Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 16 year old male at 5'4 considering LL in the future  (Read 3666 times)

120sunflower

• Visitor
16 year old male at 5'4 considering LL in the future
« on: February 19, 2018, 02:23:01 AM »

I realize that I have to be 18 to join this forum, not sure how strict the mods are going to be, but just in case, I'm not considering this now and just looking for potential information and thoughts.

I'm turning 16 at the end of February, currently 5'4.5 in the morning and just about 5'4 before bed, previously had some hope, but after getting wrist and knee xrays it turns out my leg bones are almost totally fused and my long bones in my arms are soon going to be fused, my bone age is about 16-16.5, I'm 50% Irish, 25% Italian, and 25% British, and born and raised in America, I have followed the 10th percentile height curve my entire life, while my entire family is of normal height, and my 13 year old brother is already 5'6.

I obviously am not considering LL now, while the doctor said that my final height would be from 5'5 to 5'6 due to lengthening of my spine, and he didn't suggest any chances of a late growth spurt, I wouldn't want to risk so much on a potentially useless procedure.

My wingspan is about 168" about and my doctor suggested my arm's long bones haven't fused yet, I haven't measured my torso yet but it looks to be about average size, and I look fairly normal sitting next to my father who's 5'11, so I don't think proportions will be too big of a deal.

The reason I'm considering LL is that I don't like having to work twice as hard as people of average height for the exact same thing, and then maybe not even get it. I'd consider my face about an 8-9/10, and always have been fairly smart with an IQ in the 98th percentile, feels a bit pathetic bragging about my IQ test I had done when I was 12 in an obscure online forum but theres a first time for everything :/

Been having an emotional roller coaster as of late, recently picked up a beautiful girlfriend who's 5'7, and says she doesn't care about my height, and just a few weeks ago when I'd gotten my wrist x-rayed, my endocronoligist told me my bone age was delayed about a year and a half, and my final height would be from 5'8-5'9, turns out he was looking at the wrong graph, didn't tell me until 2 weeks later when I got what was probably the most devastating call of my life.

What I'm asking is as follows:

1. Is what my doctor says correct? With a bone age of 16-16.5 is there any chance of a late growth spurt?

2. Are there any possible treatments even at this bone age? Honestly anything is better than LL.

3. When is the earliest possible to have LL, and what is the ideal age?

4. Any other possible observations or thoughts I've not covered in this post.

120sunflower

• Visitor
Re: 16 year old male at 5'4 considering LL in the future
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:44:05 AM »

EDIT:

My wingspan is actually 5'8, not 168 CM

Android

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 02:58:49 AM »

Not common, but some people keep growing into their early 20s. A couple spurts combined with steady growth, so who knows, you might luck out as well.

I have a feeling that you'll have to wait until you're at least 18, especially since it's a cosmetic procedure.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 05:04:35 AM »

Follow the 10th height percentile: https://www.chartsgraphsdiagrams.com/HealthCharts/images/growth-2-20-boys.png

At 16 you should be around 5'4.5, and reach a final height of 5'6 by 19-20. No one can tell you for sure though. You could also be a Dennis Rodman and grow 10 inches your senior year of high school. Or you could be absolutely done growing, and maybe gain another ¼ inch at maximum.

Either way, sleep, sprint, and beg your parents for HGH or Ibutamoren. I knew what I had to do at the time but I was too scared of having it be awkward. What a mistake lmao, now it's going to be more awkward telling them I want my legs broken in 2 different places.

I'm telling you now, there's no point in speculating, I've wasted probably days of my life in cumulative time wondering who I got my short height from, was it my 5'5 dad, my 5'1 mom, my 5'2 grandfather? etc.. etc... It's all for naught, action is everything.

And if you can't get your hands on HGH or Ibutamoren or anything like that, the best you can do is take Melatonin every night (9+ hours of sleep), sprint for 20 minutes a day, and eat like a monster.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 05:05:41 AM »

Agh... I'm 20 now, but I know that feeling all to well... 15-16 is when it really started to hit me, because when you're 14 everyone and their mom is like 5'5, 5'6 max, and then you come back the next school year and all your friends are 6 foot and up, lmao.

myloginacct

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 05:13:28 AM »

A few, but important, things:

1) You need to keep checking with actual doctors in case you want to know if you can still grow. Keep following whatever info the x-ray from your wrists led to.

2) You can probably go for HGH treatment for an extra inch if some of your growth plates are still not closed. It's expensive, but you bragged about your IQ, so your parents are statistically more likely to be able to afford it.

And if you don't mind a personal question: how tall are your parents?

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 05:16:24 AM »

Yeah get on your hands and knees and beg for HGH, even talk about repaying them for it later.... It will be nothing compared to the $120k or so you need to pay for one segment at Paley & Co's.

Considering you just turned 16 I can definitely see you at least getting an inch, inch and a half from HGH. A lot better than possibly not growing anymore at all, which is a very real possibility honestly.

I got lucky to grow 1.25 inches from 18 to 20, maybe that happens to like 20% of people.

Also, funny that we have similar ancestries (except I'm not Irish, but German) and I also have a 5'8 wingspan.

vson

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 01:08:52 PM »

Your bone age is 16 - 16.5. The HGH window is essentially closed. HGH at that bone age will have an inconsequential effect on your final height. According to your post, you are being seen by an endocrinologist. An endocrinologist could prescribe HGH to you however, the height return would be minimal. I was in the same boat as you. Insisted on HGH injections to my endocrinologist in order to increase height. Monthly cost for pharmaceutical grade HGH was $12,000 (not a typo). Completed 5 months on HGH and obtained under 1/4" height gain. I do not recommend.

120sunflower

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 09:33:54 PM »

mom is 5'4, dad is 5'11, MGF is 6'2, MGM is 5'2, FGF is 5'9, GFM is 5'6.

as I said though, my brother is 13 and a good 2-3 inches taller than me, and we always had the same diet, sleep, everything.

120sunflower

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 09:36:53 PM »

Yeah, the only bones not fused yet he said were my arm long bones, meaning theres next to no chance of substantial growth in my legs.

myloginacct

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 10:42:27 PM »

mom is 5'4, dad is 5'11, MGF is 6'2, MGM is 5'2, FGF is 5'9, GFM is 5'6.

as I said though, my brother is 13 and a good 2-3 inches taller than me, and we always had the same diet, sleep, everything.

Genetics really suck. I'd even suspect something had gone wrong in your system, given your parent's heights. However, you have followed with an endocrinologist, so he'd have already mentioned whether you were HGH deficient...

120sunflower

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 02:21:06 AM »

Yeah, had 2 blood tests already to test for any defincies, once when I was 7, another when I was 14, if there was im assuming he would've told me.

He said I may have some rare genetic disease that causes low growth and that my parents were both carriers, did another blood test for that and have yet to hear the results, don't recall the name of the disease.

myloginacct

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 03:30:26 AM »

Yeah, had 2 blood tests already to test for any defincies, once when I was 7, another when I was 14, if there was im assuming he would've told me.

He said I may have some rare genetic disease that causes low growth and that my parents were both carriers, did another blood test for that and have yet to hear the results, don't recall the name of the disease.

If it's not some disease, I'd guess it's some gene from your MGM's line.

MoonWalk

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »

Wow I'm like you as my little brother is 6 foot and I'm 5.7, He passed me when he was 13y olds lmao !

My Dad is 5.10 and my mom 5.3, so you have taller parent than me !

If it can comfort you, once I finished growing by 16 I was 168 cm and I gained 2-3 centimeter (1 inch) in the back until I reached 5.7.5 (171cm) at 20 years old.
NightHeight : 171 (5.7.5)
Goal : 5cm External Tibia with Dr.Pili

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 08:30:00 PM »

it is plain and simple stupid to do this procedure at 16 or 18 or even think about this procedure. Immature people cannot be trusted to make right choices for themselves. This post should be deleted.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »

it is plain and simple stupid to do this procedure at 16 or 18 or even think about this procedure. Immature people cannot be trusted to make right choices for themselves. This post should be deleted.

You’re legit retarded. Nothing changes drastically in your psyche after you’re 16-18. You know who you are and it’s set in stone.

The only thing that changes is the short guys start aiming lower and lower for single moms and fatties and forget about the 10 years where they’ve just been ignored after chasing attractive women.

Or they open a business or make a lot of money or work out a lot and are able to get a decent girl who is into them but still treats them like   and when he gets dumped it’s game over for him for at least a few months until he can convince another girl he’s not so bad for being short.

If anything, I would say the younger and earlier you can get LL the better. To make memories as young as you can, and even to give a better impression as you start your career.

What you said might be acceptable for some moronic 16 year old on here who is 5’7 5’8 and is a little insecure crybaby. But 5’4? I would pay for this kids LL if he was my son and bless him through it. Starting adult life at 18 years old and 5’4 is a big slap in the face. You are excluded from 99.9% of the new endeavors all of your other friends will be experiencing.

Any short man who would say otherwise is regretful and resentful of the years and experiences he’s missed from not getting LL earlier.

ZUCC420

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 11:14:21 PM »

God that hit close to home @Captainamerica, I think personally being 5'4" I have become introverted because of my height. When I was a prepubescent boy I always dreamt of becoming taller one day, seeing everyone even the girls being taller then you and enduring those short jokes, becoming the class clown just so people would give you attention and take you seriously. The positives of being tall always outweigh the negatives unless it's abnormal (ie:Gigantism).
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

myloginacct

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 06:29:47 PM »

Bit of an old thread, but I somehow get the feeling he'll still grow until 18, despite the results from the x-rays.

Yeah, the only bones not fused yet he said were my arm long bones, meaning theres next to no chance of substantial growth in my legs.

It's strange that he is his mother's height, but mentioned he looked fairly normal sitting next to his 5'11 father at 5'4. That'd most likely mean he's all torso with really small legs, at least at 16. Or maybe his father is the one who's all legs and no torso. 5'4 and 5'11 are so far apart that it's hard to imagine a close sitting height.

I do know we have this pic here:

But women, or at least Dutch women, have been shown to have taller sitting heights than expected, given the height difference among the biological sxxes (average is a 10~12cm height difference between males and females of a same ethnic background, assuming the average height for both).

Despite this, the mean sitting height for the Dutch man is 95cm and the woman is 90cm. I guess it makes more sense if you think of the gender height difference as being halved for sitting height. Even then, women tend to have shorter torsos and longer legs when compared to men (proportionally speaking, not in absolute numbers).

Anyway, my point is that OP must have really unique proportions. So unique that it makes me think he might still grow more.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 06:57:01 PM by myloginacct »

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 07:52:55 PM »

Genetics really suck. I'd even suspect something had gone wrong in your system, given your parent's heights. However, you have followed with an endocrinologist, so he'd have already mentioned whether you were HGH deficient...

Why is it so hard for people to accept that height is a genetic roulette? You either get your dad’s height or your mom’s height. It’s a 50/50 chance but we all tend to believe we all tend to inherit our father’s height because that’s the maximum alottable height to be achieved.
5'1", 100 lbs

hirsty

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 12:54:09 PM »

As a 20 year old who first started to develop height neurosis at that age I can relate; particularly regarding IQ stuff, I've had people come up to me and tell me they would never suspect me of being so smart. I suggest you take a valid IQ test though such as the WAIS or Stanford-Binet.

I haven't grown since I was 18 and was 165cm but in the past month I've grown 3cm so anything is possible for you at just 16.

I'm also 25% Italian but I live in the UK :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up