Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibia lengthening with LON method - Dr.Serkan Gurcan - Turkey  (Read 5938 times)

BSHR

• Visitor
Tibia lengthening with LON method - Dr.Serkan Gurcan - Turkey
« on: November 11, 2017, 09:59:19 AM »

I am 21, my beginning height was 145 cm and weight is 40 kg. Doctors who I consulted when I was 10 years old had the same answer about lack of growth hormone: “80% is genetic”. My mother’s height is 143 cm and father’s height is 160 cm. I want to confess: I was very angry with my parents inside. It wasn’t for genetic expression, but because they didn’t support me while I was searching ways how to grow taller.
Even the words “height”, “stature” were enough to disturb me, I was called “shorty” when I study in the first grade of primary school. So I was angry at my friends.

I used to live this life in such way. Mostly I was ashamed of myself. It’s terrible for a human being ashamed by his own self, is not it?

I was unconfident, but not bulky. I tried to increase my height with natural ways. I didn't get a good result, but at least I could say “I did all my best”.

Lengthening surgery was the last resort. I initially was hopeless about surgery, but on the occasion of a friend and his site, I had a hope. Then my uncle took me out of the impasse I was in, and thanks to him I had surgery on July 19, 2017 with dr Serkan Gurcan. After 4 days I began to walk with walker and on 7th day I walked unaided. I could walk unaided since my lengthening cought 4.5 cms, it was painful, hard period. I got an allergy. Then I began to walk with walker again. After 5 cm my heels didn't touch a ground, I walked on tiptoes  (ballerina syndrome). Sometimes I felt numb in my legs. Totally my lengthening process took abt 4 months. Now I am trying to stretch my achilles tendon and manage of "ballerina syndrome".

My post-operative period was hard and pain was very sharp. But be sure that it wasn’t more painful than when I heard a person I loved with passion said behind me “Pity! This girl too short”. You can’t imagine my pain and psychological blow that I felt when I heard it.

I don't regret of having this surgery. Just think! If I haven’t the lengthening surgery, I’d be ashamed of myself for all my life. Now I am 81 mm taller and I am in consolidation process. I have forgotten all my painful story, even with only 1 cm that I gain. I was freed from the “diseased psychology”.

BSHR

• Visitor

dean9191

Re: Tibia lengthening with LON method - Dr.Serkan Gurcan - Turkey
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 12:38:18 PM »

THank you for the diary. I hope you best of luck and im sure you will come out of this journey swiftly.
Can we know about the cost of the surgery please

BSHR

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 05:28:13 PM »

Thank you :) I paid with TL, it must be over 15 000 euro. You can google abt limb lengthening surgery doctors and cost in Turkey :)

HHHeir

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 12:49:30 AM »

Hi we all understand how you felt before but we are glad that now your taller  :) all the best for consolidation.
Could you please tell us more about this doctor? how much is cost you?. thanks

BSHR

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 09:18:41 PM »

Hi we all understand how you felt before but we are glad that now your taller  :) all the best for consolidation.
Could you please tell us more about this doctor? how much is cost you?. thanks
Thank you :)
My doctor performs limb lengthening surgery with Holyfix, LON and Fitbone methods. He works in Istanbul. I paid with TL, for foreign patients I asked, he said "LON method is 18.000, Holyfix is 15.000 and fitbone is 45.000 euro". His name is Serkan Gurcan, you can get info abt him on internet.

mehmetcanan

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 02:56:02 PM »

BSHR, are you pleased with your doctor? And what is your opinion, are there any advantages of the LON method compared to external fixators?

BSHR

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 01:29:34 PM »

metmetcanan, yes I do. I have a problem with ballerina syndrome, but as I see almost all limb lengthening patients have the same problem with it. So there is no point be unpleased with my doctor. He is an experienced doctor in this field.
About LON method, the advantage is reducing process, and this method is comfortable compared to ilizarov, or holyfix methods. You are more comfortable and spend less time.

mehmetcanan

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 07:10:19 PM »

Firstly, thank you for your answer.
I searched for your doctor and found some patient diaries on website http://wannabetaller.com/ where they mentioned dr. Serkan. But I am not sure if he is your doctor. Can you do a favor for me and check it please?

BSHR

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 07:10:28 PM »

Not at all.

I looked at this website. Yes, this Dr. Serkan Gurcan is my doctor :)

3inchhope

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 11:45:29 PM »

Hi

I wonder would you be able to answer some general questions regarding LON.

i've read that there is a higher risk of intramedullary nail infection with LON, is this still the case and was it something you ever felt at risk of ?

Im a little worried of the dangers of LON. Can such deep sepsis/infections result in serious consequences like death or amputation or is it easily treated?

Is it 2 or 3 surgeries in total required for LON?

I understand the nail has to be removed in the last surgery and this is done long after consolidation unless im mistaken. Is there much risk that in that time nails could get bent or infected?

Does LON carry the same risks of permanent knee pain as internal methods?

Thanks

myloginacct

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 11:50:52 PM »

I've never done LL. Take my post with a grain of salt.

I have this link from Parihar about the methods. He's a LL doctor so take it with a grain of salt too. Trust mostly vets who have gone through it.
https://sites.google.com/site/cllrpatients/faqs/cosmeticlengthening

Edit: Also, it'd be good if mods could take a little look over this thread. Too many low post number accounts have been posting here. Make sure they're all different IPs and it's not all a single person with a vested interest in that people go to this doctor. Also edited out a part of my post because I had misread 3inchhope's.

BSHR

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 11:19:42 AM »

Hi

I wonder would you be able to answer some general questions regarding LON.

i've read that there is a higher risk of intramedullary nail infection with LON, is this still the case and was it something you ever felt at risk of ?

Im a little worried of the dangers of LON. Can such deep sepsis/infections result in serious consequences like death or amputation or is it easily treated?

Is it 2 or 3 surgeries in total required for LON?

I understand the nail has to be removed in the last surgery and this is done long after consolidation unless im mistaken. Is there much risk that in that time nails could get bent or infected?

Does LON carry the same risks of permanent knee pain as internal methods?

Thanks

Hi.
Yes, there is a big risk with intramedullary nail infection with LON. I finished lengthening period, I hope there will not be such of problems with me. If I am not wrong, if doctor will figure out infection earlier, there is treatment for it. but if it is late, so there must be serious peoblem, even amputation. I didn't hear abt such of big problems who have had it, but it is possible. Generally, LL surgery is risky, it doesn't depend on the method. If you think abt surgery, you should decide carefully. I had 2 surgeries. 3 rd surgery will be abt after 2 years for taking out intramedullary nail. I had knee pain, but not all time. My main problem for now is a ballerina syndrome. I m trying to solve it.

BSHR

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 11:22:30 AM »

I've never done LL. Take my post with a grain of salt.

I have this link from Parihar about the methods. He's a LL doctor so take it with a grain of salt too. Trust mostly vets who have gone through it.
https://sites.google.com/site/cllrpatients/faqs/cosmeticlengthening

Edit: Also, it'd be good if mods could take a little look over this thread. Too many low post number accounts have been posting here. Make sure they're all different IPs and it's not all a single person with a vested interest in that people go to this doctor. Also edited out a part of my post because I had misread 3inchhope's.

What is going on here?

mehmetcanan

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 11:55:40 AM »

BSHR, I have some questions about postoperative period, especially abt ballerina syndrome. I sent  you dm, can you answer them please?

Leyla90

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »

As you wrote above you lengthened your height 8.1 cm, do you look good in proportions?

Masonm101

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 03:45:38 PM »

Hi, BSHR how are you now? we will be pleased to hear from you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up