Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Commercial Pilots and Limb Lengthening  (Read 1793 times)

gfjgjlsdgj;ldsgjs;dkg

• Visitor
Commercial Pilots and Limb Lengthening
« on: November 22, 2017, 10:16:43 PM »

Hi Guys. Anyone on this forum know if there are any risks for doing LL if one is a commercial pilot? I'm looking at a 10cm gain in my femurs with Dr. Guichet to reach 182cm. Anyone know if this is a good idea? I' like to do the surgery, but I'm not willing to risk my career.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this forum so sorry if this is in the wrong section.

google42

Re: Commercial Pilots and Limb Lengthening
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:01:22 AM »

Your going to be away from your job for a long time and they will probably hire a new pilot to take your place. You may not be able to get your job back. Complications could also occur which could make things a whole lot worse and you might not be able to fly again, but I think chances of that are not likely. You probably know more then I do about the airline industry so you can figure out how easy it will be for you to get your job back and get back on track.

FDR101

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 01:05:05 AM »

AFAIK you have to inform your medical authoraties when you get surgery and they then evaluate whether you can continue or when you can.

Id advise against trying for 10 cm though or you will end up in a wheelchair for good.

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 01:23:28 AM »

The first thing you need to know is that 10cm is too much for a single LL. That's what's expected from doing it two times and playing it "safe"; doing 5cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs (though, 4cm tibias + 6cm femurs would probably be safer).

I'd suggest phoning, e-mailing, and setting up consultations with the doctors you're interested in so you can ask them about everything that worries you.

gfjgjlsdgj;ldsgjs;dkg

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »

Wow guys. Thanks for all the information and quick responses. I'll definitely look into it. I'm thinking of maybe doing 8cm with Precise 2 with Dr. Paley. Any thoughts?

myloginacct

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 02:05:56 PM »

8cm is still too much for me. You could ask Paley directly about it, though.

No one will be able to tell the difference between 6 and 8cm except for your friends that are exactly 180cm. Worry more about your own recovery, not exact numbers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up