Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One inherent advantage that short people have over tall people.  (Read 3856 times)

One inherent advantage that short people have over tall people.
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:51:49 AM »

In fistfighting, given equal skill, tall people are have advantages due to heavier mass and longer reach.

In gunfighting, it's the other way around. Given equal skill and short people have advantages. Apart the fact of being a smaller target, a short person would be more agile in moving and dodging the bullets. Also, easier to hide and cover oneself.

Now, we found one reason to be short.

Zeo

Re: One inherent advantage that short people have over tall people.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:49:35 AM »

I'm glad your thinking more positively Bruce
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 06:31:51 PM »

I'm glad your thinking more positively Bruce

Thank you. It's not so much about me thinking positively. I'm just stating what it is. I didn't say that every short guy shall reap this benefit or this advantage outweigh the disadvantages.

Android

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 06:51:48 PM »

And who cares about height when your opponent's dead, right?

Seriously though, this is an extreme example. There are more realistic benefits that shorter people can experience without guns or aggression: more leg room on transportation vehicles, bump into things less (e.g. older architecture), and can sleep comfortably on a couch when crashing at a friend's place.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 10:16:47 PM »

And who cares about height when your opponent's dead, right?

Seriously though, this is an extreme example. There are more realistic benefits that shorter people can experience without guns or aggression: more leg room on transportation vehicles, bump into things less (e.g. older architecture), and can sleep comfortably on a couch when crashing at a friend's place.

I'm giving a legit example. What you mention, however, are jokes.

Android

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 10:18:52 PM »

I'm giving a legit example. What you mention, however, are jokes.

Convinced more than ever that your account is satire.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 10:42:51 PM »

Convinced more than ever that your account is satire.

It's not. Advantages in gunfighting give you power, who the fk is worrying about sleeping comfortably at friend's place? You gotta be kidding.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 01:03:21 AM »

Unless you live in a warzone I wouldn't count this as a benefit.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

FormerKidd

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 01:41:08 AM »

The only advantage I ever felt was in small airplanes :)

extremis

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 04:30:58 AM »

One of the stupidest and most pathetic copes I've seen this user post in my entire time on this site.

1.) Nobody is impressed by people who pull guns on anyone. Being able to beat someone's ass in a fist fight is a sign of masculinity. Pulling a gun on someone like a scared pussy isn't.

2.) You're not a character in a war movie. You're not a veteran either. You have zero experience being on a battlefield. Being a "smaller target" isn't going to help you not get shot.

3.) Unless you live in the U.S., and in a state where it's legal to own and carry a gun, or in some war-torn country like Syria, it is literally one hundred percent inconsequential whether or not you're a "smaller target" for gunfire or not. Are you expecting a shootout to break out spontaneously? Give me a break.

The real "advantages" of being short are inconsequential bull  like what Android said: more "leg room" on public transportation, slightly longer lifespan, pay less for shoes because your feet are smaller, blah blah blah. No one cares about this crap. If any of these "advantages" were worth a damn this site would be a ghost town. Get real.

Zeo

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 04:48:49 AM »

Just let him have this guys

I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Android

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 05:22:25 AM »

Just let him have this guys

Chuckled. Sure thing, this is sentiment I can agree with.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 11:33:12 AM »

One of the stupidest and most pathetic copes I've seen this user post in my entire time on this site.

1.) Nobody is impressed by people who pull guns on anyone. Being able to beat someone's ass in a fist fight is a sign of masculinity. Pulling a gun on someone like a scared pussy isn't.

2.) You're not a character in a war movie. You're not a veteran either. You have zero experience being on a battlefield. Being a "smaller target" isn't going to help you not get shot.

3.) Unless you live in the U.S., and in a state where it's legal to own and carry a gun, or in some war-torn country like Syria, it is literally one hundred percent inconsequential whether or not you're a "smaller target" for gunfire or not. Are you expecting a shootout to break out spontaneously? Give me a break.

The real "advantages" of being short are inconsequential bull  like what Android said: more "leg room" on public transportation, slightly longer lifespan, pay less for shoes because your feet are smaller, blah blah blah. No one cares about this crap. If any of these "advantages" were worth a damn this site would be a ghost town. Get real.

I agree that in general, defeating someone in gunfighting is not as impressive as beating someone in fistfighting. But it also depends on how you shoot. Shooting point blank would be seen as scared pussy, but a few hundreds feet away could be perceived as impressive as it'd show that the shooter is a dedicated shooter who possessed a considerable amount of skills in shooting a gun eventhough it has little to do with masculinity. Secondly, it takes a lot of guts to be in a gunfighting in the first place (I'm not talking about shooting someone from the back). So your opinion of beating someone in gunfighting not being a sign of masculinity might not be entirely true.

Needless to say, soldiers use gun, mafia uses gun, cowboys uses gun, even punk uses gun. Why isn't there anyone saying Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson are scared pussies? Sometimes it's not always about impressing people and attracting the opposite sex, but getting the job done. Fact is a gun can put your enemy away for eternal in a wink of an eye regardless of how impressive it is.

It might not a benefit everyone would experience. But an advantage is still an advantage. Short people who are not looking to get laid every night might not reap the benefit of LL as much.

Antonio

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 07:00:49 AM »

You are forgetting the key advantage of being shorter: longer life! In modern times size for physical battle is no longer necessary and it has been shown that the genes for longer life are found more in shorter people. Longest living people in the world are Okinawans, and in Europe in Sardinia

Tiger9898

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 07:50:11 AM »

You are forgetting the key advantage of being shorter: longer life! In modern times size for physical battle is no longer necessary and it has been shown that the genes for longer life are found more in shorter people. Longest living people in the world are Okinawans, and in Europe in Sardinia
It is not advantage at all, it can be but not for all short people. It is not accurate thing that all short people live longer than tall people. There is possibility that I may live shorter than tall people. It is just like ridiculous consolation for us.
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

myloginacct

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 08:05:23 AM »

It is not advantage at all, it can be but not for all short people. It is not accurate thing that all short people live longer than tall people. There is possibility that I may live shorter than tall people. It is just like ridiculous consolation for us.

No, there's a strong statistical correlation. Some even say women live longer than men on average because of the height difference. Taller people are also more likely to develop types of cancer.

The longest living people in Europe are the Sardinians, and not the Scandinavians, despite the super high living standards there, for a reason.

The main point one can use to argue against this is that it's better to lead a shorter life living as a taller guy than a long life as a short guy. Which I'd agree with.

Tiger9898

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 08:27:43 AM »

No, there's a strong statistical correlation. Some even say women live longer than men on average because of the height difference. Taller people are also more likely to develop types of cancer.

The longest living people in Europe are the Sardinians, and not the Scandinavians, despite the super high living standards there, for a reason.

The main point one can use to argue against this is that it's better to lead a shorter life living as a taller guy than a long life as a short guy. Which I'd agree with.
But I wouldn't consider it as an advantage. I don't care whether I will live more than 5-8 years compared to tall people.  Only thing that I care is to live confidentially with normal height. I
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

Antonio

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 10:09:57 AM »

But I wouldn't consider it as an advantage. I don't care whether I will live more than 5-8 years compared to tall people.  Only thing that I care is to live confidentially with normal height. I

You do realise that living longer basically means having less chance of developing life threatening diseases like cancer and heart disease. So a short person in his later age is basically healthier ceteris paribus

Whether or not being shorter and living longer is worth it is another issue, but it does not take away from the advantage of longer life for shorter people

extremis

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 06:08:57 AM »

I agree that in general, defeating someone in gunfighting is not as impressive as beating someone in fistfighting. But it also depends on how you shoot. Shooting point blank would be seen as scared pussy, but a few hundreds feet away could be perceived as impressive as it'd show that the shooter is a dedicated shooter who possessed a considerable amount of skills in shooting a gun eventhough it has little to do with masculinity.

LOL. I cringed so hard reading this. "Considerable amount of skills in shooting a gun". Lmfao. Get a grip. You sound like one of these guys:

Secondly, it takes a lot of guts to be in a gunfighting in the first place (I'm not talking about shooting someone from the back). So your opinion of beating someone in gunfighting not being a sign of masculinity might not be entirely true.

Except we're not talking about being "in a gunfighting". We're talking about a short man pulling a gun on an unarmed taller man because he can't beat him in a fight with his bare hands.

And shooting guns (at any skill level) not being a "sign" of masculinity is not "my" opinion. It's the opinion of the overwhelming majority of people. There's nothing inherently or classically masculine about shooting a gun.

A person who wants to be good at fist-fighting (that is, a pugilist, or "martial artist", what you like to roleplay as on this board) needs to develop their physique - they need to develop strength and endurance, which generally results in developing a robust and chiseled physique (a trait that is decidedly considered "masculine"). This is on TOP of the countless hours of practice they need to do in order to develop the skill they need to consistently beat their opponents.

Firing a gun does not require that type of conditioning. Anyone, even a little girl or a shrunken, hunched-over grandmother, can shoot a gun, and shoot it well (with enough practice).

Needless to say, soldiers use gun, mafia uses gun, cowboys uses gun, even punk uses gun. Why isn't there anyone saying Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson are scared pussies?

Lmao. Are you serious?

There isn't anyone saying Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson are scared pussies because they're ACTORS playing a ROLE in ACTION MOVIES. Not only that, the roles they play are typically masculine, aggressive roles, i.e. Clint Eastwood in The Good, Bad and the Ugly. They play the role of average-height/tall men with guns who go around shooting OTHER average-height/tall men with guns, many of whom shoot at THEM first.

That is NOTHING like a scared 5'4" man frantically pulling his comically oversized (relative to his hands) Glock 21 on a 6'3" man who decided to push him around because he knows he can curbstomp him in a fistfight.

Sometimes it's not always about impressing people and attracting the opposite sxx, but getting the job done. Fact is a gun can put your enemy away for eternal in a wink of an eye regardless of how impressive it is.

Yeah, a gun can put your enemy away "for eternal", immediately after which you will get put away "for eternal" - in prison, for manslaughter. Lmfao @ "getting the job done". The only thing that will be "done" if you pull a gun on someone, let alone fire it, and DEFINITELY let alone kill someone with it, is your life.

I suspect you've never shot or even so much as held a gun in your life. You talk like an immature teenager who seriously thinks guns are a "great equalizer" that are a counter to tall men who get physical with you.

Guess what? They're not. Every bullet shot from a gun you own has a lawyer attached to it, and depending on where that bullet lands, you may or may not end up wishing you'd just gotten your ass beaten instead, because you won't feel like a "masculine" badass martial artist movie hero (or whatever delusional larger-than-life role you're projecting onto yourself today) when you're sitting on a cot in a maximum security cell surrounded by ACTUAL thugs and badasses who tower you and will bash your face in for looking at them wrong. And guess what else? You won't have any guns to save you in prison.

It might not a benefit everyone would experience. But an advantage is still an advantage. Short people who are not looking to get laid every night might not reap the benefit of LL as much.

I've never met a single man who considered being a "smaller target" for gunfire an advantage. I'm acquainted with a 5'3" Army veteran who served in a combat role in Afghanistan on Operation Enduring Freedom, and he regularly mentioned how his squad experience was absolute dog  because of his height. Squadmates didn't respect him, even people from other squads fked with him for fun. He's never once mentioned anything about being a "smaller target" and I'm sure he'd probably laugh his ass off if I suggested it was an "advantage".

This whole premise is stupid to begin with. Gunfights don't work the way you think they do. Cover exists. Nobody shoots from a position where they're open in real life unless they're total retards, and if that's the case, you're as good as dead no matter how "small" of a target you are. What a joke.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 11:51:23 PM »

LOL. I cringed so hard reading this. "Considerable amount of skills in shooting a gun". Lmfao. Get a grip. You sound like one of these guys:

Except we're not talking about being "in a gunfighting". We're talking about a short man pulling a gun on an unarmed taller man because he can't beat him in a fight with his bare hands.

And shooting guns (at any skill level) not being a "sign" of masculinity is not "my" opinion. It's the opinion of the overwhelming majority of people. There's nothing inherently or classically masculine about shooting a gun.

A person who wants to be good at fist-fighting (that is, a pugilist, or "martial artist", what you like to roleplay as on this board) needs to develop their physique - they need to develop strength and endurance, which generally results in developing a robust and chiseled physique (a trait that is decidedly considered "masculine"). This is on TOP of the countless hours of practice they need to do in order to develop the skill they need to consistently beat their opponents.

Firing a gun does not require that type of conditioning. Anyone, even a little girl or a shrunken, hunched-over grandmother, can shoot a gun, and shoot it well (with enough practice).

Lmao. Are you serious?

There isn't anyone saying Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson are scared pussies because they're ACTORS playing a ROLE in ACTION MOVIES. Not only that, the roles they play are typically masculine, aggressive roles, i.e. Clint Eastwood in The Good, Bad and the Ugly. They play the role of average-height/tall men with guns who go around shooting OTHER average-height/tall men with guns, many of whom shoot at THEM first.

That is NOTHING like a scared 5'4" man frantically pulling his comically oversized (relative to his hands) Glock 21 on a 6'3" man who decided to push him around because he knows he can curbstomp him in a fistfight.

Yeah, a gun can put your enemy away "for eternal", immediately after which you will get put away "for eternal" - in prison, for manslaughter. Lmfao @ "getting the job done". The only thing that will be "done" if you pull a gun on someone, let alone fire it, and DEFINITELY let alone kill someone with it, is your life.

I suspect you've never shot or even so much as held a gun in your life. You talk like an immature teenager who seriously thinks guns are a "great equalizer" that are a counter to tall men who get physical with you.

Guess what? They're not. Every bullet shot from a gun you own has a lawyer attached to it, and depending on where that bullet lands, you may or may not end up wishing you'd just gotten your ass beaten instead, because you won't feel like a "masculine" badass martial artist movie hero (or whatever delusional larger-than-life role you're projecting onto yourself today) when you're sitting on a cot in a maximum security cell surrounded by ACTUAL thugs and badasses who tower you and will bash your face in for looking at them wrong. And guess what else? You won't have any guns to save you in prison.

I've never met a single man who considered being a "smaller target" for gunfire an advantage. I'm acquainted with a 5'3" Army veteran who served in a combat role in Afghanistan on Operation Enduring Freedom, and he regularly mentioned how his squad experience was absolute dog  because of his height. Squadmates didn't respect him, even people from other squads fked with him for fun. He's never once mentioned anything about being a "smaller target" and I'm sure he'd probably laugh his ass off if I suggested it was an "advantage".

This whole premise is stupid to begin with. Gunfights don't work the way you think they do. Cover exists. Nobody shoots from a position where they're open in real life unless they're total retards, and if that's the case, you're as good as dead no matter how "small" of a target you are. What a joke.

Yeah, I wasn't talking a short man pulling a gun on an unarmed taller man because he can't beat him in a fight with his bare hands. "Gunfighting" means both parties are armed.

What we see in movies is mostly representative of what happens in real life. If no one called Charles Bronson a fag because he shoots people in movies, then sure as hell no one gonna call you that for using a gun at the right time.

And a little girl would fly firing a gun.

extremis

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 12:29:47 AM »

Yeah, I wasn't talking a short man pulling a gun on an unarmed taller man because he can't beat him in a fight with his bare hands. "Gunfighting" means both parties are armed.

In other words, you weren't talking about the only case where a short man living in a civilized setting would ever need a gun.

You were talking about your fantasy delusion world where "gunfights" break out at random every 5 minutes.

What we see in movies is mostly representative of what happens in real life. If no one called Charles Bronson a fag because he shoots people in movies, then sure as hell no one gonna call you that for using a gun at the right time.

Lmfao. You have to be kidding me. You could not possibly be any more out of touch with reality.

And a little girl would fly firing a gun.

Keep responding. It's fun tearing your posts apart.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 06:31:58 AM »

My stomach hurts from laughing so hard at this thread. Bruce Wayne, extremis is right, you seem like someone outside the realm of rationality. This isn't the matrix where one dodges bullets, kills the bad guys and gets the girl. Shootouts, if you are unfortunate enough to be present at one (Unfortunately, I have a while ago as rival gang members opened fire at eachother outside a nightclub just as everyone was exiting), are usually short, chaotic and brutal. Nothing heroic or romantic, only grief and death. Lay off the fking movies for a while.
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 08:07:18 AM »

In other words, you weren't talking about the only case where a short man living in a civilized setting would ever need a gun.

You were talking about your fantasy delusion world where "gunfights" break out at random every 5 minutes.

Lmfao. You have to be kidding me. You could not possibly be any more out of touch with reality.

Keep responding. It's fun tearing your posts apart.

It's fun seeing your try-hard articles.

120sunflower

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 03:11:16 AM »

>dodging the bullet

lolololol
Pages: [1]   Go Up