Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4-5cm of leg lengthening for acting and bodybuilding  (Read 4496 times)

MrHandsome

4-5cm of leg lengthening for acting and bodybuilding
« on: November 25, 2017, 04:16:03 AM »

Hey guys I am sick of being short and I spoke to a pro bodybuilder who did 4cm lengthening but only on 1 leg. He still squats and deadlifts 500 for reps but he only did one leg. I am planning to do both legs would this amount be safe for me to return to sports?

google42

Re: 4-5cm of leg lengthening for acting and bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 04:46:55 AM »

I think you should ask an actual orthopedics doctor/surgeon.

Thatdude950

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 10:06:14 AM »

Has Leg lengthening. Reps out 500lb squats and deadlifts : /

Lies make baby Jesus cry

MrHandsome

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »

He does I saw the videos but he only lengthened 1 leg not two.

U only live once

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 12:48:49 PM »

How tall are you?

Well it does not really matter because height is a relative matter, but if you feel that your current height is holding you back then go for it. Any good surgeon will start by asking you these questions, if you feel that you could improve your life then do it. LL is expensive and it takes a toll in all facets of your life, but when you see that you are getting taller , man the feeling is priceless !!!

All the best!!
Aim high

MrHandsome

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 12:51:20 PM »

I am 5'8 and I am going for 5'10. I spoke to the bodybuilder and will be meeting with him soon.

The reason why I am doing this surgery is to be in the average range. I might only go with 4cm possibly because I still want to compete in professional bodybuilding.

FDR101

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 12:54:25 PM »

If he only did one leg it’s because there was a discrepancy before, so the LL just restored his natural tibia/femur ratio and probably improved his lifting ability.

If you artificially lengthen your tibia or femur you’re going away from the natural tibia/femur balance and thus you won’t be able to lift near anything like before.

People with longer femurs have a harder time squatting even without weights  from what I know

MrHandsome

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 12:55:02 PM »

Has Leg lengthening. Reps out 500lb squats and deadlifts : /

Lies make baby Jesus cry

He has videos and they are on youtube so he can't lie. The difference is that he did one leg though as opposed to two.

MrHandsome

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 12:59:08 PM »

If he only did one leg it’s because there was a discrepancy before, so the LL just restored his natural tibia/femur ratio and probably improved his lifting ability.

If you artificially lengthen your tibia or femur you’re going away from the natural tibia/femur balance and thus you won’t be able to lift near anything like before.

People with longer femurs have a harder time squatting even without weights  from what I know

Yes he told me his lifting improved but discrepancy is different than bilateral lengthening. I will have to discuss these concerns with the doctor. Honestly I might just end up doing 1 inch on each segment. I need to be very careful to avoid any complications.

myloginacct

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 01:40:50 PM »

I'd personally give up on LL if I cared more about body building than my height. LL stretches soft issue. No matter how safe you try to play it, it's never going to be the same again. Then again, you spoke to Body Builder. If you know you can still decently tone your lower body out after LL, then maybe it might be alright for you.

Just remember the height of Mr. Olympia winners averages out to 5'8.5", if I recall correctly. Don't overdo things when you don't need to.

MrHandsome

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 01:54:46 PM »

Not the bodybuilder on here but a pro bodybuilder. Anyway I'll see if I can do the surgery or not it will be a tough dilemma to sort out.

MrHandsome

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2017, 01:55:59 PM »

The issue is that if you pursue bodybuilding as a short guy then you start getting accusations of little man syndrome it's just one of those things.

myloginacct

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2017, 02:01:22 PM »

Don't let a few opinions from nobodies lead you to take decisions that will follow you for the rest of your life. The decision needs to come from and be about yourself.

MrHandsome

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 02:06:58 PM »

Yeah I am going to think about it for a while before doing it that's for sure. If I do end up doing it I will be very very conservative that's for sure.

myloginacct

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 02:17:10 PM »

For what it is worth it, 5'8 is an above average height worldwide if you take the world's average male height. I know most of you come from countries populated by people of primarily Germanic descent so it can still be hard to not feel short at heights below 5'10, but that doesn't mean you guys should be feeling like "little men" or midgets.

Thatdude950

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 01:19:37 AM »

The only way this *may* be possible is if he had the surgery as a child/teenager to fix the discrepancy, got a perfect result & recovery (a few years), has now been training for 5+ years, & is probably juicing. The simpler explanation is that either you or he is full of crap.

MrHandsome

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 02:22:46 AM »

It's been 3 years since he had the surgery and yes he has been taking steroids. No he did not do the surgery as a child.

U only live once

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 08:04:14 AM »

I am 5'8 and I am going for 5'10. I spoke to the bodybuilder and will be meeting with him soon.

The reason why I am doing this surgery is to be in the average range. I might only go with 4cm possibly because I still want to compete in professional bodybuilding.

Ok 4cm is very safe, In fact, I have reached about 4.6cm so far and still growing, definitely you will see some difference when you reach your 4th centimeter. Personally, I always thought that if I am to have this surgery, I would try to get the best bargain that I could possibly and safely get from my money and time. So in my case, i decided 6 cm however right now my goal is 5.5 as my legs seem to be looking at their best at about 5cm. Although, I have already lengthened 4.6cm my leg does not look disproportional in any way. When I compared my lengthened leg with my normal leg I can see I had very short femurs before and this surgery is improving my legs from a cosmetic point of view.

My suggestion for you would be what i did before the surgery shop around and don't be cheap in travelling, get to know your surgeon beforehand. Choose at the very least three doctors and don't be shy in asking them loads of questions.

All the best!
Aim high

dean9191

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 11:41:56 AM »

Hi. are you not doing bilateral? can i know your doctor? good luck mate

U only live once

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 02:47:56 AM »

Hi. are you not doing bilateral? can i know your doctor? good luck mate

No, dean9191, I am not. I am doing two-stage LL due to work commitments. I did my surgery in Barcelona - Spain with Dr. Monegal.

May I ask, where are you from?
Aim high

dean9191

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 03:56:09 PM »

i am from Asia , an island close to india
Pages: [1]   Go Up