Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recovery from two surgeries  (Read 2187 times)

ramaka

Recovery from two surgeries
« on: December 08, 2017, 12:53:09 AM »

Hey guys if someone wanted to get two surgeries one of femurs and one on tibia 5 cm on both how long would it take to recover.

I’m 177.7 cm 5’10 and want to get to 6’2 187.7 cm

Sitting height is 94.5
Wingspan 182.6
Inseam 78 cm
Torso size 20 inches

The reason I listed all the above information was to get your view on current per portions and what they would look like after surgery

Inseam btw after surgery would be 88 cm 34 inches which for 6’2 doesn’t seem to out of proportions.

What are your thoughts on this information.

Moon knight

Re: Recovery from two surgeries
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 10:33:20 PM »

realistically your stats apart from wingspan would probably be good for the height that you are looking to achieve from LL my friend has a torso of 18.5 inches and he is 6'1 so if you lengthening this much then really there should be no problem because you have a good size torso for that height 
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

ramaka

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 03:42:32 PM »

Yea the torso size isn’t the problem I mean look at Conan O’Brian he has a really short torso compared to his height and he’s like 6’5 only real problem is armspan/Wingspan

Android

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 08:51:17 PM »

Let's suppose that you do cross-lengthening of 10 cm, external tibias and internal femurs. The fastest you can be fully weight-bearing on all segments, walking unaided, is around a year without complications. If you opt to do them separately, give it two years (with the flexibility of not stopping if satisfied or taking a break).

Regarding the outcome, the choice is yours:
  • Get 5 cm done on tibias or femurs to match your wingspan
  • Get all segments done and prioritize height over proportions
Not everyone is born with "perfect" proportions, and not everyone expects you to be. The magic of CLL is that you have a chance to tweak it. We (i.e. the CLL community) pick apart celebrities like Henry Cavill, but everyone else won't even bat an eye. You'll be the one you're pleasing, so just go with your gut.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 11:46:52 PM »

Proportions don't matter unless you do, like, 8cm on a single segment. If you take a look at many taller people, you'll notice they simply seem to have "long leg" genes. Not all of them have bigger torsos, shoulders, etc to go with their legs.

ramaka

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 12:37:53 AM »

Let's suppose that you do cross-lengthening of 10 cm, external tibias and internal femurs. The fastest you can be fully weight-bearing on all segments, walking unaided, is around a year without complications. If you opt to do them separately, give it two years (with the flexibility of not stopping if satisfied or taking a break).

Regarding the outcome, the choice is yours:
  • Get 5 cm done on tibias or femurs to match your wingspan
  • Get all segments done and prioritize height over proportions
Not everyone is born with "perfect" proportions, and not everyone expects you to be. The magic of CLL is that you have a chance to tweak it. We (i.e. the CLL community) pick apart celebrities like Henry Cavill, but everyone else won't even bat an eye. You'll be the one you're pleasing, so just go with your gut.

Thanks for thE advice what is better for recovery and being able to run and so on after LL 2 surgeries at the same time or a year apart and yea thanks for reminding me about Cavill’s perportions no on other then LL forum people even notice it

ramaka

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 12:42:09 AM »

Proportions don't matter unless you do, like, 8cm on a single segment. If you take a look at many taller people, you'll notice they simply seem to have "long leg" genes. Not all of them have bigger torsos, shoulders, etc to go with their legs.

That’s actually pretty true I’m pretty sure if you do a photoshop of some people next to super tall people just raising their legs they would look pretty even.

You make an excellent point

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »

correct, that is why 'leggy beauty' is the word often used to describe tall women/actresses/models.

Moon knight

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 09:31:07 PM »

correct, that is why 'leggy beauty' is the word often used to describe tall women/actresses/models.

while i do agree with you on one hand you there are actually some famous people who have naturally long legs that are male one example Hugh Jackman who if you watched any of the X-men films has pretty medium torso size to legs ratio
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

myloginacct

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 02:27:06 AM »

My brother is 173cm and he has much wider shoulders than all of my 180cm friends. Really, it's mostly just all about the legs. The torso is also generally a bit longer in taller guys, but it depends on the person. Women, specially, just look they have long legs and arms. The torsos look about the same as those of shorter women, unless the woman in question is considerably tall.
Pages: [1]   Go Up