Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My height has taken over my life. Help me.  (Read 6619 times)

Blue Lunar

My height has taken over my life. Help me.
« on: January 20, 2018, 04:15:07 AM »

Hello everybody. I am 16 and I am 5’8. I know I am not supposed to be here on this website but please hear me out. I need some help and I know that you all can support me since you all have the same issues as me. I have undergone severe depression several times, I went to 7 different doctors, and I tried suicide nearly 6 times. Nothing is working out. My height has taken over my life. I have never seen youth in my eyes because I am so fixated to my height. I cant explain you the feeling. My mind just shouts to me: taller, taller, taller, TALLER, TALLER, FUC**NG TALLER YOU BIT**. Every night before going to bed, I cry for at least 15 minutes. Same thing in the mornings. It’s actually funny because if I was just 5’10, I would be very happy. Although it is not tall, it is not “short”. Please just ask yourself: What kind of man are you if you are under 5’9? 5’9 here is average. When I look at someone that is 5’9 or 5’10, they sort of look tall to me. I look in the mirror and all I see abouy my self is someone with a short torso, short legs, short arms, week bloodline, bad genetics.... I just cannot take it anymore. I can’t continue living like this. I wish someone could just shoot me in the head. Funny what a couple inches could have done. I promise you that my height, 5’8, is not tall at all. I am sick of this torment. I do not get bullied over my height and it is not a relationship problem. In fact, I do not get bullied at all. I have more muscle then a gorilla. I bench press 310 at just 16. But I would rather give up the muscles I have trained for (4 years) and be fkI** 1 INCH TALLER. WHY DOES THE WORLD HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS? Can any of you feel me? At all? Should I undergoe this surgery and be happy for the rest of my life? I have a 4.2 gpa and I am looking to being a software architect in the future. They make at least 112k and go up to 200k. I will have a lot of money to get this surgery. I am planning on lengthening my tibia 1 inch and my femure 1 inch. I want my legs to be proportional and balanced. Are there going to be any problems after this surgery? Can I still be able to squat and deadlift the same? My muscles are just stretching... I don’t think it would make a big difference would it?

Android

Re: My height has taken over my life. Help me.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 04:55:18 AM »

You don't need me to tell you this, but you have a problem and it goes much deeper than dissatisfaction with height. No reputable doctor would operate on you, as you think height is a matter of life or death, and that is not what cosmetic surgery is about. You need to spend more time with a therapist to sort these issues out, because suicide attempts over an inch is unreasonable.

I'm not convinced that you'd be happy with that additional inch either. I believe that you would have latched onto another trivial feature about yourself. If you got limb lengthening, maybe you'd obsess over your proportions or scars, no matter how minor. It's self-loathing, and this is precisely what cosmetic surgeons want to avoid: a patient that's impossible to please that may end up hurting themselves after the surgery.

Logistically you're far too young for limb lengthening, as you're still an adolescent. The silver lining is that you're still developing, which means that you may very well grow in stature. You're at the age in which males complete puberty, but your hopefully severe mood swings indicate that you might still be in transition.

Take a deep breath, you're young, and realize that you're taller than the majority on this forum. We're older than you, we're not suicidal, and we're living good lives. Let that sink in and face the real issue at hand, which is your own opinion about yourself. We are our worst critic, but it's irrational to end your life for something that can be overcome with a different pair of shoes.

If you need someone to talk to, visit these sites.

United States
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/

International
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

observer

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 04:56:40 AM »

Come on, you are just 16, still have years to grow taller. Just be patient unless the doc says you are not going to grow anymore.

Blue Lunar

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 05:25:49 AM »

I should mention that I have fully stopped growing at 15. I started puberty at age 10. It is over for me. I got an xray and my growth plates are closed. And no, I would not obsess over scars because I already have 2 and like I said I am planning on lengthening my upper and lower leg 1 inch each. I do not think 2 inches will make a “disproportioned” body. Some models have super long legs and short torsos. And I have been to therapists before. Nothing changed. I promise you that I will be happy if I am 2 inches taller.

myloginacct

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 05:37:28 AM »

Focus on your life and building that career you mentioned. You can come back and get LL later after you have the money. Set that as your goal and remember it's not hopeless, when it very well could be in a majority of other situations. Use that goal and therapy to steer you away from suicide.

observer

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 05:39:23 AM »

Well, if you say your growth plates are closed then you are no different to most of us on this forum. Next up is clearing up the "to be or not be be" qusetion.

Zeo

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 05:48:17 AM »

Then get LL, how many years do you think it will be until you able to do it though, femurs are really expensive. I would just go for tibias, esp if you only want 2 inches, you can do it no prob. Best part is you will be able to afford it within a few summer jobs

I mean if want femurs you'll literally have to wait until you graduate college and get your first career job, so in like 6-7 years

So you just plan on being miserable for the next 7 years until you get LL?
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

observer

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 05:50:21 AM »

I''ll tell you what, I am suicidal because of height as well, even at the moment. And I'm also telling you,human don't have a solid reason to live and life is meaningless, period. 
BUT think about this, if you are not afraid of death, in what way you would be afraid of the LL?? Save money, try it and next time when you are suicidal, it should be the time after you had a fked up LL.

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 05:55:47 AM »

I''ll tell you what, I am suicidal because of height as well, even at the moment.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get better.

Android

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 10:15:09 AM »

Well Blue, if you've stopped growing, that's that. I hope you feel blessed that your starting height is a good one, among us anyway. Some would even discourage you from surgery in the first place, and I don't blame them.

Like Zeo said, just get 5 cm (2 in) done on your tibias and you're set. Spreading a mere 5 cm across tibias and femurs is a big waste of time and money. Your proportions won't be affected much either at this amount.

Just remember that height isn't everything, because being a tall loser isn't great either. So study hard toward becoming a software engineer, save up, and continue working on your image issues (reminder: there will be a psychological evaluation during consultation). If you have a good relationship with at least one of your parents, talk to them about your problems.

In the meantime, I suggest you try some height increasing insoles. It'll allow you to experience what you're dreaming of (hopefully it's everything you imagine it to be), and it's a good way to gradually get your peers to get used to your new height if you do undergo CLL.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Heman Master of the unive

• Banned: Bander72 Mutiple Accounts
  • Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 10:55:17 AM »

You say that you are having so much pain that you cry 15 minutes a night. First thing you need to do is get lifts. They will at least for time being remove a lot of pain. At 5 8 you can go instantly to 5 10 with them. Second thing is to cheer up. You are young as others have mention the majority here are.much older. If don't end up growing more then cll  will be there waiting for you.

lldude

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 11:29:52 AM »

I relate to you. Height is also on my mind 24/7. The only think I can tell you is for you to already start saving for surgery. Get a job now and save whatever you can. Live with your parents instead of being by yourself so you can save as much as possible and then go for LL. I won't tell you to go look for a psychiatrist or psychologist because I wouldn't want people to recommend me the same about my height insecurities.

myloginacct

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 12:53:15 PM »

Shoes and insoles go a long way taking away any torment your height neurosis may cause when you're out. Yeah, you have to take them off at some point, but so what? It won't be when interacting with the vast majority of people.

And being short sucks, but we also have to deal with reality. We can either work towards bettering our lives or let self-hate torment us to the point we can't do anything. It's also a complete "miracle" that osteogenesis is an evolutionary feature and can be used for CLL. Bone could simply have never evolved to regenerate so much, like it is the case for important tissues in the body. Just think of how many other shxtty things exist in people's lives in this world, where absolutely nothing can be done about it (diseases, conditions, upbringing, intelligence, etc). We are lucky to have ways out of this (moving elsewhere, CLL) and for dealing with this (shoes, insoles, therapy, drugs).

tallertree

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 03:43:23 PM »

My perception of this forum is that the majority is of normal height(170+ cm). Now, i totally understand the importance of height since im suffering from it myself but the amount of money and time required for this surgery, i cant really see how its worth it when you have normal height.

If i was 170cm (or close to) my life would look very different.

Blue Lunar

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 04:15:46 PM »

Then get LL, how many years do you think it will be until you able to do it though, femurs are really expensive. I would just go for tibias, esp if you only want 2 inches, you can do it no prob. Best part is you will be able to afford it within a few summer jobs

I mean if want femurs you'll literally have to wait until you graduate college and get your first career job, so in like 6-7 years

So you just plan on being miserable for the next 7 years until you get LL?

Hey Zeo. I do not care about “waste of time and money” and if I were to be given an opportunity to gain a magical 2 inches by giving away 10 million dollars, then I would do it. The reason why most pwoplw have balancing problems is because they lengthen their tibias too much. Just how are you supposed to move when one part of your leg is bigger then the other? And you know what? I won’t give up. I do not care if it takes 20 years. I will reach my desired height no matter what.

Blue Lunar

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 04:27:13 PM »

My perception of this forum is that the majority is of normal height(170+ cm). Now, i totally understand the importance of height since im suffering from it myself but the amount of money and time required for this surgery, i cant really see how its worth it when you have normal height.

If i was 170cm (or close to) my life would look very different.

5’7 (170cm) is a “yeah sort of ok” height but I have seen a lot of people before who were 5’7 and wanted to be taller. Tom Cruise is 170 cm and it is funny because everywhere I go, I just see websites talking about how short he is. And then I look at Mark Wahlbergh who is 5’8 (173 cm) .... oh look, my height. And there are websites talking about how he is short. And guess what I am about to say now. I LOOKED UP 5’9 CELEBRITIES AND THERE ARE NO WEBSITES OF THEM BEING SHORT. Everybody under 5’9 is considered short. It is pretty funny. If I was just an inch taller I would be out of that zone. To get a picture of what I am talking about watch this: https://m.  <<<< you saw that right? Not a single person that is 5’9 is listed up there. I really would have been happy at 175 or 177cm (5’9-5’10).

tallertree

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 04:44:20 PM »

5’7 (170cm) is a “yeah sort of ok” height but I have seen a lot of people before who were 5’7 and wanted to be taller. Tom Cruise is 170 cm and it is funny because everywhere I go, I just see websites talking about how short he is. And then I look at Mark Wahlbergh who is 5’8 (173 cm) .... oh look, my height. And there are websites talking about how he is short. And guess what I am about to say now. I LOOKED UP 5’9 CELEBRITIES AND THERE ARE NO WEBSITES OF THEM BEING SHORT. Everybody under 5’9 is considered short. It is pretty funny. If I was just an inch taller I would be out of that zone. To get a picture of what I am talking about watch this: <<<< you saw that right? Not a single person that is 5’9 is listed up there. I really would have been happy at 175 or 177cm (5’9-5’10).
Celebrities are irrelevant. Whats relevant is real life and if you have normal height people wont see you as weird or define you by your height. Also, i dont really understand what problems you are having. If i were you i would spend all the time, energy and money and do stuff you like and work on your confidence since you are obviously not suffering from your height. You said yourself you are not getting bullied because of your height or that it causes you problem to get girls.

Im not saying that you shouldnt do LL, but at least try to see the positive things in your life first and then do LL with confidence. Right now you believe your life is   and that only LL can cure that. Thats the problem.

Blue Lunar

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 04:49:24 PM »

Shoes and insoles go a long way taking away any torment your height neurosis may cause when you're out. Yeah, you have to take them off at some point, but so what? It won't be when interacting with the vast majority of people.

And being short sucks, but we also have to deal with reality. We can either work towards bettering our lives or let self-hate torment us to the point we can't do anything. It's also a complete "miracle" that osteogenesis is an evolutionary feature and can be used for CLL. Bone could simply have never evolved to regenerate so much, like it is the case for important tissues in the body. Just think of how many other shxtty things exist in people's lives in this world, where absolutely nothing can be done about it (diseases, conditions, upbringing, intelligence, etc). We are lucky to have ways out of this (moving elsewhere, CLL) and for dealing with this (shoes, insoles, therapy, drugs).

I already tried putting on those lifts. The next day when I came to school people were like: you look tall but you look short. When I told them that I was 5’10 they all said that it was wierd because my torso and my legs were short and did not match a 5’10 person’s torso and legs. They automatically noticed that I had lifts. And these were not my friends. They were girls that I just met. I hope you can picture what I am saying because if you arhave 5’2 and you are 5’6 when you where 4 inch boots, your  torso is not going to look 5’6. Lifts are not great. And what if u take them off? People are gonna be like: wtf man u short shxt.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 04:56:59 PM »

I already tried putting on those lifts. The next day when I came to school people were like: you look tall but you look short. When I told them that I was 5’10 they all said that it was wierd because my torso and my legs were short and did not match a 5’10 person’s torso and legs. They automatically noticed that I had lifts. And these were not my friends. They were girls that I just met. I hope you can picture what I am saying because if you arhave 5’2 and you are 5’6 when you where 4 inch boots, your  torso is not going to look 5’6. Lifts are not great. And what if u take them off? People are gonna be like: wtf man u short shxt.

That is credible as much as stating that vaccines cause autism.
  If you "look short" for a 5'10 person after putting on lifts (and you are 5'8) than it means 2 things.

1) you are a troll

2) you are skinny as  
I learned some stuff during this time

observer

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 05:00:36 PM »

Thanks bro. It's been a rough time for me too.

Blue Lunar

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 05:22:46 PM »

That is credible as much as stating that vaccines cause autism.
  If you "look short" for a 5'10 person after putting on lifts (and you are 5'8) than it means 2 things.

1) you are a troll

2) you are skinny as

I do not understand what you are saying. I am 5’8 not 5’😂. I am not a troll. I did not sign up for nothing. I am assuming you are here to make people feel bad about themselves. If you are going to be a worthless pcs of shxt then plz leave. you have no idea what I am going through with my height.

myloginacct

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »

5’7 (170cm) is a “yeah sort of ok” height but I have seen a lot of people before who were 5’7 and wanted to be taller. Tom Cruise is 170 cm and it is funny because everywhere I go, I just see websites talking about how short he is. And then I look at Mark Wahlbergh who is 5’8 (173 cm) .... oh look, my height. And there are websites talking about how he is short. And guess what I am about to say now. I LOOKED UP 5’9 CELEBRITIES AND THERE ARE NO WEBSITES OF THEM BEING SHORT. Everybody under 5’9 is considered short. It is pretty funny. If I was just an inch taller I would be out of that zone. To get a picture of what I am talking about watch this: https://m.  <<<< you saw that right? Not a single person that is 5’9 is listed up there. I really would have been happy at 175 or 177cm (5’9-5’10).

How height feels is relative to where you live.

You live in a tall country (US, I'm assuming; lots of taller Germanic-background guys) so 5'8 is short to you, but it is not for most of the world's population (because of Asia, North Africa, the Middle East and Latin America). I know this doesn't help much, but it helps a bit to put things into perspective.

Body Builder

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »

5.8 is relatively short in west.
Not short but average-short. Still, feeling so bad about your height while you think that with 5.9 everything would be ok it is stupid.
I am 5.85 (evening height) after LL and still have problems with my height but nothing like you and of course I don't think that with 1 inch more my life would be different.
I want to be 5.11 to feel ok so I want about 3 iches and thats why I want to do another LL.

So stop moaning and just do one LL for 2 inches and continue your life happily. 2 inches in tibias are easy, cheap and safe.
So continue your life normally until then and when you have the money and time do it. But your height is not that bad to feel like that with yourself. You probably need to go to a psychiatrist as you may suffer from depression and LL may not help you.

backrandom

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 08:30:03 PM »

Your height has taken over your life. Right. Consider the examples of people like Unicorn or Musicmaker. In their cases LL took over their lives. You should help them.

Blue Lunar

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 08:54:47 PM »

5.8 is relatively short in west.
Not short but average-short. Still, feeling so bad about your height while you think that with 5.9 everything would be ok it is stupid.
I am 5.85 (evening height) after LL and still have problems with my height but nothing like you and of course I don't think that with 1 inch more my life would be different.
I want to be 5.11 to feel ok so I want about 3 iches and thats why I want to do another LL.

So stop moaning and just do one LL for 2 inches and continue your life happily. 2 inches in tibias are easy, cheap and safe.
So continue your life normally until then and when you have the money and time do it. But your height is not that bad to feel like that with yourself. You probably need to go to a psychiatrist as you may suffer from depression and LL may not help you.

I do not care what you think think or how you feel. You are you and I am me. I feel that if I am 5’9 then I will live a happy life. 5’10 would make me even happier. I photoshopped myself being 5’9 and I started crying. I have never seen myself like that before. I understood what it felt like to be a tall teen. 5’8 is short in so many ways. 1 inch could have changed that believe it or not. I walk past people that are 5’9 and I would get my bones sawed in half to kill to be that tall.

Blue Lunar

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 08:58:09 PM »

Your height has taken over your life. Right. Consider the examples of people like Unicorn or Musicmaker. In their cases LL took over their lives. You should help them.

I do not know who these people are and they do not concern me. I am worried about myself. I came here just to get a little bit of support because I cannot take this any longer. 24/7 my height is building me depression and as I said I tried commiting suicide 6 times. I need something to be done about my height urgently. I do not car if Ll kills me, if it gives me tumors, if it gives me a heart attack. I would take a potion that would reduce my life by 20 years just to gain an inch in height.

backrandom

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »

I do not know who these people are and they do not concern me. I am worried about myself. I came here just to get a little bit of support because I cannot take this any longer. 24/7 my height is building me depression and as I said I tried commiting suicide 6 times. I need something to be done about my height urgently. I do not car if Ll kills me, if it gives me tumors, if it gives me a heart attack. I would take a potion that would reduce my life by 20 years just to gain an inch in height.

Are you retarded? How can you say they don't concern you? Search about them in the forum. They had LL because they thought they could fix their height dysphoria, just like you, but got complications and lost many years of their lives, and many other things. They're full of remorse. You can find more bad cases in old forum. LL can make things better... or much worse.

Body Builder

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 09:33:47 PM »

I do not care what you think think or how you feel. You are you and I am me. I feel that if I am 5’9 then I will live a happy life. 5’10 would make me even happier. I photoshopped myself being 5’9 and I started crying. I have never seen myself like that before. I understood what it felt like to be a tall teen. 5’8 is short in so many ways. 1 inch could have changed that believe it or not. I walk past people that are 5’9 and I would get my bones sawed in half to kill to be that tall.
5.8 is relatively short. So is 5.9.
Thats why I believe that you have nental issues. Not because you don't feel ok with 5.8 but because you think that becoming 5.9 is a big difference.
I am 5.9 and I don't have any real difference compared to 5.8 people I know. Both we are relatively average to a little short.
And the same happens with 5.10 which is average but the difference with 5.9 is not big.
The real difference is above 5.11.

5.8 is an ok height not good but not catastrophic either. 5.9 is better but still not good.
Crying and moaning for a relatively average height which can easily change with one LL is stupid and means you have mental problems.

However you are still a kid so I don't expect anything more serious from a teenager.
Focus on your school now and when you have time a money get a tibia LL for 2 inches and I hope you'll feel ok. Nothing more can be done now.

Knik

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 10:17:42 PM »

5-8 is absolutely not short
Looking for Pili

Android

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 10:46:07 PM »

Wholeheartedly agree with Body Builder.

It's strange that you're beyond devastated at 5'8" but think that an inch or two will turn your life completely around. At that amount with your starting height, not many will even notice. I believe you have unrealistic expectations and inflated views of how much height is actually impacting your life.

If you've attempted suicide six times, this is not something you should take lightly. It's not a badge of honor, it's a cry for help. You're obviously deeply troubled and have body dysmorphic disorder. You need therapy and medication before even considering anything cosmetic.

So far you've deflected every suggestion, so I wonder why even start a thread if you already know everything. Ignorance combined with social empowerment is quite the concoction, I remember being a teenager too. But you came to us, not the other way around. We're here to offer advice and support, not to just agree and say you're right.

And to say that other people's diaries have nothing to do with you is just silly. CLL is no joke, you've got a lot of reading up to do. The notion that you think 2 inches across tibias and femurs is a good idea was already a red flag. This is a community, so if you're not interested in others, you're free to lurk until you're ready to have an actual conversation. You'll still get all the information you need in these forums if you're serious enough and take the time.

Probably one ear and out the other, but trust me when I say that it gets better as you get older. Teenage years suck because teenagers are ruthless. It gets better in college as people are less judgmental, even better once in the workforce. There's no magic potion, so relax, take your time, and get some professional help.

Blue Lunar

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 10:58:50 PM »

Wholeheartedly agree with Body Builder.

It's strange that you're beyond devastated at 5'8" but think that an inch or two will turn your life completely around. At that amount with your starting height, not many will even notice. I believe you have unrealistic expectations and inflated views of how much height is actually impacting your life.

If you've attempted suicide six times, this is not something you should take lightly. It's not a badge of honor, it's a cry for help. You're obviously deeply troubled and have body dysmorphic disorder. You need therapy and medication before even considering anything cosmetic.

So far you've deflected every suggestion, so I wonder why even start a thread if you already know everything. Ignorance combined with social empowerment is quite the concoction, I remember being a teenager too. But you came to us, not the other way around. We're here to offer advice and support, not to just agree and say you're right.

And to say that other people's diaries have nothing to do with you is just silly. CLL is no joke, you've got a lot of reading up to do. The notion that you think 2 inches across tibias and femurs is a good idea was already a red flag. This is a community, so if you're not interested in others, you're free to lurk until you're ready to have an actual conversation. You'll still get all the information you need in these forums if you're serious enough and take the time.

Probably one ear and out the other, but trust me when I say that it gets better as you get older. Teenage years suck because teenagers are ruthless. It gets better in college as people are less judgmental, even better once in the workforce. There's no magic potion, so relax, take your time, and get some professional help.

I am not trying to disagree with every single reply. People deny that my life will change completely around if I was an inch taller. And how do they know this? They are not me. I would be very happy at 5’9 or 5’10 and 2 inches is a very noticeable difference. Sure, for some people that height may be short. Listen from the bottom of my heart I think you are the best replier here. I do need help and I do hate my body. I really want to get the most advice as possible. But people keep saying stuff like: oh nah nothing will change, oh you wont be happy. They can never know for sure. I just came with the idea of adding an inch to my femur and tibia so I would not have any problems balancing. If one part of your leg is bigger then the other, then how can you balance? If I am wrong about something, please tell me. I am not here to start a tantrum. I just want people to understand that 1 or 2 inches will really give me much more confidence. I told you I wore lifts before. I was 5’9.5 and I promise you, I was not feeling short at all.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up