Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My height has taken over my life. Help me.  (Read 6622 times)

Android

Re: My height has taken over my life. Help me.
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 10:46:07 PM »

Wholeheartedly agree with Body Builder.

It's strange that you're beyond devastated at 5'8" but think that an inch or two will turn your life completely around. At that amount with your starting height, not many will even notice. I believe you have unrealistic expectations and inflated views of how much height is actually impacting your life.

If you've attempted suicide six times, this is not something you should take lightly. It's not a badge of honor, it's a cry for help. You're obviously deeply troubled and have body dysmorphic disorder. You need therapy and medication before even considering anything cosmetic.

So far you've deflected every suggestion, so I wonder why even start a thread if you already know everything. Ignorance combined with social empowerment is quite the concoction, I remember being a teenager too. But you came to us, not the other way around. We're here to offer advice and support, not to just agree and say you're right.

And to say that other people's diaries have nothing to do with you is just silly. CLL is no joke, you've got a lot of reading up to do. The notion that you think 2 inches across tibias and femurs is a good idea was already a red flag. This is a community, so if you're not interested in others, you're free to lurk until you're ready to have an actual conversation. You'll still get all the information you need in these forums if you're serious enough and take the time.

Probably one ear and out the other, but trust me when I say that it gets better as you get older. Teenage years suck because teenagers are ruthless. It gets better in college as people are less judgmental, even better once in the workforce. There's no magic potion, so relax, take your time, and get some professional help.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Blue Lunar

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 10:58:50 PM »

Wholeheartedly agree with Body Builder.

It's strange that you're beyond devastated at 5'8" but think that an inch or two will turn your life completely around. At that amount with your starting height, not many will even notice. I believe you have unrealistic expectations and inflated views of how much height is actually impacting your life.

If you've attempted suicide six times, this is not something you should take lightly. It's not a badge of honor, it's a cry for help. You're obviously deeply troubled and have body dysmorphic disorder. You need therapy and medication before even considering anything cosmetic.

So far you've deflected every suggestion, so I wonder why even start a thread if you already know everything. Ignorance combined with social empowerment is quite the concoction, I remember being a teenager too. But you came to us, not the other way around. We're here to offer advice and support, not to just agree and say you're right.

And to say that other people's diaries have nothing to do with you is just silly. CLL is no joke, you've got a lot of reading up to do. The notion that you think 2 inches across tibias and femurs is a good idea was already a red flag. This is a community, so if you're not interested in others, you're free to lurk until you're ready to have an actual conversation. You'll still get all the information you need in these forums if you're serious enough and take the time.

Probably one ear and out the other, but trust me when I say that it gets better as you get older. Teenage years suck because teenagers are ruthless. It gets better in college as people are less judgmental, even better once in the workforce. There's no magic potion, so relax, take your time, and get some professional help.

I am not trying to disagree with every single reply. People deny that my life will change completely around if I was an inch taller. And how do they know this? They are not me. I would be very happy at 5’9 or 5’10 and 2 inches is a very noticeable difference. Sure, for some people that height may be short. Listen from the bottom of my heart I think you are the best replier here. I do need help and I do hate my body. I really want to get the most advice as possible. But people keep saying stuff like: oh nah nothing will change, oh you wont be happy. They can never know for sure. I just came with the idea of adding an inch to my femur and tibia so I would not have any problems balancing. If one part of your leg is bigger then the other, then how can you balance? If I am wrong about something, please tell me. I am not here to start a tantrum. I just want people to understand that 1 or 2 inches will really give me much more confidence. I told you I wore lifts before. I was 5’9.5 and I promise you, I was not feeling short at all.

Blue Lunar

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 11:02:09 PM »

5.8 is relatively short. So is 5.9.
Thats why I believe that you have nental issues. Not because you don't feel ok with 5.8 but because you think that becoming 5.9 is a big difference.
I am 5.9 and I don't have any real difference compared to 5.8 people I know. Both we are relatively average to a little short.
And the same happens with 5.10 which is average but the difference with 5.9 is not big.
The real difference is above 5.11.

5.8 is an ok height not good but not catastrophic either. 5.9 is better but still not good.
Crying and moaning for a relatively average height which can easily change with one LL is stupid and means you have mental problems.

However you are still a kid so I don't expect anything more serious from a teenager.
Focus on your school now and when you have time a money get a tibia LL for 2 inches and I hope you'll feel ok. Nothing more can be done now.

Alright. I am not going to argue with you on 5’9 being short because everyone has a different view. But more importantly I have a question. I am assuming you are actually a bodybuilder in real life. Steroids or not, are your legs out of proportion to your upper body? Because your legs got stretched so doesnt that mean it got slimmer? Of course during the LL surgery you lose a lot of mass, but when you start working out and add muscle, are your legs going to match the frame of your upper body? I hope you understand what I am trying to say I suck at explaining stuff.

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 12:28:51 AM »

you 5.8=176 cm
me  5.3=160.5-162cm
Not short at all

Body Builder

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 01:41:48 AM »

Alright. I am not going to argue with you on 5’9 being short because everyone has a different view. But more importantly I have a question. I am assuming you are actually a bodybuilder in real life. Steroids or not, are your legs out of proportion to your upper body? Because your legs got stretched so doesnt that mean it got slimmer? Of course during the LL surgery you lose a lot of mass, but when you start working out and add muscle, are your legs going to match the frame of your upper body? I hope you understand what I am trying to say I suck at explaining stuff.
I don't take steroids but I take supplements and I work out hard.
I am not huge but I am for sure bigger than 90% of natural people in terms of muscles.
And yes, my torso is a little short but I did 3 inches on tibias and I was 5.6, not 5.8 like you who want just 2 inches.

So I can guarantee you that with 2 inches added on your tibias you are not going to look out of proportions and you'll have a respectable height.
So grow up and don't be pessimistic, live your life as good as you can till you are able to do LL.
But you are not handicapped not really short, 5.8 is a dream height for many people here and even for people like us who don't like it, it is still not a catastrophic height. It is just not enough to feel completely ok, I umderstand it but still you are taller than the vast majority of women and with some muscles and some style many women will like your body.

So clear your mind, your height is not a doom for you, you can enjoy life and in a few years do 2 inches on tibias and without many risks become the man you want.
Thats my 2 cents, I am out of this topic.

Blue Lunar

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 04:13:31 AM »

I am not huge but I am for sure bigger than 90% of natural people in terms of muscles.
And yes, my torso is a little short but I did 3 inches on tibias and I was 5.6, not 5.8 like you who want just 2 inches.

So I can guarantee you that with 2 inches added on your tibias you are not going to look out of proportions and you'll have a respectable height.
So grow up and don't be pessimistic, live your life as good as you can till you are able to do LL.
But you are not handicapped not really short, 5.8 is a dream height for many people here and even for people like us who don't like it, it is still not a catastrophic height. It is just not enough to feel completely ok, I umderstand it but still you are taller than the vast majority of women and with some muscles and some style many women will like your body.

So clear your mind, your height is not a doom for you, you can enjoy life and in a few years do 2 inches on tibias and without many risks become the man you want.

Alright man thank you so much for taking your time and replying to my posts. I am sorry if I was acting like a little shxt. But before you actually leave this topic, I wanted to ask: why not 1 inch on femurs?

Android

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 05:24:03 AM »

why not 1 inch on femurs?

Think about why first.

Read up on doctors. Read some diaries. Here's what you'd come up with:
  • LL is a lot of stress on the body and mind
  • Takes a long time
  • Costs a lot of money, especially internals
  • Complications are common
  • Success is not guaranteed
The amount of lengthening is low enough that you can reach that goal in one session with external tibias. Doctors don't charge by the inch, but by number of procedures. You're dreaming of making the big bucks as a software engineer, but don't forget that you'll be paid biweekly, your take home salary will be lower, and that you'll have living expenses to pay for. It's ill-advised to cure your height neurosis only to trade it for debilitating debt at such a young age.

You're also underestimating the amount of stress and risk that LL has on your body and mind; it's in your best interest to minimize both, especially with your depression.

As Body Builder said, your proportions will be fine, especially since we typically have longer femurs anyway. It can actually be beneficial, as it'll make you look taller, especially in shorts. Your gait won't be affected much, if at all. People are born with all kinds of segment length combinations and the vast majority don't even think twice about it. Don't get caught up in the proportions game, especially for a modest 2 inch gain.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 05:58:16 AM »

How is anyone taking this seriously ffs, dude, most of us on this forum are below 5'6 and you are here at only 16 years of age complaining that you are only 5'8. Wow, and you think a one inch difference will be huge? Put in a lift in your shoe for a day and see how "dramatically" your life will change. And if your suicide attempts are all true then not even 6 inches of height will help you, your question or rant (whatever you wanna call it) should be addressed to a doctor and not us on the forums. 

Body Builder

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 07:15:58 AM »

Alright man thank you so much for taking your time and replying to my posts. I am sorry if I was acting like a little shxt. But before you actually leave this topic, I wanted to ask: why not 1 inch on femurs?
Because doing LL for just one inch is plain stupid no matter what segment you lengthen.

myloginacct

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 09:55:42 AM »

I am not trying to disagree with every single reply. People deny that my life will change completely around if I was an inch taller. And how do they know this? They are not me. I would be very happy at 5’9 or 5’10 and 2 inches is a very noticeable difference. Sure, for some people that height may be short. Listen from the bottom of my heart I think you are the best replier here. I do need help and I do hate my body. I really want to get the most advice as possible. But people keep saying stuff like: oh nah nothing will change, oh you wont be happy. They can never know for sure. I just came with the idea of adding an inch to my femur and tibia so I would not have any problems balancing. If one part of your leg is bigger then the other, then how can you balance? If I am wrong about something, please tell me. I am not here to start a tantrum. I just want people to understand that 1 or 2 inches will really give me much more confidence. I told you I wore lifts before. I was 5’9.5 and I promise you, I was not feeling short at all.

The thing is that you have no way of knowing. Maybe at 5'7 you'd feel like 5'8 is all you'd ever need.

observer

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 02:46:27 PM »

Totally agree with Bodybuilder.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2018, 06:23:03 AM »

I don't think surgery is your solution. I think you need psychological help. And im not saying that to put you down. But you may be suffering from a mental condition called body dysmorphia.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Sanity

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2018, 11:12:00 AM »

I don't think surgery is your solution. I think you need psychological help. And im not saying that to put you down. But you may be suffering from a mental condition called body dysmorphia.
believe it or not such psychological issues are only resolved by physically removing them. even an honest psychologist would refer that but most of them wont cause they want their money too. height related psychological issues cannot be helped by therapists and this is I learnt according to scientists reading it somewhere.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

wants2growtaller

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2018, 07:58:30 PM »

actually a lot of plastic surgeons do psycholgocial assessment before doing any plastic surgery. Some surgeons have denied doing plastic surgeons on patients because they were mentally unfit. Im not a surgeon but my opinion is this person has some mental issues.deep self hatred issues and doing surgery isn't going to get a root of the problem. I think that there isn't wrong in doing plastic surgery. But it has to do it for the right reasons. But if someone has such a negative self image that their entire self image is dependned on their looks..its a mental concern.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Johnson1111

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2018, 02:07:44 AM »

Once u get on that operating table and it's time...

You'll shut right up about that 1 inch. Especially if you go with external. You'll realize you're mental at that point, and once your femur is broken, the bones are gonna take a longgggg time to recover.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up