Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: On road for 10 cm closer to the sky with Dr. Ghassan Salameh and Dr. Schmidt  (Read 10779 times)

montahn

Hello

any update on your situation?

Thanks
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

jackson5

Hello

any update on your situation?

Thanks

Hi all,
it has been one year and half (18 months) since my surgery. Now I can run, I played football last week. I had a fear if I would be able to play foot and run but after some muscle warming up it was fine and I played for one hour, no pain during and after. No longer ballerina feet but I still have some discomfort in my feet as they push a little bit hard on the ground when I stand up. My left leg is slightly longer than the right and is more uncomfortable.
I have one fear at this time, I hear a cracking sound in my right ankle almost each time I extend it. Doctor Salameh told me it will go with time so I hope it will really be the case. If it is, my surgery will be almost perfect. I have also some very little pain in my knee (left mainly) when going upstairs but it seem to fade with time (even if sometime it seems to come back)!
I still don't want to do ATL but I don't know if I will regret it when old man. My feet are not comfortable as it is now (any advice?)!
Don't panic with your ballerina feet it will be fine with time.
I am very satisfied with Doctor Salameh, he did a good job
Hope this post helps you.

Montreal172

So how much did you end up lengthening, and how long did you have to wear the apparatus on your leg ?

Gman23

Hi how tall were you before the surgery and which surgeon did you do it with and the costs for the surgery. Can you walk properly, stand up for few hours possibly 12 hours?

Let me know thank you !

jackson5

Hello,
I was at night 168,5 cm. Now at 175 cm. I'm very happy with that. And I can see the difference in my life.
I can tell you also I have successfully done military level training after my surgery (run, extreme sport, etc.), it was just a little bit hard but largely doable. Now I have just a little bit discomfort when I stay long time straight (i.e. 5 hours standing in a night club for example). That means that almost all the pains are transitory and after 2 years they will likely disappear. The last thing which can remain or goes very slowly is the discomfort in the feet when I stand up long time at the same place as I told before. I have done 6.5 cm (less than 7cm, in fact perhaps 6 cm for right leg and 7 cm for the other because I have 0.9 cm difference between the two legs). When doing your LL, be sure from time to time to do the X-Ray of the whole legs together from top to bottom to check for discrepancies, I haven’t done that and as I was doing my lengthening at home, I didn’t think about that. Discrepancies less than 1.5 cm can’t be seen, it just can bring you back pain until your body readapt to it as I’ve read in some scientific article (and yes sometime I can sense this back pain when I make some move in my bed but for what LL bring to me this is a very small deal to me).

Heath status: very fine
Comfort level: slight discomfort (without ATL)
Surgery: Very happy with the result, this changes my life

Best regards and good luck for the newcomers
Jackson 5

jan

• Visitor

hello from sydney

Jackson5 i would like to congratulate on your new look
your diary is motivating and dragging me a step closer to Dr Salameh

what would be negative thing to say about Salamehs team pls
as iam considering him next year
Iam 152cm tall for a 30 yr male, i suck, need to do some thing about it

jackson5

Hello Jan,
For me Dr Salameh is a very good doctor and have word to comfort you when you are in panic (and by reading post on this site sometimes you will panic, you will have doubts, etc. but don't worry). Dr Salameh works with Dr Schmidt in Germany and their clinic is a very good one. I have a friend there who told me that the clinic is the choice of wealthy Germans. The device Salameh fix have no problem.
What annoyed me a little bit is that Dr Salameh is a bit conservative and will configure device for 7 cm max only at the beginning. Then later he can change it but when you are in a wheelchair at home it is very difficult to plan a trip to German to change the pin for a few cm. The after-surgery service which is in charge of Dr Schmidt was not as good as I would like. When I had my surgery, the apartment was under renovation, no one to help when Dr Schmidt wasn't present. But I think after renovation things got better.
They both Dr Salameh and Dr Schmidt are kind (my personal feeling Dr Salameh is very kind, Dr Schmid is just kind but very professional as every service provider in Europe). Their services are largely good for their prices.
I don't regret all my choices for the Doctor and the device. The only thing I regret is to forget to do the X-Ray of my entire leg together to seek for discrepancies at each X-Ray. So, you know now, DO IT, DO IT, DOT IT!
(in my case 0.9 cm discrepancies is not a problem for me as I can dance, run, jump, play football, etc. perhaps at 70 years old it will be a different story but .... perhaps I will die before :-))

Cheers

jan

• Visitor

thanks a alot for staying in touch Jackson5

i feel relieved a abit , i have no clue  what german visa will allow (an australian citizen)me to stay longer than 6 or 7 months but in 2 months time,iam booking a flight to berlin to see my brother he lives there and from there to frankfurt to have an appointment with Drs salameh+schmidt, what do u say i should do before i get to germany regarding the appointment? i have only contacted Salameh via email 4 years ago about the LL surgery in syria but he didnt recommend it in syria as it was cheap there, now i have saved up to do it in germany, are they available for appointments anytime or not really ?

Canon

Hey, I am also thinking of Salameh because I am a German and live quite near to him. I am following your story. Wish you all the best.

jan

• Visitor

hello Canon

when is ur plan for the Ll surgery ? if i may ask

cyborg4life

Great post my man! I love hearing stories of a successful surgery. I got it done to balance a height imbalance almost 8yrs ago. In fact I was in one of the initial PRECICE 1 studies. Only gained almost 2" as this is what I needed but my posture got better too and confidence truly does soar. Wishing you the best going forward!
Part of PRECICE nail pilot study in 2012 to fix near 2" leg length discrepancy on left tibia
www.cyborg4life.com
YouTube:@Cyborg 4 Life
Instagram:@bigvicpro

jackson5

thanks a alot for staying in touch Jackson5

i feel relieved a abit , i have no clue  what german visa will allow (an australian citizen)me to stay longer than 6 or 7 months but in 2 months time,iam booking a flight to berlin to see my brother he lives there and from there to frankfurt to have an appointment with Drs salameh+schmidt, what do u say i should do before i get to germany regarding the appointment? i have only contacted Salameh via email 4 years ago about the LL surgery in syria but he didnt recommend it in syria as it was cheap there, now i have saved up to do it in germany, are they available for appointments anytime or not really ?

Hello all,
If you want to see Dr sSalameh you must plan it with him because his doesn’t live in Germany (he is Syrian). He told me that on 23rd of march his has a surgery in Germany so you can meet him at this time. You can join him at ghassanorth@yahoo.com, he is very reactive on what’s up (+963 944 363 15 six : I putted the last number in word to avoid spam robot, please be sure to add that digit to the number) I mainly used this communication channel with him and Dr Schmidt. He told me that for consultation you can join him in Germany from 22nd of March or plan it on what’s up.

Best regards

jan

• Visitor

hi Jackson5
how are u going mate ? seems like you r living the life

please update us sometimes
thanks

jan

• Visitor

hi Jackson5

how are u doing mate ? tell us alittle bit