Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions/advice on my proportion?  (Read 2878 times)

painandsacrifice

• Visitor
Opinions/advice on my proportion?
« on: November 13, 2017, 11:51:27 AM »

Hello, 19 year old male here, I'm saving up for a surgery to fix my height.

I'm 159 cm which is extremely short, sitting height is around 80 cm and my wingspan is around 165 cm, my most conservative own measurement. Here is my proportion: https://imgur.com/5F6wPbp

I'm hoping for at least a 12cm gain to 171, is that too too much? Also considering my age, I'm skinny and not very athletic. Hope to do both femur and tibia

Android

Re: Opinions/advice on my proportion?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:47:01 PM »

12cm across tibias and femurs isn't unrealistic, but you'll need to consult a doctor for an accurate assessment. Your body type shouldn't be an issue, it's better to be lightweight than overweight. Your youth is an asset as that generally means faster healing/consolidation.

Here are some questions that will help us:
What's your budget range? What country/region are you in? Can you take a year off? Does your family know you want to do this?
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

painandsacrifice

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 03:58:07 PM »

Android Thanks for the reply. I'm in the Southeast Asia region, budget wise, I'm hoping the entire treatment won't exceed 80k USD. I'd hope to do it in Singapore or Korea but I've read a lot about Dr Guichet and I won't leave out Europe or the US as my option just that I know it would jack up the cost to more than multiple thousands over 100k USD but if it means better, safer treatment and more growth then I'd take that. I should be able to take a year off 2 years from now after my studies and my parents are very sympathetic so there's that. Also sure that more than 10 cm would take multiple treatments so is my price expectation realistic?

painandsacrifice

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 05:09:37 PM »

So I just discovered how to make mockups and played around until my proportion is too exaggerated. Not taking into account if it's even possible for my body to handle more than 10cm without complications or losing athletic abilities. The height added is split between femur and tibia

https://imgur.com/jpls90M

bander72.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:05:56 PM »

1,59m is a pretty good kind of height, I suggest you to forget this paranoia about height and try to find some sport to workout your body and read some books to boost your intellect
Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

painandsacrifice

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 03:29:11 AM »

Almost 90% of males and even fking females my age range towers over me at 159cm by more than 8cm. It gets really bad, I don't think you've felt how much it sucks to be more than 8cm shorter than your friends. It can drive you mad, not to mention no one takes you seriously and no one speaks to you as an adult.

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 08:48:04 AM »

1,59m is a pretty good kind of height, I suggest you to forget this paranoia about height and try to find some sport to workout your body and read some books to boost your intellect

wtf did I just read...
starting height: 172.2 cm (5'8")

WarRose

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 08:54:16 AM »

You look good at 171 👍

onemorefoot

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 05:09:18 AM »

At least you are bright, you didnt have to read a 6 4" Guy trying to reach 7', because the low average in his country is 6 11", so at 6 4" he wasnt taken seriously And felt depressed.
Budget will determine my future.

Overdozer

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 09:16:06 AM »

You look great wtf. Arm span is great for LL, however SH is low. There's no way it's 80 cm, your SH/H ratio would be 0.5, while at your height it should be around 86 cm, take a look -

That's Dutch men with average 184 cm height. And you should be around +2.5 SD. So your ratio is 0.54 now and will be 0.5 after LL. That's normal as you can see.

And no 12 isn't too much, especially in your case. It will be tough, but totally worth it IMO in your case. You will lose athletic abilities for sure, but not that much. Just do it with a good surgeon.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

painandsacrifice

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 11:32:14 AM »

Thanks for the helpful information. It might be my bad slouching posture which throws the sh measurement off, I've been doing some spine exercises the past 2 weeks and I measured myself and tried to correct my posture and it comes to around 162-163 which is still very short but should really help reduce the burden of the surgery. It's crazy that you have grown from 167 to 181, definitely makes me feel more confident, my ideal height is 175 and I wouldn't be against wearing lifts. Regarding athletic abilities as long as I can do some light jogging and light sports like tennis, I'm happy. I probably have to start sorting logistics required for this surgery since it's still really early and I don't have to worry about stuff like career/resume gaps yet.

myloginacct

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 03:58:24 PM »

Thanks for the helpful information. It might be my bad slouching posture which throws the sh measurement off, I've been doing some spine exercises the past 2 weeks and I measured myself and tried to correct my posture and it comes to around 162-163 which is still very short but should really help reduce the burden of the surgery. It's crazy that you have grown from 167 to 181, definitely makes me feel more confident, my ideal height is 175 and I wouldn't be against wearing lifts. Regarding athletic abilities as long as I can do some light jogging and light sports like tennis, I'm happy. I probably have to start sorting logistics required for this surgery since it's still really early and I don't have to worry about stuff like career/resume gaps yet.

Can you share some of those spine exercises?

painandsacrifice

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 03:56:07 PM »

Can you share some of those spine exercises?

Just search on youtube stretching exercises for height. The most important areas are the spine, neck and shoulders. I still find myself slouching from time to time and still have to exert some strength and effort to stand/sit straight and have a better posture. The more you do it the more natural it will start to feel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up