Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deciding on proportions  (Read 2447 times)

farmerjohn1324

Deciding on proportions
« on: October 24, 2017, 01:46:11 PM »

I didn't see the proportions section of the forum until now.

I am currently just under 68". I would like to add up to the maximum of 14.5 cm. This would make me just under 74" or 6'2".

My wingspan is currently 70" so I would be just under 4" shorter in arm length than height. I am currently 39" to the widest part of the pelvis and 21.25" knee height.

I am not worried about short arms as I don't think it would be noticeable, but I want to keep as normal proportions as possible between tibia and femur and upper body.

What is your suggestion of how much to add and where?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yefd75jv36sxpmk/XCamera-20171024_094306.jpg?dl=0

Couldn't upload, so here's a link.

Jack1066

Re: Deciding on proportions
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »

1) I can only see one photo which doesn't show your full body or your legs properly.

2) 14.5 cm is  a lot of lengthening even on two segments.

3) 4" over your wingspan will be noticeable imo. You'll be good at 5'10" +. Save yourself the potential misery of bad proportions and don't go more than a couple of inches over your wingspan- say to 6'0" tops.

farmerjohn1324

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 11:14:15 PM »

1) I can only see one photo which doesn't show your full body or your legs properly.

2) 14.5 cm is  a lot of lengthening even on two segments.

3) 4" over your wingspan will be noticeable imo. You'll be good at 5'10" +. Save yourself the potential misery of bad proportions and don't go more than a couple of inches over your wingspan- say to 6'0" tops.

Can you suggest how much of that should be tibia versus femur?

Jack1066

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 10:59:05 AM »

It depends on what your bone length ratio already is. You can only tell that through scans.

You might be able to eye it a bit. My tibia seems to be pretty short so I think I'll be lengthening my tibia.

Most people have a naturally longer femur than tibia. An idea of what an average lengthening might look like is, say, 4 cm on your tibia and 6 on your femur.

farmerjohn1324

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 12:53:00 PM »

It depends on what your bone length ratio already is. You can only tell that through scans.

You might be able to eye it a bit. My tibia seems to be pretty short so I think I'll be lengthening my tibia.

Most people have a naturally longer femur than tibia. An idea of what an average lengthening might look like is, say, 4 cm on your tibia and 6 on your femur.

There's a CLL doctor here in orlandoflorida. I will make an appointment and ask his opinion. I've been talking to a doctor in Vietnam and he says the proportions would be okay. But I'll get different opinions.

farmerjohn1324

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 07:46:52 AM »

The CLL doctor in my home town only does a maximum of 4 inches total. And he wants $700 just for initial visit. That's too much for me to pay when I know I won't be using him anyway.

Andy

• Rough situations don't last, rough people do.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 08:13:29 AM »

Hi All, I got it in my mailbox yesterday and thought you might find it interesting:
https://www.athensbjr.com/blog--news/human-body-proportions-and-cosmetic-limb-lengthening
Best wishes

Honore

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »

Hi All, I got it in my mailbox yesterday and thought you might find it interesting:
https://www.athensbjr.com/blog--news/human-body-proportions-and-cosmetic-limb-lengthening
Best wishes

nice... thx...

farmerjohn1324

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 07:58:03 AM »

Best wishes

So did they ever come out with the data?

Android

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 05:41:21 PM »

You can read the abstract here, but the event that the doctor is presenting in hasn't happened yet; in fact it's this week (March 15 & 16), so hopefully it'll be released soon after.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh
Pages: [1]   Go Up