Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to go from 5'7 to 6t  (Read 2585 times)

AscensionOrDeath

• Visitor
I want to go from 5'7 to 6t
« on: May 10, 2019, 01:16:40 PM »

Hi there I'm new here

I want to go from 5'7 to 6ft.

1) is that possible with internal lenghtening?

2) Would I recover in a year? or how long would it take for me to recover?

3) Is this height increase doable actually?

4) Would I still look proportionate?

5) Could I ever walk and run again properly? I've heard the bones will be much more fragile than now, that makes perfect sense, but would I need to refrain from leg workouts for the rest of my life?

Thank you everyone! ;D

otavio

Re: I want to go from 5'7 to 6t
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 01:34:56 PM »

no it is not possible with only single surgery, you'll need two surgeries and a lot of money

AscensionOrDeath

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 01:37:29 PM »

50k would be enough?

So you're saying I'll need tibial AND femur lengthening?

GrowTow

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 02:13:07 PM »

I'm going from 5'6 to 5'11 so literally the same as you but i'm just 1 inch shorter.
1) I'm doing internal femurs and external tibia (that's the cheapest/safest option for my budget).

2) Once I do my 13cm, i'm assuming it will take between 7-12 months to go back to normal everyday tasks but at least 2 years for heavy leg exercises and sports.

3) Yes, it is doable, only in 2 segments though. Some people have been crazy and done up to 10cm in one segment and come out fine but i'd 100000000% not recommend that. Do 6.5cm + 6.5cm like I will be doing or you can do 7cm+5cm.

4) IMO proportions are bs. Taller people tend to be naturally un-proportionate. You can always adjust your clothing if you do care though.

5) You'd be able to walk normally again as soon as 3 months at best but i'd say 6 months on average for a 5 inch increase. You'd be able to run after a year but to be able to run properly it would take 2 years. Leg workouts would also be at least 2 years later.

I'm going to be paying $47 500
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

AscensionOrDeath

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 02:43:52 PM »

By 2 segments you mean that you would have 2 separate surgeries, one for your femurs and one for your tibia, instead of 1 combined surgery?

AscensionOrDeath

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 02:46:49 PM »

BTW so could I get a 5inch increase by only doing internal lenghtening on both the tibia and femur, so like 2,5 inches on the femur and 2,5 inches on the tibia (5inches in total for each leg) in one combined surgery instead of one surgery for the femurs and one for the tibia?

GrowTow

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 02:56:09 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean, you'll have to do both femurs and tibias which i'm sure you understand.

But, if you're confused about whether you can do both segments at the same time then yes, it's cross-lengthening.

Cross lengthening - if you do internal on femurs and external on tibias as that is all you can afford for $50k. You'll have your first surgery which would put the internal rod into your left femur and an external frame onto your right tibia. You will then lengthen both of these segments 6.5cm and then you'll have a second surgery 3 months after the first in which you'll do the opposite, insert an internal rod onto your right femur and external on left tibia and then match them with the other 2 with 6.5cm each. This will take you 7-9 months.

Otherwise, you can do 2 separate surgeries. You can do internals on your femurs and recover fully and then 1-2 years later do your tibias.

I'd say cross lengthening is cheaper but more of a risk whereas doing 2 separately will be more expensive but safer.

AscensionOrDeath

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 03:05:38 PM »

How much would internal lenghtening on both tibia and femur cost instead of internal on one and external on the other? I want to do internal lenghtening on both femurs and tibias, I don't wanna do external lengthening

StrangeDays67

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 03:09:51 PM »

This isin't as simple as you think it is. Whats your inseam? Sitting height? Wingspan? That determines how much you can do without looking like a circus freak. Then there's the money. If you want to do both segments that could cost up to 200K. Good luck getting a loan for that. And even if you do get it done, 5 inches is going to stretch out your muscles to the point where you will never make a full recovery. It would be more logical to go to 5'10 instead.

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 03:23:38 PM »

Chill dude!
Get one surgery first, preferably femurs, to lengthen to 5 10' and see how you feel. I guarantee your height neurosis will go away

AscensionOrDeath

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2019, 03:36:22 PM »

How do I calculate inseam, wingspan etc?

StrangeDays67

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2019, 03:44:51 PM »

Inseam-press a book hard against your pubic bone and measure it agaisnt a wall. Inseam-Measure the total distance from one finger to another on your hands spread out.

GrowTow

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 03:46:35 PM »

How much would internal lenghtening on both tibia and femur cost instead of internal on one and external on the other? I want to do internal lenghtening on both femurs and tibias, I don't wanna do external lengthening

It'll be $62k I think, I haven't asked for both internal so i'm not 100% sure but when I asked a year ago it was 60 something

AscensionOrDeath

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 03:49:50 PM »

What about wingspan?

StrangeDays67

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2019, 06:39:20 PM »

Look it up on Google man, its easy to measure.

amandasolomon

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »

Hello! My name is Amanda and I am the marketing coordinator for an orthopedic surgeon who performs the Height Lengthening procedure. Below is some information about the procedure that Dr. Mahboubian performs:

The most up-to-date procedure uses an intramedullary rod and is called the STRYDE/ PRECICE technique. Most candidates are able to increase their height up to 8 cm (3.1 inches) with one lengthening procedure (usually femurs) without any issues. Additional lengthening of the tibias can be performed to increase height by an additional 6.5 cm (2.5 inches). Although age is always a consideration, the main concerns regarding candidacy is the health of your bones, meaning that you don't have bone disease or infections. It is not recommended to perform lengthening on the femurs and tibias simultaneously due to higher complication rates including fat embolism, joint contracture and nerve damage; however, a staged procedure of both can be performed with 3-4 weeks in between each procedure.

The first step in the process is to determine if the Height Lengthening procedure is right for you.  To do this you will need to set up a consultation so that you can be properly evaluated.  During the consultation, Dr. M. will examine you and take x-rays of your legs.  At that time you will be given all the necessary information including treatment options, recovery and costs.  The recovery time is 3-4 months before you can walk without any assistance and 6-8 months for competitive sports.

****NEW PRICES FOR 2019****
$750 consultation fee can be applied towards your surgery cost!
Bilateral femur lengthening (Precise nail) -----------------$65,500.00
Bilateral tibia lengthening   (Precise nail) -----------------$75,000.00   
Combined tibia and femur lengthening 3-4 weeks apart-------$139,000.00
*Upgrade to the full weight bearing STRYDE nail for $5000 more

****NEW REFFERAL PROGRAM****
We now offer a referral program with $1000 credit to any services provided by Dr. Mahboubian, if your referral has their procedure performed with us!

The height lengthening procedure is considered cosmetic and may not be covered by your insurance. However, having insurance would be beneficial to cover the costs of physical therapy, medications and any additional problems/complications that may arise during your treatment.

Currently, financing is available for surgery through Care Credit, where the ability to finance the procedure is dependent upon your credit rating. Learn more about this during your consultation.

What is covered in the cost of surgery?

1. Hospital stay for up to 3 days.
2. All hospital charges relating to the operating room and recovery room.
3. Implant costs: Bilateral Precice lengthening rods.
4. Anesthesiologist fees.
5. Surgeon fees.
6. Surgery assistant fees.
7. Radiologist fees (includes their reading fee of all the x-rays).
8. All hospital diagnostic tests during the admission.
9. All x-rays: up to (90 days) 12 weeks (your insurance may cover past 90 days).
10. All office visits: up to (90 days) 12 weeks (your insurance may cover past 90 days).

What is not covered?

1. Medications and pharmaceuticals (e.g. pain medicine, anticoagulants, supplements e.g. calcium, bone health now, Vitamin D, anti-inflammatory medications, wheelchair, crutches. Insurance will cover).
2. Travel/Lodging accommodations. We will provide a list of recommended locations.
3. Food and other supplies during the stay in Los Angeles.
4. Home health aids (nurses, homemaker, etc.).

It is recommended but not mandatory that you remain in the United States for the entire lengthening process. If that is impossible, a minimum of 2-3 weeks are necessary to ensure all went well with the procedure and that the lengthening phase began well.

* Prices quoted above are subject to change and are only good for surgeries performed in 2019.

Please call 818.322.0126 to set up an appointment. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

The Height Lengthening Team.
Please visit our website for further information
http://heightlengthening.com

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 07:41:48 PM »

I'm going from 5'6 to 5'11 so literally the same as you but i'm just 1 inch shorter.
1) I'm doing internal femurs and external tibia (that's the cheapest/safest option for my budget).

2) Once I do my 13cm, i'm assuming it will take between 7-12 months to go back to normal everyday tasks but at least 2 years for heavy leg exercises and sports.

3) Yes, it is doable, only in 2 segments though. Some people have been crazy and done up to 10cm in one segment and come out fine but i'd 100000000% not recommend that. Do 6.5cm + 6.5cm like I will be doing or you can do 7cm+5cm.

4) IMO proportions are bs. Taller people tend to be naturally un-proportionate. You can always adjust your clothing if you do care though.

5) You'd be able to walk normally again as soon as 3 months at best but i'd say 6 months on average for a 5 inch increase. You'd be able to run after a year but to be able to run properly it would take 2 years. Leg workouts would also be at least 2 years later.

I'm going to be paying $47 500

So, do you use lifts today?
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs

GrowTow

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 10:28:56 PM »

So, do you use lifts today?

Yes, why?
Pages: [1]   Go Up