Agreed

The Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 06:45:17 PM »

Good point, yes, I think self verification is totally fine as long as they hit the main points (unique identifiers like X-rays/paperwork, handwritten username, photos, etc.).

Also, I first suggested that we move to verifying all posts in the future, but maybe that's unrealistic. I think it's enough to have two separate patient experience sections: Verified and Unverified. The OP can choose which to submit to, they can decide which route they'd like based on their circumstances (less scrutiny vs more privacy).
This is an interesting thread.It is very sad that no one gives a f-uck,preferring to debate psycological crap and dramas.
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

ub40

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »

I'll do a mitkovic diary soon, I don't have a problem providing verification to the mods. Not going to post xrays for everyone to see however
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Android

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 11:07:49 PM »

I'll do a mitkovic diary soon, I don't have a problem providing verification to the mods. Not going to post xrays for everyone to see however

Looking forward to it! I've been looking into him lately. I hope that your diary will be a peaceful one.

ketchum

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 11:36:12 PM »

Planning to do with him, I'm looking forward to your diary. Best wishes

dean9191

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 02:18:34 AM »

what is the big deal with xrays? no one can recognise you through xrays

Android

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »

what is the big deal with xrays? no one can recognise you through xrays

Photo of an X-ray on a desk with a piece of paper resting on it with OP's username written out would be better than nothing. No one can recognize you with just your legs either, but if a mod can verify them privately (Skype video call, "take a photo of you doing X," etc.), that's fine too.

myloginacct

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 11:42:07 PM »

That's a good idea.

Antonio

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 01:08:48 AM »

I agree partially with you.
I fully support you when you say a diary needs validification and proofs.I have been saying that for long,almost since I have signed up this forum.
It is too easy to make diaries here.I'm tired of random guys arriving here and making "patient experience" like:
"Hi,I have done 80 cm on tibias but i don't want to share pics or videos because of privacy"
Altough i trust actual admins and mods,admins can be corrupted(as we have seen with old forum) so I would choose an another method
In order to write a diary it should required AT LEAST pics,videos and x-Rays.
Face can be covered with dark circle and who claims to fear being recognized by scars is simply a joke,or worse (a promoter)

I completely agree!

Honore

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 03:08:54 AM »

I know this and old forum for some time now but just recently joined. I started reading all kind of posts on a daily basis and had my doubts from time to time... so I think this plan is excellent..

Me neither don't get the fuss about NOT posting x-rays due to privacy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up